By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Trophy support for 'PSP Remaster' titles

dsister said:

@Xxain

Really what's the point of buying a port of a PSP game on the PS3? The only reason I could see to pick it up over the cheaper PSP version would be to unlock achievements. If I was remotely interested in this game this news would have made me buy it on the PSP instead of the PS3 

You  can play them with others without restrictions.

Monster is designrf with multiplayer in mind and unlike Japan where everybody on the island has the potential to meet up at local gatherings we westerners dont. We could resort to Ad HOC party but its kinda halved assed..u need a wierded conncection and you have to keep the PS3 running, also you have to be in Ad Hoc screen whivh is lame

most PSP games dont infratructure mode so you cant use the net either

on PS3 it allows for seeming connectivity and thats more than enough reason...not meaingless trophies.

Around the Network

If you play on PS3 you have to keep the PS3 on at all times anyways :-p 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:

If you play on PS3 you have to keep the PS3 on at all times anyways :-p 

but your actually palying the PS3

Ad Hoc party you  are not..your basically using it as a server

i will still buy these psp remastered collections, but i wont buy as many as i would normally because of not having something sony themselves said was mandtory since 2009, trophy support.

i been gaming since 1980 and have owned almost every single game system ever made to this date, i have enjoyed plenty of games without having trophies and i still enjoying playing and beating games without them. but it does help keep me playing a game longer so that i can achieve more trophies, which i like alot. because i want games that i can put over 60hrs or more into and having trophies does help that for me , anyways.  just my 2 cents.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Sony lost a potential buyer.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i will still buy these psp remastered collections, but i wont buy as many as i would normally because of not having something sony themselves said was mandtory since 2009, trophy support.

i been gaming since 1980 and have owned almost every single game system ever made to this date, i have enjoyed plenty of games without having trophies and i still enjoying playing and beating games without them. but it does help keep me playing a game longer so that i can achieve more trophies, which i like alot. because i want games that i can put over 60hrs or more into and having trophies does help that for me , anyways.  just my 2 cents.

but is a trophy?

example you need to dodge roll 3 times to get a trophy

why cant you just do that by yourself why does digital nothingness have to inspire you to do it?

Slightly disappoiting but wont stop me from buying MGS Peace Walker or KH Birth By Sleep again if they do it!

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:

It is odd considering Sony's own mandate that all titles released on PS3 after the start of 2009 are required to have trophies.

Indeed. I owe some apologies to posters that claimed it wouldn't come with trophy support. Surprising move.

Regardless, if the right games make the jump, I'll pick them up anyway.

I'm waiting for that apology.....:)

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread then, no trophy, no buy.

Xxain said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

but is a trophy?

why cant you just do that by yourself why does digital nothingness have to inspire you to do it?

Because for most games getting all trophies/achievements you have to master the game;.

It is motivating people to do somethings in a game they never would do, I never would have tried to beat Tales of vesperia under 15 hours or beating the first chapter boss under level 15...It makes the game more challenging and having all the achievements made me feel like I mastered the game and now you can show the world that you did it :).

Xxain said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

but is a trophy?

What is the point of a real trophy? To "tag" an achievement, to collect, to display your accomplishments, and, ultimately, to show off your achievements to your friends, and anybody else who's interested.

Really, the only difference between real trophies, and the ones in games, is what they're made of, but it's not the materials that are important.

And, yes, some game trophies are pointless, as are some real ones (well done, you participated!), and those ones are just there to bulk out the collection, most people only really take notice of the harder, more difficult to accomplish things - which is why they're ranked in difficulty.