By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Trophy support for 'PSP Remaster' titles

CVG

You may have noticed the omission of any Trophy support mentioned in yesterday's revealing of Sony's new PSP Remaster series. That's because there isn't any.

Sony Japan has confirmed in a recent Q&A (translated via Siliconera) that, unlike the PS2 remakes brought to PS3, the PSP remakes bound for the HD console will not be graced with Trophy support. 

Sony has been particularly committed to protecting its Trophy system from potential hacks, which is one reason why Trophies never arrived on the widely hacked PSP. As Siliconera interestingly speculates, with save data transferable between PSP and 'PSP Remaster' versions of games, it's not beyond imagination that players could exploit the hackable PSP version to gain Trophies on PS3. 

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/302709/news/no-trophy-support-for-psp-remaster-titles/

Around the Network

Sounds good to me, Trophies and I aren't really best friends ;)

It makes sense but it does mean I'm no longer interested

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

2chan is not happy about it, either.

I just went from planning on buying most of these to not buying any at all. 

Really Sony?  I mean really, no freaking trophies?  What is this 2007?

Around the Network

Very stupid move. God Sony I try to defend you always but you always make bone head moves like this such as charging people for the PS1 titles on the Xperia Play even if they own them on their PSP/PS3. There is no reason for me to re-buy the titles now (except for HD which is meh when my backlog is already so long)

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

that sucks, but i'll still be picking up some titles depending on which ones get released

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation and didnt get a PS3 till after 2009.

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years plus and who had a PS3 pre 2009 would find this in any sense a problem

You new age gamers have clue on  any real  values

No point for me to rebuy any then. I got all the games I want anyways, except for the unreleased ones of course :P

Xxain said:

So pretty much  everybody in this threads has has started gaming this generation

ther is NO WAY somebody who has been gaming for 10 years pluswould find this in any sense a problem

You new age gamers have clue on  any real  values

I've been gaming since the original NES days get over it Xxain.  What's your deal lately?  Your usually a pretty balanced poster but lately you've been posting like an eliteist.  The fact is its modern days now and tech changes.  Things like achievements and trophies are to be expected.  10 years ago no it wouldn't have been a problem at all since they weren't an idustry standard.  Now things like that are on the PS3 and for them to not add them, defeats any purpose whatsoever of rebuying them.

Same thing with cars.  Sure 50 years ago buying a car with out power windows and locks wasn't a big deal and wasn't a problem because they weren't around.  Now they are and their pretty much standard, so its expected for most vehicles to have them.

You calling out everyone else in the thread like your so much better and more "hardcore" of a gamer just is rediculous.  And it sounds more and more like your haveing a real hard time copeing with the fact that the idustry has evolved and changed.