By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Games to Triple by Year End, Core Not Left Behind at (E3)

Its going to be a bunch of Kinect games and like 2 core games, and I'm sure Call of crap duty will be at there showing.




 

 

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:


Microsoft had a lot of games but they have by far the worst first party quality assurance. They only have good third party relationships with shooter titles. Nintendo has no connection with third parties at all, which is why they have a lot of shovelware. Sony is the only one out of three outside of first party titles that seems to have a direct connection with third parties, which is why they have extremely close first, second and third party titles and close relationships with the companies who make them.

MS has the worst first party quality assurance? That's merely an opinoin. I personally enjoy the Halo and Fable franchises more than anything Sony is responsible for. So I guess I could say MS has the best quality assurance.

You don't know what 3rd parties MS has good relationships with. All I can tell you is 3rd parties do rely on the 360 and MS continues to work with 3rd parties.

What do you mean Nintendo has no connection with 3rd parties? They've published a good number of games developed by 3rd parties and even let Sega use their biggest IP.

Just a pointless discussion but thanks for sharing your opinions.

What first party assurance? Outside of Forza...show it to me this year. Oh...wait....the other game everyone forgot about as well. The Last Templar. If I was Microsoft I would fire whoever let that game through the door so early.

Correction, The FIRST Templar. And what does it have to do with Microsoft? They didn't publish or develop it.


Quality control on their exclusives. This is one of the points. The only exclusives that seem to get any quality control are Halo (which is their baby) Gears and Forza. Fable is up in the air, they don't seem to care about action/adventure.



Paulwithagun said:

Its going to be a bunch of Kinect games and like 2 core games, and I'm sure Call of crap duty will be at there showing.


I will be surprised if there are even two core exclusives revealed. As much as it hurts my brain, I think micorsoft is going to go for Sonys nuts again and try for FFXIII Versus. The way Japan has been responding to the 360, I highly doubt this will happen though. They seem to have dropped the mass majority of support for the Japanese 360 versions of the FF franchise.



S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:


Microsoft had a lot of games but they have by far the worst first party quality assurance. They only have good third party relationships with shooter titles. Nintendo has no connection with third parties at all, which is why they have a lot of shovelware. Sony is the only one out of three outside of first party titles that seems to have a direct connection with third parties, which is why they have extremely close first, second and third party titles and close relationships with the companies who make them.

MS has the worst first party quality assurance? That's merely an opinoin. I personally enjoy the Halo and Fable franchises more than anything Sony is responsible for. So I guess I could say MS has the best quality assurance.

You don't know what 3rd parties MS has good relationships with. All I can tell you is 3rd parties do rely on the 360 and MS continues to work with 3rd parties.

What do you mean Nintendo has no connection with 3rd parties? They've published a good number of games developed by 3rd parties and even let Sega use their biggest IP.

Just a pointless discussion but thanks for sharing your opinions.

What first party assurance? Outside of Forza...show it to me this year. Oh...wait....the other game everyone forgot about as well. The Last Templar. If I was Microsoft I would fire whoever let that game through the door so early.


Can't be much worse than SOCOM 4's 67 on Metacritic right now. Perhaps Sony should fire the head of Zipper? Perhaps Sony should have had the assurance not to release this game? Perhaps this makes you realize how silly you're sounding right now?

Socom is only one game out of 20 and it isn't bad at all when you play it with the move controller. It's actually much more fun than Too Human.

Lemme take a look here at Metacritic and see if I find other examples. Oh wait...

DC Universe Online- 67

Last Rebellion- 44

Afrika- 63

Monster Madness: Grave Danger- 55

Haze- 55

Now, shall I continue to blow your argument out of the water even further, or will you admit that you don't actually have a point? And yeah, I didn't even touch the Move stuff.



themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

So they're going the Nintendo route of ignoring it throughout the Year and blowing the load during the last few Months?

Well... It worked for the Wii, why not Kinect?



                            

Around the Network

Amazing amount of damage control in this thread.  The Kinect is going to get some pretty amazing games and some people need to just learn to accept that fact.  As for the people that have the delusion that nobody cares about Kinect games or they're someone worse than core games, the scores and sales speak for themselves. 

I expect Kinect Sports for example will outsell every Sony exclusive except for Gran Turismo 5 and even that game might end up being outsold depending on how well Kinect Sports' sales pick up this X'mas and the next.  Who would have ever thought at the start of this generation that casuals games on the Xbox 360 would be outselling major PS3 exclusives...

Just wait until games like Star Wars Kinect, Dance Central 2, and other major Kinect exclusives drop this year, it'll be the dominant console this X'mas by far.



themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:


Microsoft had a lot of games but they have by far the worst first party quality assurance. They only have good third party relationships with shooter titles. Nintendo has no connection with third parties at all, which is why they have a lot of shovelware. Sony is the only one out of three outside of first party titles that seems to have a direct connection with third parties, which is why they have extremely close first, second and third party titles and close relationships with the companies who make them.

MS has the worst first party quality assurance? That's merely an opinoin. I personally enjoy the Halo and Fable franchises more than anything Sony is responsible for. So I guess I could say MS has the best quality assurance.

You don't know what 3rd parties MS has good relationships with. All I can tell you is 3rd parties do rely on the 360 and MS continues to work with 3rd parties.

What do you mean Nintendo has no connection with 3rd parties? They've published a good number of games developed by 3rd parties and even let Sega use their biggest IP.

Just a pointless discussion but thanks for sharing your opinions.

What first party assurance? Outside of Forza...show it to me this year. Oh...wait....the other game everyone forgot about as well. The Last Templar. If I was Microsoft I would fire whoever let that game through the door so early.


Can't be much worse than SOCOM 4's 67 on Metacritic right now. Perhaps Sony should fire the head of Zipper? Perhaps Sony should have had the assurance not to release this game? Perhaps this makes you realize how silly you're sounding right now?

Socom is only one game out of 20 and it isn't bad at all when you play it with the move controller. It's actually much more fun than Too Human.

Lemme take a look here at Metacritic and see if I find other examples. Oh wait...

DC Universe Online- 67

Last Rebellion- 44

Afrika- 63

Monster Madness: Grave Danger- 55

Haze- 55

Now, shall I continue to blow your argument out of the water even further, or will you admit that you don't actually have a point? And yeah, I didn't even touch the Move stuff.

lol wow anyone can play this game. Haze, Monster Madness, Afrika were all pretty bad. DC Universe is unforgivable, but you want to know the worst part? Those games majorly came before Sony started focusing on the quality of their games in 2009. Blu Ray was saved and everyone moved on with their lives. DC Universe was the ONLY one to tank near this time spectrum. If you want to bring kinect and Xbox 360 exclusives in this I will play your game though. LOL



I hope Microsoft brings some interesting games this year, there's so much potential for fun!



Legend11 said:

Amazing amount of damage control in this thread.  The Kinect is going to get some pretty amazing games and some people need to just learn to accept that fact.  As for the people that have the delusion that nobody cares about Kinect games or they're someone worse than core games, the scores and sales speak for themselves. 

I expect Kinect Sports for example will outsell every Sony exclusive except for Gran Turismo 5 and even that game might end up being outsold depending on how well Kinect Sports' sales pick up this X'mas and the next.  Who would have ever thought at the start of this generation that casuals games on the Xbox 360 would be outselling major PS3 exclusives...

Just wait until games like Star Wars Kinect, Dance Central 2, and other major Kinect exclusives drop this year, it'll be the dominant console this X'mas by far.

Whoever denies that people care about kinect is kinda stupid. It is the godsend for the casual gamer.



S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:


Microsoft had a lot of games but they have by far the worst first party quality assurance. They only have good third party relationships with shooter titles. Nintendo has no connection with third parties at all, which is why they have a lot of shovelware. Sony is the only one out of three outside of first party titles that seems to have a direct connection with third parties, which is why they have extremely close first, second and third party titles and close relationships with the companies who make them.

MS has the worst first party quality assurance? That's merely an opinoin. I personally enjoy the Halo and Fable franchises more than anything Sony is responsible for. So I guess I could say MS has the best quality assurance.

You don't know what 3rd parties MS has good relationships with. All I can tell you is 3rd parties do rely on the 360 and MS continues to work with 3rd parties.

What do you mean Nintendo has no connection with 3rd parties? They've published a good number of games developed by 3rd parties and even let Sega use their biggest IP.

Just a pointless discussion but thanks for sharing your opinions.

What first party assurance? Outside of Forza...show it to me this year. Oh...wait....the other game everyone forgot about as well. The Last Templar. If I was Microsoft I would fire whoever let that game through the door so early.


Can't be much worse than SOCOM 4's 67 on Metacritic right now. Perhaps Sony should fire the head of Zipper? Perhaps Sony should have had the assurance not to release this game? Perhaps this makes you realize how silly you're sounding right now?

Socom is only one game out of 20 and it isn't bad at all when you play it with the move controller. It's actually much more fun than Too Human.

Lemme take a look here at Metacritic and see if I find other examples. Oh wait...

DC Universe Online- 67

Last Rebellion- 44

Afrika- 63

Monster Madness: Grave Danger- 55

Haze- 55

Now, shall I continue to blow your argument out of the water even further, or will you admit that you don't actually have a point? And yeah, I didn't even touch the Move stuff.

lol wow anyone can play this game. Haze, Monster Madness, Afrika were all pretty bad. DC Universe is unforgivable, but you want to know the worst part? Those games majorly came before Sony started focusing on the quality of their games in 2009. Blu Ray was saved and everyone moved on with their lives. DC Universe was the ONLY one to tank near this time spectrum. If you want to bring kinect and Xbox 360 exclusives in this I will play your game though. LOL


Actually, Afrika came out in 2009 and Last Rebellion in 2010. Your "Sony started focusing on the quality of their games in 2009" is a complete unprovable nonsense statement that has no basis in fact, only in your mind. Like I said, I haven't counted Move games either (all of which came out after 2009 obviously). I suggest you actually take a look at the games released on the PS3 since 2009, because if you think it hasn't gotten any shovelware, you're only deluding yourself, and I'm clearly wasting my time. But please do me a favor and stop trying to sell me on a bogus notion that Sony has high quality control standards, while trying to refute every example to the contrary that I bring up- either they do or they don't, there are no exceptions.



themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.