By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Games to Triple by Year End, Core Not Left Behind at (E3)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Name them.

Well the games definitely coming this year are Forza 4 and Gears 3. Kingdoms was supposed to be out this year but I'm guessing it'll be delayed. Alan Wake and Halo games are in the works but may not come this year.

Kinect is potentially getting a few core games this year as well.

Like they said, we'll have to wait for E3. If nothing is announced, feel free to complain.

I've made it clear to all screamers to wait until E3. Until then I still will not believe a thing because they are so heavily invested in Kinect. Kinect is also half the reason they arent focusing on another console. Thats alot of money being poured solely into kinect......yeah. lol

Around the Network
ImJustBayuum said:
awesomeX10 said:
ImJustBayuum said:
awesomeX10 said:
The only reason to cater to 3rd parties is to get their support unless you think he's suggesting MS is trying to get 3rd parties more profit out of the goodness of their hearts which is lol

I'll say their intention is not to cater to the 3rd parties for the reason you stated, but rather they rely on third party titles to suppliment their mega profitable but few exclusives thus providing a healthy offerings for the userbase whilst still earning money. The unintentional result of their strategy is that developers will prolly earn more money on xbox 36o multiplats then on ps3 multiplats.

Yet neither him nor you has named a dev which makes significantly more on 360 then ps3, and the fact that companies expect to ship more games (copies) this year then last year on ps3 is pretty much the opposite of his reasoning that less first party equals more third party sales I'm sure many companies make more profit on 360 as do many companies on ps3 but lack of exclusives has very little to do with it 

EA, Ubisoft, THQ, Activition...etc

There are a number of valid reasons for this...one of which was pointed out by MrPuggsly.

Can I get actual numbers rather then just a guess?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
scat398 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
awesomeX10 said:
smroadkill15 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft always does this with PR when it comes to questioning about the lack of core titles. They need to stop dodging straight forward questions about lack of first party exclusives. I highly doubt they will have anything special. If they do I will be pleasantly surprised.

Well what would you expect them to say? We already know they have several core games in the works and If they have any to unveil they'll do it at E3.

halo 

gears 

forza 

fable 

alan wake 

5 is several? 

Ummm yea. Several means anything more than 2, but not that much more. So 5 is pretty much the perfect example of the word several. 

so by your logic 3 is several lol

sev·er·al   
1. being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind: several ways of doing it.

Its the definition, not just one's logic.

hmm I always thought several came after many for some reason, so there are several core games in development for 360 but not many according to dictionary about many and several 

You make it sound like a bad thing.  MS has figured out that releasing a large number of exclusive titles does little to increase base and only angers developers who see their share of the pie decreasing.  Better to focus on a few exclusives and a few multiplat titles to maximize revenue without sacrificing income.  That's why will see Kinect, Gears, Halo, and then multiplat's at E3. 

Microsoft has never had a massive number of exclusives come out first party like Sony. They could never know such a thing. They need to start making some new in house first party studios and getting them to make an interesting variety of titles.

Hello i guess u dont read often microsoft has annouced 3 new  studios already within the last 2 weeks ....

and never had a massive lineup where were you in 2010 all the exclusives microsoft had so yea your statement so idiotic

awesomeX10 said:

I just said nothing beats a lower price... games are second best way to effect sales so yes it did need Uncharted and infamous at launch and yes a lower price would of helped more then good games that still doesnt' change the fact that Sony is gaining third party support when they are releasing the most good 1st/2ed party exclusives which makes your theory that MS isn't focusing on many core games for the sake of third party support riddicules 

Ofcourse that theory is "riddicules." Its not even my theory.

But I do think Sony putting out so many games has a negative impact on 3rd party sales. Most notably the games that appeal to fans of western games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I've made it clear to all screamers to wait until E3. Until then I still will not believe a thing because they are so heavily invested in Kinect. Kinect is also half the reason they arent focusing on another console. Thats alot of money being poured solely into kinect......yeah. lol

What have they really poured into Kinect?

They haven't released any new games this year, nothing has really been announced, and I think they said they want to put a AAA shooter on it which may not come any time soon.

I feel like the attention MS is giving Kinect is greatly exaggerated.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

The amount of negativity in this thread is rediuclous.

God gamers have become elitist.  No one knows a single thing about what they could be working on and yet half of all the comments are "OMGZ KINECTZ TEH SUCKETH SUPER BABY GAGA IMAGINE GAMZ IZ ALL THEY GON MAKE!"

How bout instead of complaining about imaginiary games that we litteraly know nothing about you at least try to add something to the conversation or don't post at all.

epicberserk said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
scat398 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
awesomeX10 said:
smroadkill15 said:
awesomeX10 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft always does this with PR when it comes to questioning about the lack of core titles. They need to stop dodging straight forward questions about lack of first party exclusives. I highly doubt they will have anything special. If they do I will be pleasantly surprised.

Well what would you expect them to say? We already know they have several core games in the works and If they have any to unveil they'll do it at E3.

halo 

gears 

forza 

fable 

alan wake 

5 is several? 

Ummm yea. Several means anything more than 2, but not that much more. So 5 is pretty much the perfect example of the word several. 

so by your logic 3 is several lol

sev·er·al   
1. being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind: several ways of doing it.

Its the definition, not just one's logic.

hmm I always thought several came after many for some reason, so there are several core games in development for 360 but not many according to dictionary about many and several 

You make it sound like a bad thing.  MS has figured out that releasing a large number of exclusive titles does little to increase base and only angers developers who see their share of the pie decreasing.  Better to focus on a few exclusives and a few multiplat titles to maximize revenue without sacrificing income.  That's why will see Kinect, Gears, Halo, and then multiplat's at E3. 

Microsoft has never had a massive number of exclusives come out first party like Sony. They could never know such a thing. They need to start making some new in house first party studios and getting them to make an interesting variety of titles.

Hello i guess u dont read often microsoft has annouced 3 new  studios already within the last 2 weeks ....

and never had a massive lineup where were you in 2010 all the exclusives microsoft had so yea your statement so idiotic

I said first party lineup...not a massive lineup. Reading is fundamental. I believe Microsoft has opened up new studios, but I think they are all for kinect. It's up to them to prove me wrong come E3.

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What have they really poured into Kinect?

They haven't released any new games this year, nothing has really been announced, and I think they said they want to put a AAA shooter on it which may not come any time soon.

I feel like the attention MS is giving Kinect is greatly exaggerated.

What have they poured into Kinect?.......A little over a Billion perhaps? Lets hope it is worth it at E3. I also hope to see first party titles....not third party. We already know Microsoft can pay people to do work Microsoft studios and lionhead cant.

BenVTrigger said:

The amount of negativity in this thread is rediuclous.

God gamers have become elitist.  No one knows a single thing about what they could be working on and yet half of all the comments are "OMGZ KINECTZ TEH SUCKETH SUPER BABY GAGA IMAGINE GAMZ IZ ALL THEY GON MAKE!"

How bout instead of complaining about imaginiary games that we litteraly know nothing about you at least try to add something to the conversation or don't post at all.

don't waste your time,"that group" will not listen you

S.T.A.G.E. said:

What have they poured into Kinect?.......A little over a Billion perhaps? Lets hope it is worth it at E3. I also hope to see first party titles....not third party. We already know Microsoft can pay people to do work Microsoft studios and lionhead cant.

As far as we know Kinect probably earned a billion dollars. I mean it boosted 360 console sales by millions YoY and Kinect has sold about 10 million units as well. On top of that its boosted software sales and likely accessories as well.

Lets hope it was worth it? It clearly already has been.

Kinect games that Microsoft is publishing are Project Draco, Haunt, Codename D, and Gunstringer. At least some of them should be talked about at E3.

Recently Completed