By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Games to Triple by Year End, Core Not Left Behind at (E3)

D-Joe said:
Adobo said:

I hope they make an RPG like games for kinect.

only can see turn-based RPG can work on Kinect

And that's why you are posting on a forum instead of working for a respected game developing company.

Around the Network
scottie said:
D-Joe said:
Adobo said:

And that's why you are posting on a forum instead of working for a respected game developing company.

WTF?

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Whats not enough is what does not exist. As I've said they'll probably get some third party to do it for them and risk quality, because I don't think Microsoft does quality assurance checks third parties outside of Epic games.

You're getting into something else now. I could argue Sony, Nintendo, Capcom, Activions, EA, Sega, and some other big companies don't always have great quality control either.

Sony for example. Some relatively recent titles like Motorstorm: Apocalypse, Socom 4, PS Move Heroes, DC Universe Online, The Fight, The Shoot, Start the Party, and Kung Fu Rider don't exactly scream great quality control. That's 8 games Sony should have kept their eye on.

To argue an in-house first party quality control battle would be a horrible argument to try and win. Even worse for a third party when it comes to Microsoft. Nintendo isn't even in this topic because they and third parties don't even mix.

Oh boy, what a boring discussion. I'm just saying a lot of companies don't always deliver in "quality assurance."

Lets just drop it. You aren't a big MS fan, I get it.

I'm not a fan of either MS or Sony. Trust is the issue. I would drop either console (which I already did with the 360) if it lost value to me as sure as the sun rises. I dropped my 360 for a reason.If I could I would still have both, but paying for school and having two consoles and paying for games just wasnt working. Dropping the 360 ensured me at least two exclusive PS3 and two multiplats for the year without having to fork out anymore cash. As I said I value games and quality games at that. Microsoft had a lot of games but they have by far the worst first party quality assurance. They only have good third party relationships with shooter titles. Nintendo has no connection with third parties at all, which is why they have a lot of shovelware. Sony is the only one out of three outside of first party titles that seems to have a direct connection with third parties, which is why they have extremely close first, second and third party titles and close relationships with the companies who make them.

D-Joe said:
scottie said:
D-Joe said:
Adobo said:

WTF?

I am merely saying that game developers put a lot more thought into ways to apply technologies such as kinect to games than you do - it is their job after all. Alot of them are also quite probably better at such things then you (and I mean no offense to you by that - they are better at this sort of thing than me for sure - the gaming industry attracts some of the most creative and intelligent people on this planet and they have much more experience than you.)

Just because you are incapable of thinking of ways of applying Kinect to real time RPGs, does not mean that game developers cannot do it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft had a lot of games but they have by far the worst first party quality assurance. They only have good third party relationships with shooter titles. Nintendo has no connection with third parties at all, which is why they have a lot of shovelware. Sony is the only one out of three outside of first party titles that seems to have a direct connection with third parties, which is why they have extremely close first, second and third party titles and close relationships with the companies who make them.

MS has the worst first party quality assurance? That's merely an opinoin. I personally enjoy the Halo and Fable franchises more than anything Sony is responsible for. So I guess I could say MS has the best quality assurance.

You don't know what 3rd parties MS has good relationships with. All I can tell you is 3rd parties do rely on the 360 and MS continues to work with 3rd parties.

What do you mean Nintendo has no connection with 3rd parties? They've published a good number of games developed by 3rd parties and even let Sega use their biggest IP.

Just a pointless discussion but thanks for sharing your opinions.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft had a lot of games but they have by far the worst first party quality assurance. They only have good third party relationships with shooter titles. Nintendo has no connection with third parties at all, which is why they have a lot of shovelware. Sony is the only one out of three outside of first party titles that seems to have a direct connection with third parties, which is why they have extremely close first, second and third party titles and close relationships with the companies who make them.

MS has the worst first party quality assurance? That's merely an opinoin. I personally enjoy the Halo and Fable franchises more than anything Sony is responsible for. So I guess I could say MS has the best quality assurance.

You don't know what 3rd parties MS has good relationships with. All I can tell you is 3rd parties do rely on the 360 and MS continues to work with 3rd parties.

What do you mean Nintendo has no connection with 3rd parties? They've published a good number of games developed by 3rd parties and even let Sega use their biggest IP.

What first party assurance? Outside of Forza...show it to me this year. Oh...wait....the other game everyone forgot about as well. The Last Templar. If I was Microsoft I would fire whoever let that game through the door so early.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What first party assurance? Outside of Forza...show it to me this year. Oh...wait....the other game everyone forgot about as well. The Last Templar. If I was Microsoft I would fire whoever let that game through the door so early.

Can't be much worse than SOCOM 4's 67 on Metacritic right now. Perhaps Sony should fire the head of Zipper? Perhaps Sony should have had the assurance not to release this game? Perhaps this makes you realize how silly you're sounding right now?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Can't be much worse than SOCOM 4's 67 on Metacritic right now. Perhaps Sony should fire the head of Zipper? Perhaps Sony should have had the assurance not to release this game? Perhaps this makes you realize how silly you're sounding right now?

Socom is only one game out of 20 and it isn't bad at all when you play it with the move controller. It's actually much more fun than Too Human.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Correction, The FIRST Templar. And what does it have to do with Microsoft? They didn't publish or develop it.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
themanwithnoname said:

Socom is only one game out of 20 and it isn't bad at all when you play it with the move controller. It's actually much more fun than Too Human.

Why compare Socom 4 to Too Human? Too Human came out back in 2008 I believe.

Maybe you should compare Socom 4 to titles like DC Universe Online, White Knight Chronicles, The Shoot, The Fight, Playstation Move Heroes, Kung Fu Riders, Start the Party, TV Superstars, and Motorstorm: Apocolypse. That's 10 Sony games with piss poor sales or modest reviews.

Clearly Sony doesn't have the best track record of quality assurance either but you don't give up.

Recently Completed