By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The gamrConnect 2.0 Hype Thread

Arcturus said:
ioi said:
d21lewis said:

I just noticed:  A FORUM SEARCH OPTION!!  It's gonna be just like old times!!  No more Google for me!!!

The biggest thing that wll make our forum greater will be an influx of new and intelligent users (hopefully with big boobs).  I hope the new changes attract the right kind of people and not the usual riff raff.  I'm hoping for a return to form.  When the new gamrConnect comes up, I'm going to tweet it to all ten of my Twitter followers!!

Obviously we are hoping that gamrRewards and the chance to win a signed copy of a game, a new game console, the chance to hang out with us at E3 and other awesome prizes like that will draw in a lot of new people to the site...

Will gamrRewards be open to those outside of the US?

A lot of the users on the site are from the UK, and it is meant to be a site for people across the globe, so I wouldn't be surprised.

The rewards sound like an excellent idea, I know I'd LOVE to go to E3, for example, and I know that would draw many people in...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I know the first thing I'm going to do!

Uncheck the Political discussion from forums I want to see. I'm pretty excited.

Conegamer said:
Arcturus said:
ioi said:
d21lewis said:

I just noticed:  A FORUM SEARCH OPTION!!  It's gonna be just like old times!!  No more Google for me!!!

The biggest thing that wll make our forum greater will be an influx of new and intelligent users (hopefully with big boobs).  I hope the new changes attract the right kind of people and not the usual riff raff.  I'm hoping for a return to form.  When the new gamrConnect comes up, I'm going to tweet it to all ten of my Twitter followers!!

Obviously we are hoping that gamrRewards and the chance to win a signed copy of a game, a new game console, the chance to hang out with us at E3 and other awesome prizes like that will draw in a lot of new people to the site...

Will gamrRewards be open to those outside of the US?

A lot of the users on the site are from the UK, and it is meant to be a site for people across the globe, so I wouldn't be surprised.

The rewards sound like an excellent idea, I know I'd LOVE to go to E3, for example, and I know that would draw many people in...

This site does receive traffic from all over the globe, so I would hope that the gamrRewards are open to the majority of users. I only ask because some recent contests held on this site were only open to US residents, like the one that gave away a PS3 game from a selection of three.

Sounds pretty awesome.

However, there's a request I'd like. I usually hate the US covers for games and I'd like the ability to choose my own default cover for the games in my collection and/or choose a default cover for all games. I believe you could choose a default cover for the games in your collection in an older version of VGChartz and I'd really like that feature to come back.

But like I said, pretty awesome, even without my wish coming true.

To express my opinions on this as civilly as I can: HOLY FUCKING CRAPSHIT.

This is really awesome. Thanks for putting so much work into this and putting up with our constant whining about when it would finally be ready.

PS: Gnac, get working on a new userscript. I can't go back to green

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Looks awesome good job on the hard work! I'm sure your doing this but I dont think you mentioned it, your adding more things to the point systems like game details, screenshots, people posting in your thread etc. right?

Gilgamesh said:

Looks awesome good job on the hard work! I'm sure your doing this but I dont think you mentioned it, your adding more things to the point systems like game details, screenshots, people posting in your thread etc. right?

Hey Gilgamesh, yeah those areas are included in the points system and all fall under those four categories.  The screen Brett shared was of the leaderboard which shows a sum of those categories per user.  Individual page profiles break it down a bit more though like you mention

infinity2k9 said:
Gilgamesh said:

Hey Gilgamesh, yeah those areas are included in the points system and all fall under those four categories.  The screen Brett shared was of the leaderboard which shows a sum of those categories per user.  Individual page profiles break it down a bit more though like you mention

Thank you kind sir that pleases me quite a bit :)

Very nice i always thought vgchartz had the best lookng forum on the net (as far as ive seen) this will prove it lol.

Loving the custom home pages, the return of the plus sign, and especially the new mobile forum.

Speaking of mobile, please tell me that the new posting system will work with mobile browsers. If it does, I promise to never complain about this site ever again.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.