By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Yay! a triumphant for real gaming. 139 52.06%

Yea.. I might skip next generation. 29 10.86%

Don't care, just wish th... 44 16.48%

I'm ready to jump ship, ... 10 3.75%

Console gaming now is dea... 21 7.87%

I feel sorry for the next... 24 8.99%

Total:267
Xxain said:
wfz said:

I'll be conceited, I don't care if the console doesn't sell gangbusters. I just want a console I love with the games i love. N64 and Gamecube are still two of my absolute favorite consoles of all times.

Because of the games.

That's why I'll always buy Nintendo's next console every gen.

beautiful

We dont work for the big 3

we dont own any part of thw big 3

we are gamers and the only shit we should be worried about is what we are playing

This post makes me happy.

I for one hope the Cafe rumors are true. I would love a console where when my lady wants the living room TV I can just grab the controller, go to the room or anywhere I feel comfortable and simply continue playing my game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

+1 to this thread.

Nintendo has a + sized WiiWii on the way, they're big enough to take the next gen don't worry.

Tease.

Just curious now about how this will turn out.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

What do I think? I love it! :D

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:

Read the below at your own peril.

the future of pseudo-PC's that you plug into your tv, overpriced DLC, and overall mediocrity seems prevalent.

Ahh, thats the present... And dont worry if nintendo is been doing business for more than 25 years now, they should know a few thing that you or I dont...

BTW, The 3ds is already printing money, pls keep in mind that nintendo doesnt lose money on hardware...

+

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I just want 3rd party support.  Don't much matter how it happens.

CGI-Quality said:
Acevil said:
mantlepiecek said:

You can use plus sign in the OP.

To use it in the posts you have to use % 2 B all together without spaces.

See?

OT: Not really interested lol.

Let see if this works. 

Seems to work.

[...]

But it doesn't work in the quoted messages, because when you post, the code is replaced by the actual plus sign, that quoting and posting a reply is eaten again by the stupid forum editor. So in the quoted msg you must replace again the plus signs with the code if you want those plus sign to be shown.

+

Edit: also editing your msgs, the plus sign will disappear again if you don't replace it with the code again.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I always get Nintendo's consoles because it's Nintendo.  As long as they still own the rights to Zelda and Mario, I will always buy their systems.

Systems I Own: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Genesis/Sega CD, Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, Game Boy, GB Advance, Game Gear, Intellivision, PC, Xbox, Sega Saturn, Virtual Boy

To come back on topic: this thread showed that Nintendo has just become less relevant than a + sign. On a gaming forum. D0me++.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!