By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Yay! a triumphant for real gaming. 139 52.06%

Yea.. I might skip next generation. 29 10.86%

Don't care, just wish th... 44 16.48%

I'm ready to jump ship, ... 10 3.75%

Console gaming now is dea... 21 7.87%

I feel sorry for the next... 24 8.99%

Total:267

Real gamers do not bash ANY System --

Around the Network

I always said that when Nintendo lost leadership in the handheld market they would get another home console monopoly. I think everything is going according to keikaku.

oniyide said:

i loved the GC so if this is true hell yes!

Yup... they will lose the battle for first place most likely, but GC is still their second best console in my eyes... go on, Nintendo.

Xxain said:
wfz said:

I'll be conceited, I don't care if the console doesn't sell gangbusters. I just want a console I love with the games i love. N64 and Gamecube are still two of my absolute favorite consoles of all times.

Because of the games.

That's why I'll always buy Nintendo's next console every gen.

beautiful

We dont work for the big 3

we dont own any part of thw big 3

we are gamers and the only shit we should be worried about is what we are playing

this whole nervous breakdownabout 3DS and Cafe and geohot and hackers and shit is gettin ridiculous

didnt somebody else just make a thread about the same topic?

Thank You! When your ass spend more time thinking about what a console is doing next. When we have tornados in Alabama, wars, and everything else. Let's see what happen next please. Before we decide to commit suicide because Malstrom says so.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

SmokedHostage said:

Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Personally I loved the Gamecube, so like many have said this is a great thing in my eyes.

But as far as Nintendo's success, it's just too early to predict things like this.  E3 will shed a lot of light on the situation.  In fact based on the rumors, they're giving core gamers and developers what they want (nice power, easy development environment) they're giving it Wii compatibility, and they're launching at least a year before the competition.

You could just as successfully create a thread that reads:

"Nintendo is going the PS2 route next gen and setting itself up for victory."

And as of this writing, the votes are overwhelmingly optimistic.  

Around the Network

The Gamecube was a system that sold poorly because it was released too late, and didn’t differentiate itself on the market enough. By the time it was released the market had already accepted the PS2 as the dominant console of the generation, and the Gamecube didn't really offer anything significantly new compared to the PS2. By (probably) releasing a year before its competition, and (potentially) doing something significantly different than has been done before, Nintendo's next system appears to be avoiding the two biggest mistakes Nintendo made with the Gamecube.

+ 1

So the Wii's successor is 'd0med' before it's even officially announced? Nice

All_Things_Sonic said:

Real gamers do not bash ANY System --

This

SmokedHostage said:

Read the below at your own peril.

The money printing days are over.

I hardly knew thee.

At any rate; Nintendo, probably the only one with the hindsight to see the future of console gaming, seems to be more fond of being a niche company than the mega titan they were earlier this gen.  

I know this isn't all that important, but it was really bothering me. That should be 'foresight' or 'forethought' .... Anyway, I'm sure things will work out for them. ><

Hmm