By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Yay! a triumphant for real gaming. 139 52.06%

Yea.. I might skip next generation. 29 10.86%

Don't care, just wish th... 44 16.48%

I'm ready to jump ship, ... 10 3.75%

Console gaming now is dea... 21 7.87%

I feel sorry for the next... 24 8.99%

Total:267

first, the "disgruntled wii and ds owners" is pure speculation and opinion on your part.   2nd, they were losing grip b4 gamecube came out...it was a slip during the n64 days.   and both were graphically more sophisticated than their counterparts at the time.  i blame that mostly on the advent of the disc for gaming vs the cartridge and ninty sticking with the carts and then their own propriatary disc. when everyone was pitching a tent in their pants for the "glory of disc gaming"   hooray for freaking loading times!

thirdly, you obviously wrote this before reading iwata's shareholder briefing.   Arrogant god attitude? Selfish rockstars?   everything he said was to the contrary.   id suggest you take a few minutes and give it a good read.  might want to change some lines in this post afterwards.

not saying you don't have a right to your opinion, but I'm going to say that your opinion doesn't hold much water.

Around the Network

"Nintendo doomer" cycle. We need it.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

I personally can't wait to see Nintendos next gen library.

Nintendo is focusing on <insert authors least liked thing within gaming>.

Nintendo is DOOOOOOMED!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

If Nintendo goes to Wii route, bad.

If NIntendo goes to GameCube route, bad.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Nintendo has a sized WiiWii on the way, they're big enough to take the next gen don't worry.

My favorite joke of the moment is to refer to this system as the "Perfect Nintendo Entertainment System"...

Wii+™

fuck ¥eah

∇ ∇

noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:

Nintendo has a sized WiiWii on the way, they're big enough to take the next gen don't worry.

My favorite joke of the moment is to refer to this system as the "Perfect Nintendo Entertainment System"...

Wouldn't it be better to get the extra letter in there? Like, maybe, "Perfectly Ideal Nintendo Entertainment System"?

Meanwhile, I'm going to point out something. The new system is rumoured to be codenamed Project Cafe, right? What's the name of Nintendo's first major console? NES. Put them together. Nescafe.

Nestle sponsorship confirmed.

Aielyn said:
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:

Wouldn't it be better to get the extra letter in there? Like, maybe, "Perfectly Ideal Nintendo Entertainment System"?

Meanwhile, I'm going to point out something. The new system is rumoured to be codenamed Project Cafe, right? What's the name of Nintendo's first major console? NES. Put them together. Nescafe.

Nestle sponsorship confirmed.

LOL PINES??

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club