By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Yay! a triumphant for real gaming. 139 52.06%

Yea.. I might skip next generation. 29 10.86%

Don't care, just wish th... 44 16.48%

I'm ready to jump ship, ... 10 3.75%

Console gaming now is dea... 21 7.87%

I feel sorry for the next... 24 8.99%

Total:267

I wonder who have access to more marketing data and consumer feedback Maelstrom or Nintendo.

This guy has obsession of expanded market but how exactly is he so sure that casual crowd would rush to shops to get Wii 2 to play Wii Sports 2 and Wii Fit 2 ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

If Nintendo goes to Wii route, bad.

If NIntendo goes to GameCube route, bad.

And if Nintendo mix those routes perfectly together, will it be bad as well??? ':s

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I really don;t follow the OP much at all.

How is Nintendos next home console alienating the markets?

HD graphics, better online are the only thing the core market wants.

Price efficient, easy pickup and play entertainment is all that the casual crowd wants.

I can agree with you that the economic situation is going to hurt ALL of the future consoles effectively immediately. Beyond that, I don't get why you're shouting about the sky falling.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

TripleMMM said:
Pavolink said:

If Nintendo goes to Wii route, bad.

If NIntendo goes to GameCube route, bad.

And if Nintendo mix those routes perfectly together, will it be bad as well??? ':s

Didn't you pay attention during the first lesson of Nintend0mology?

Whatever happens, whatever it does, Ninty is always d0med.

Now go behind the blackboard and write 100 times: "I will learn the first rule"!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ail said:

A huge part of the Nintendo audience this gen was the casual new to gaming.

And it's going to be hard to make them buy a new console every 4 years so whatever Nintendo does it's going to be very hard to tap the same audience than they hit this gen...

True, the economy will be the main issue. People arent spending like they did in 2006.This alone will hurt console sales for ALL the companies.

Just a note, it'll actually be 6 years (if this system releases in 2012) since the Wii launch. Which is the longest time between home console launches for Nintendo.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

Raze said:

*Raises hand*

I think he means how the Wii would've expected to perform, you know, before it was a big hit! :p

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Now go behind the blackboard and write 100 times: "I will learn the first rule"!   

I think I didn't, but their were numerous retakes of that lesson that I followed so much that I can explain it like a recorder, wich is why my question earlier was rhetorical. :D

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:

Raze said:

*Raises hand*

I think he means how the Wii would've expected to perform, you know, before it was a big hit! :p

Alby_da_Wolf said:

I think I didn't, but their were numerous retakes of that lesson that I followed so much that I can explain it like a recorder, wich is why my question earlier was rhetorical. :D

Good kid! Apply yourself enough, and at the end of the course, when you'll go to say him goodbye, Prof. Farnsworth will give you a spanking new d0me-meter!  

http://theinfosphere.org/Doom_meter

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

mantlepiecek said:

You can use plus sign in the OP.

To use it in the posts you have to use % 2 B all together without spaces.

See?

OT: Not really interested lol.

Cool!  Let me give it a try!!

Awwwww.......I fail.

Completely agree with SmokedHostage.

Nintendo is making a console not because people want it, but because it's developpers want a new toy to play with, not giving a damn about anything else apparently, and to appease for some reason 3rd parties, which have brainwashed Nintendo into thinking that their mediocre games aren't selling because of them.

Their obsession with 3D ( I mean, the 3DS essentially revovles around this, and only this ), and making artsy games and ruining game series is going to backfire on them completely next generation.

Also, saying that the 3DS is selling OK because it's making Nintendo money is missing the point entirely, like praising a game just because it's playable. The problem will be why it will be selling so much less than the DS, which happens to be bad for them.

Oh yeah, and for those who say we can't know anything right now about their next console, or how successful it can be, just like how the DS's and Wii's success were "unpredictable", you're wrong,  if you look at the wrong things, your conclusions will also be wrong, but if you look at the right things, their success's and Nntendo's future are nearly as clear as day.

milkyjoe said:

The Gamecube as a console was fine. The problem was its games, specifically the Nintendo ones. They didn't get away with having the worst entries ever seen in the vast majority of their franchises.

If they made 'another Gamecube' but got the software right, I'd expect better things to come of it.

the worst entries?

personally out of all the marios right now, or all the zelda, i would want to play sunshine and wind waker

luigi's mansion was awesome.  metroid primes were amazing.  mario kart was fun but do think that is my least favorite. 

i think most will agree with me.  i never understood the critic hate for those games.

when i think of games i would like to see remade on 3ds. it is not n64 or wii, or any other system games taht pop to my mind its games like luigi's mansion, wind waker and others that do.  and i want a mario sunshine remade for wii.