By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Nintendo is going the Gamecube route next gen and dooming itself, thoughts?

Yay! a triumphant for real gaming. 139 52.06%

Yea.. I might skip next generation. 29 10.86%

Don't care, just wish th... 44 16.48%

I'm ready to jump ship, ... 10 3.75%

Console gaming now is dea... 21 7.87%

I feel sorry for the next... 24 8.99%

Total:267

Around the Network

Nintendo know what they're doing. Sony & Microsoft have lost money. They sold their console at a lost. A Playstation4 or Xbox720 will cost a lot with higher development cost. I just maybe looking at this the wrong way. I think Playstation3 & Xbox360 is going to be around for years with Project Cafe/Wii2 as the powerhouse. Girlfight Episode 46 over at IGN, I totally disagree. I will not go as far as calling them girls airheads, but when they say things like Nintendo has a small user base I disagree. I can tell you each console user base by the amount of consoles sold. Project Cafe/Wii2 will get alot of ports of games released from the other consoles. It will be leading platform for newer games and then ported to the others. Again I could be wrong but that's the picture I see. I may need glasses.

A lot of speculation but no facts. So let nintendo do there thing. Wait tell E3 and we will see what they got planned.

oniyide said:

@micheal  im pretty sure xbox had better graphics than GC

I know right? I don't understand why people keep on mixing up the strengths of last gen consoles when they can just look it up on Wikipedia to find out. It goes like this : Xbox>GC>PS2. Should be well known by now. I know it was back in 2005 :/ wth is going on with people these days >.<

denial, hating on consoles they didnt like or hardcore substance abuse, probably a combination of the 3

Around the Network

From what I have seen, the next console is NOT going to be a kiddy lunchbox aimed at children. None of the poll options on this post are correct.

Nintendo's next generation strategy looks more like an advanced Wii PS2; a considerably wider range of appeal than gamecube's aim at children.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.