By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Worried People Aren’t Buying 3DS’ Magic

Acevil said:
Play4Fun said:
Acevil said:
mushroomboy5 said:

Er...even though it failed to meet projections, isn't it still the top selling games machine at the moment?

Only at launch. It is slightly below DS start. However, DS did not have great start. With all that said, it is still doing decently. I honestly feel sorry if NGP does bad, because the amount of threads about this topic combined with the fact if this trend continues. Nintendo fans are going to be angry, and the only thing that they can take it out on is NGP. (assuming it does bad).

Add: Thus the circle of this site continues. Hopefully I will be gone by that time. 

What are you going on about?

Leave, by that time, I will be gone from this site. 

Forever? <='(

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
Acevil said:
Play4Fun said:
Acevil said:
mushroomboy5 said:

Er...even though it failed to meet projections, isn't it still the top selling games machine at the moment?

Only at launch. It is slightly below DS start. However, DS did not have great start. With all that said, it is still doing decently. I honestly feel sorry if NGP does bad, because the amount of threads about this topic combined with the fact if this trend continues. Nintendo fans are going to be angry, and the only thing that they can take it out on is NGP. (assuming it does bad).

Add: Thus the circle of this site continues. Hopefully I will be gone by that time. 

What are you going on about?

Leave, by that time, I will be gone from this site. 

Forever? <='(

Pretty much, already found a nice community, just need to slowly drift away from this site. Hopefully by the holiday season. I will be long gone, in a new community of gamers. (however my activities on both sites has greatly increased.....so leaving my be harder.....if I am doing double my normal posting on both sites.)

Galaki said:
Beuli2 said:

Pokémon

Pretty sure it's the main one keeping the DS sales strong regardless of having to compete against the 3DS.

But they can get Pokémon on the 3DS as well.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Yes Nintendo made alot of mistakes with the launch, yes 3DS is underpreforming, but that doesn't equal doomed what has me conerned is the direction they are going it, they want to push 3D and augmented reality which are really just gimmicks on ps3 3D is kinda like surround sound by on the 3DS its just a gimmicks they should be fousing are making good games but it doesn't seem like they are going to do that, and I would not put my faith in 3rd parties for the 3ds with all the shovelware that is on the wii and ds...

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

did Nintendo ever think it was to early for a new handheld let alone a 3d one?

no they didn't and thats the problem, and maybe they'll hold off on Wii2 although i highly doubt it!

Nintnedo released the 3DS to early and without truley showing or advertising the tech. they just put it out there and expected consumers to just get it?

reminds me of a over powered HD console with Bluray and a bunch of other hightech crapp that many don't understand till this very day.

3DS doomed? i doubt it but another lesson learned from the one manufacture whooo's been through it all once before.

i still plan to get one yet i need to no more ect.

So you're saying that a company didn't think about the market whatsoever before investing a major part of their future in a tech?

That's a pretty huge assumption, and one that I guarantee is 100% wrong. Just because they may have turned out wrong doesn't mean they didn't think about the ramifications.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
mushroomboy5 said:

Only at launch. It is slightly below DS start. However, DS did not have great start. With all that said, it is still doing decently. I honestly feel sorry if NGP does bad, because the amount of threads about this topic if it continues, will be made, and remade if NGP by the angry nintendo fans, good thing I am phasing this site out, so I won't see that mess. 

I don't get it..first this thread was not made to bash the 3DS..I could have done it easily with an opinion thread or something. I just posted what Iwata said to be the problem was with not meeting expectations since it's something that have been discussed heavily here and in the sales threads. I even made sure to make a note this could be a situation of misinterpretation in the OP, since it's Kotaku

The only people as far as I see that are making negative threads are some ninty fans themselves. Not sure why 'angry' ninty fans would 'retaliate'..that's just absurd but I won't be surprised. But Heck I expect those NGP threads anyways, doesn't matter how it does.

It wasn't about the thread, but rather the posts that are going on those threads, and some threads are specficially created to deal with the issue. Don't worry mugen you are cool, but trust me some of the stuff people are saying these days is jumping the gun. (I would say if you exclude one annoying nintendo fan, it is generally sony fans stating it).

thanks man :D appreciate the kind words

I do disagree on the who is  doom and glooming the most tho..you know something is wrong when have to you tell a poster by the name of Nintendogamer that Wii will do better than he thinks :P but yeah not something worth arguing or discussing about I guess.

Let me know where you're going to when the time comes...once NGP drops I might have to go there as well :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
mushroomboy5 said:

Only at launch. It is slightly below DS start. However, DS did not have great start. With all that said, it is still doing decently. I honestly feel sorry if NGP does bad, because the amount of threads about this topic if it continues, will be made, and remade if NGP by the angry nintendo fans, good thing I am phasing this site out, so I won't see that mess. 

I don't get it..first this thread was not made to bash the 3DS..I could have done it easily with an opinion thread or something. I just posted what Iwata said to be the problem was with not meeting expectations since it's something that have been discussed heavily here and in the sales threads. I even made sure to make a note this could be a situation of misinterpretation in the OP, since it's Kotaku

The only people as far as I see that are making negative threads are some ninty fans themselves. Not sure why 'angry' ninty fans would 'retaliate'..that's just absurd but I won't be surprised. But Heck I expect those NGP threads anyways, doesn't matter how it does.

It wasn't about the thread, but rather the posts that are going on those threads, and some threads are specficially created to deal with the issue. Don't worry mugen you are cool, but trust me some of the stuff people are saying these days is jumping the gun. (I would say if you exclude one annoying nintendo fan, it is generally sony fans stating it).

I do disagree on the who is  doom and glooming the most tho..you know something is wrong when have to you tell a poster by the name of Nintendogamer that Wii will do better than he thinks :P but yeah not something worth arguing or discussing about I guess.

Let me know where you're going to when the time comes...once NGP drops I might have to go there as well :P

Already found a nice site, but it might be a little dull in terms of arguments, as it is more of a site where gamer talk about games. 

bazmeistergen said:
axt113 said:
bazmeistergen said:
axt113 said:

I think its time for Iwata and Miyamoto to step down and quietly retire (and take Sakmoto and a few others with them), they are no longer helping Nintendo, instead their direction is a danger to Nintendo's future and its shareholders, they clearly don't understand the consumer or the market.

They clearly know some consumers (as they are all different, it is impossible to know them all) and have sold the system to them. All products are explained through advertising and it is how these are shown that makes the difference. The 3DS needs to hit a critical mass and doing so in April was always going to be a challenge. Nintendo have a lot of cards left to play.

Wii and DS were very easy for consumers to get, it required very little to get people interested, the 3DS shouldnt; need Nintendo trying to push consumers to use it and appreciate it.

You say they have cards to play, nothng they have shown indicates that they even understand the problem the market has withthe 3DS.

Easy to be critical, more tricky to do something about it. Tell me what Nintendo should have done to replace the DS?

I think the hardware is better, it does everything the DS does (and better) plus a load more. It's also doing much better than the DS did in its first month, by a large margin.

created an inexpensive handlheld with extremely high battery life, and launched with a bunch of old school games like 3D mario

MrT-Tar said:
axt113 said:

I think its time for Iwata and Miyamoto to step down and quietly retire (and take Sakmoto and a few others with them), they are no longer helping Nintendo, instead their direction is a danger to Nintendo's future and its shareholders, they clearly don't understand the consumer or the market.

Considering that Miyamoto is behind pretty much all of Nintendo's multi million successes on the Wii and DS, please tell me you're not serious....   Without Wii Sports, I fear for what would have happened to the Wii.

He's also the guy who keeps trying to make 3D Mario instead of 2D Mario and probably the guy who wanted 3DS to be so focused on 3D that its a power hog

So yes I am serious, its time for them to leave and let others who understand the consumer better take over

M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
mushroomboy5 said:

I'm scared now. I came to this site to get away from fanboy rants on another site.
If this site turns to a fanboy war when NGP comes I might as well leave too. I don't need anymore of that crap.