By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Worried People Aren’t Buying 3DS’ Magic

I agree that games are necessary for the 3DS to sell and a broad range is essential. It's also important to have new ways to draw people in.  Online/IR 2D Mario Multiplayer might be the thing... I don't totally disagree with some of Malstrom's comments, in fact I enjoy reading him. He does make good, educated guesses, but he is also a bit cocksure.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
mushroomboy5 said:

Er...even though it failed to meet projections, isn't it still the top selling games machine at the moment?

Only at launch. It is slightly below DS start. However, DS did not have great start. With all that said, it is still doing decently. I honestly feel sorry if NGP does bad, because the amount of threads about this topic if it continues, will be made, and remade if NGP by the angry nintendo fans, good thing I am phasing this site out, so I won't see that mess. 

I don't get it..first this thread was not made to bash the 3DS..I could have done it easily with an opinion thread or something. I just posted what Iwata said to be the problem was with not meeting expectations since it's something that have been discussed heavily here and in the sales threads. I even made sure to make a note this could be a situation of misinterpretation in the OP, since it's Kotaku

The only people as far as I see that are making negative threads are some ninty fans themselves. Not sure why 'angry' ninty fans would 'retaliate'..that's just absurd but I won't be surprised. But Heck I expect those NGP threads anyways, doesn't matter how it does.

It wasn't about the thread, but rather the posts that are going on those threads, and some threads are specficially created to deal with the issue. Don't worry mugen you are cool, but trust me some of the stuff people are saying these days is jumping the gun. (I would say if you exclude one annoying nintendo fan, it is generally sony fans stating it).

thanks man :D appreciate the kind words

I do disagree on the who is  doom and glooming the most tho..you know something is wrong when have to you tell a poster by the name of Nintendogamer that Wii will do better than he thinks :P but yeah not something worth arguing or discussing about I guess.

Let me know where you're going to when the time comes...once NGP drops I might have to go there as well :P

Already found a nice site, but it might be a little dull in terms of arguments, as it is more of a site where gamer talk about games. 

I might want to join you, all of these nintendo bashing threads have really gotten on my nerves and it would be nice going to a site just to talk about games and not obsess over nintendo.

There are two reasons why the 3ds didnt sell a billion units at launch. Its not the price( well not completly), the battery life not even a misunderstanding of the system:

The first( and most obvious) is lack of a killer app.

Secondly and the biggest reason that people seem to overlook is the release of a mega killer app ,pokemon B/W, on its predessor at around the same time at the launch of the new hardware.

Now  with just one of these problems is bad enough. But when u consider them together it is suprising that the 3ds sold that much. Its like if they had released Zelda TP on the gamecube only, then launch the wii with just Wii sports.            Whats exactly  happening right now is that current ds owners are  playing pokemon on their current system until the 3ds has it's killer app . Then they will switch over.

The causal marktet is already adopting the system. Nintendogs cats has already sold 1m units. But this audience grows slowly over time.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

There wouldn't be as many Nintendo is doomed threads if they hadn't screwed over their own customers this badly.

Phoeniks.Wright said:

There wouldn't be as many Nintendo is doomed threads if they hadn't screwed over their own customers this badly.

I don't see these being "doomed" as much as "they aren't doing this right".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

imagine Wii had launced without Wii Sports.

bazmeistergen said:
axt113 said:
MrT-Tar said:
axt113 said:

I think its time for Iwata and Miyamoto to step down and quietly retire (and take Sakmoto and a few others with them), they are no longer helping Nintendo, instead their direction is a danger to Nintendo's future and its shareholders, they clearly don't understand the consumer or the market.

Considering that Miyamoto is behind pretty much all of Nintendo's multi million successes on the Wii and DS, please tell me you're not serious....   Without Wii Sports, I fear for what would have happened to the Wii.

He's also the guy who keeps trying to make 3D Mario instead of 2D Mario and probably the guy who wanted 3DS to be so focused on 3D that its a power hog

So yes I am serious, its time for them to leave and let others who understand the consumer better take over

Except you have no idea what Miyamoto 'wants' to make.

The DS didn't sell simply because of 2D Mario, no, it sold because of Brain Training and Nintendogs AND 2D Mario - plus a lot of other games and genres. The 3DS is trying to be something different and needs to be experienced by people for them to understand the AR and other excellent qualities. It also needs games. Would another 2D Mario help the 3DS? Somewhat, but I'm sceptical whether it would make the impact that you and Malstrom believe it would.

Oh I'm not saying its the only game they need, but they need games that go in that direction

Its why Nintendogs and cats has failed to ignite 3DS sales

LordTheNightKnight said:
Phoeniks.Wright said:

I don't see these being "doomed" as much as "they aren't doing this right".

exactly, I love Nintendo, but they are going off in a completely wrong direction

LordTheNightKnight said:
mushroomboy5 said:

Er...even though it failed to meet projections, isn't it still the top selling games machine at the moment?

You can look at the chart pages and see yourself.

er yes I already did ...as far as I can see, aside from this week (which we only have europe/others charts for so far and which where admittedly down but still don't speak for the entire planet) it has been the top selling machine since it has  been available in all regions, according to the chartz. Obviously it's not going to be the top selling machine in the weeks it was only available in japan, so I didn't count those

So???

^Sales are falling off pretty hard for a new "top selling machine" which is not out of stock