By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I on my way to convert me into a into a PC lover?

Yeah I am with you. I just built a new pc as well,

3.2ghz x3 Rana (yea I was trying to get that 4th core, but was also my budget piece) 6950hd radeon (got $75 off, was nice)

So far got sc2 with plans on getting witcher and whatever else catches my eye.

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:

Fine. I will leave it at that.

I was just saying this based on my experiences in GameSpot's System Wars forums.

That place is a hell-hole with console VS console and PC vs console war threads everyday.

What can I say? Video game forums are full of stupidity and butthurt. It's best not to take anything too seriously.

Kudistos Megistos said:
pariz said:

In August 2010 I built a middle range gaming PC (basically a AMD ATHLON 4x 2.9Ghz with a ATI 5750 1Gb ddr5).

What the %#?! were you thinking? I hate to think of what CPU you had before, if an Athlon counted as an upgrade.

I've always considered myself a JRPG fan, concept that got stronger as Tales of Symphonia (1 and 2), Tales of the Abyss and Persona 4 have been some of my most cherished experiences these last years and, as a "pro console - pro Japan" kind of gamer, I might have looked down on western RPGs and PC games in general, I've got to admit that.

If you liked Persona and want to game on the PC, you should look into playing visual novels like Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime. There's a lot more to PC gaming than shootan space marines and stabban orcs.

I am still pretty interested in quite a few games released this year for Wii and PS3 (Last Story, Xenogears, L.A. Noire, new Final Fantasy game if released, Uncharted 3) and I am really thrilled about Project Cafe rumors, but neither of those things keep me from feeling I might be slowly turning into one of those PC fanboys, specially as I just scratched the surface of all the great games out there.

The PC has more games than all the other platforms put together, so you have indeed only scratched the surface. You'd also be surprised by how many console games get PC ports that aren't really talked about.

You should definitely think about making the PC your primary gaming platform. No more fanboy wars, no more buying both consoles because of the exclusives and no more control freak corporations telling you what you can and can't do with the things you pay for (besides uploading them to TPB; don't do that, because piracy's bad m'kay?)

And contrary to what a lot of uninformed people believe, PC gaming is much cheaper than buying consoles.

The last part about fights is false. I always have to listen about how AMD/ATI are somehow better than Intel or nVidia.

Also you forgot to mention that when the online for a game goes down, you are fine to play any other game, unlike what is happening to PSN right now, and what can happen to LIVE.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Soleron said:

Starcraft II. If you like it, it will be the only game you'll play and also you'll find yourself paying to watch SC2 tournaments online.

so true...

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

the question is , how can you call yourself a gamer and NOT love the PC?

Around the Network

douple post.

PullusPardus said:

Don't bring that 'true gamer' BS here! >=(

Play4Fun said:
PullusPardus said:

not true gamer, just a gamer, if you don't like the PC then why are you a gamer?

PullusPardus said:
Play4Fun said:
PullusPardus said:

not true gamer, just a gamer, if you don't like the PC then why are you a gamer?

Some people just like consoles only. (By some I dont mean me, I don't dislike PC)

A Bad Clown said:
NiKKoM said:

Good luck to you! and to the other 3 PC Lovers  on this site!

Shio,Vlad, SSJ, and...Snesboy? That's 4!

I was mentioned in a post :DDDD