By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I on my way to convert me into a into a PC lover?

The PC is best for certain games.  RTS, FPS, Simulation, Space/Flight Sims and WRPGs.  If you like games in these genres, then you'll love the PC.

Personally, I love games on all mediums.  You don't have to ignore consoles just because you have a PC, despite the views of some PC fans.  I play Diablo, Age of Empires and Sim City all the time.  But I still own a Wii, PS3 and DS.  Because other genres are best on those consoles (JRPGs, Action games, Sports titles, etc).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
pariz said:

In August 2010 I built a middle range gaming PC (basically a AMD ATHLON 4x 2.9Ghz with a ATI 5750 1Gb ddr5).

What the %#?! were you thinking? I hate to think of what CPU you had before, if an Athlon counted as an upgrade.

I've always considered myself a JRPG fan, concept that got stronger as Tales of Symphonia (1 and 2), Tales of the Abyss and Persona 4 have been some of my most cherished experiences these last years and, as a "pro console - pro Japan" kind of gamer, I might have looked down on western RPGs and PC games in general, I've got to admit that.

If you liked Persona and want to game on the PC, you should look into playing visual novels like Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime. There's a lot more to PC gaming than shootan space marines and stabban orcs.

I am still pretty interested in quite a few games released this year for Wii and PS3 (Last Story, Xenogears, L.A. Noire, new Final Fantasy game if released, Uncharted 3) and I am really thrilled about Project Cafe rumors, but neither of those things keep me from feeling I might be slowly turning into one of those PC fanboys, specially as I just scratched the surface of all the great games out there.

The PC has more games than all the other platforms put together, so you have indeed only scratched the surface. You'd also be surprised by how many console games get PC ports that aren't really talked about.

You should definitely think about making the PC your primary gaming platform. No more fanboy wars, no more buying both consoles because of the exclusives and no more control freak corporations telling you what you can and can't do with the things you pay for (besides uploading them to TPB; don't do that, because piracy's bad m'kay?)

And contrary to what a lot of uninformed people believe, PC gaming is much cheaper than buying consoles.

Don't become one of those idiotic PC elitist fanboys.

Recognise that both PC and consoles have something to offer (if you can afford/have time for more than one platform).

Play4Fun said:

Recognise that both PC and consoles have something to offer (if you can afford/have time for more than one platform).

Fufu, it sounds like someone's PC can't play Crysis :3

Anyway, given the astonishingly misinformed nonsense that comes out during PC vs console debates, it's understandable that PC gamers might have a bit of an ego.

Kudistos Megistos said:
Play4Fun said:

Fufu, it sounds like someone's PC can't play Crysis :3

Anyway, given the astonishingly misinformed nonsense that comes out during PC vs console debates, it's understandable that PC gamers might have a bit of an ego.

BS comes from both sides, not just the console gamers.

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:

Yes, but there are different levels of BS. As a rule, PC gamers tend to be fairly well-informed about console hardware and prices, and it's rare for them to be unable to figure out how to play a game on a console.

There are two things you have to bear in mind. The first is that nearly all PC gamers have gamed on consoles too, and know a little about what they're talking abou, but not the other way around. The second is that consoles are designed to be easy to use, whereas the (relative) difficulty of pursuing a PC gaming hobby acts as a retard filter. Not all of the retards are kept out; the ones with a lot of money will always be able to buy an alienware and pay someone to install their games. But the retard filter at least keeps the <70 IQ people from playing PC games. It also keeps a lot of young children out as well. This doesn't mean that smart people are all PC gamers, but it does mean that the very stupidest (and youngest) will usually be stuck with consoles.

Actually, there's something else to bear in mind: PC gamers are much more likely to troll. Don't take anything too seriously.

Kudistos Megistos said:
Play4Fun said:

Yes, but there are different levels of BS. As a rule, PC gamers tend to be fairly well-informed about console hardware and prices, and it's rare for them to be unable to figure out how to play a game on a console.

There are two things you have to bear in mind. The first is that nearly all PC gamers have gamed on consoles too, and know a little about what they're talking abou, but not the other way around. The second is that consoles are designed to be easy to use, whereas the (relative) difficulty of pursuing a PC gaming hobby acts as a retard filter. Not all of the retards are kept out; the ones with a lot of money will always be able to buy an alienware and pay someone to install their games. But the retard filter at least keeps the <70 IQ people from playing PC games. It also keeps a lot of young children out as well. This doesn't mean that smart people are all PC gamers, but it does mean that the very stupidest (and youngest) will usually be stuck with consoles.

Actually, there's something else to bear in mind: PC gamers are much more likely to troll. Don't take anything too seriously.

BS is BS! >=(

Play4Fun said:

BS is BS! >=(

No, there are definitely different levels of BS

Kudistos Megistos said:
Play4Fun said:

BS is BS! >=(

No, there are definitely different levels of BS

Fine. I will leave it at that.

I was just saying this based on my experiences in GameSpot's System Wars forums.

That place is a hell-hole with console VS console and PC vs console war threads everyday.

Well I hope you enjoy your stay in PC land

this is a very useful site for all PC gamers http://www.rockpapershotgun.com

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!