By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I on my way to convert me into a into a PC lover?

In August 2010 I built a middle range gaming PC (basically a AMD ATHLON 4x 2.9Ghz with a ATI 5750 1Gb ddr5). I spend that money on it cause I needed to upgrade my computer and I wanted to play Mass Effect 1 and 2, games which were exclusives to x360 and pc at the time, and I wanted to be able to complement the diversity of games I already had with my Wii (2008) and PS3 (2009).

I've always considered myself a JRPG fan, concept that got stronger as Tales of Symphonia (1 and 2), Tales of the Abyss and Persona 4 have been some of my most cherished experiences these last years and, as a "pro console - pro Japan" kind of gamer, I might have looked down on western RPGs and PC games in general, I've got to admit that.

This year has found me spending most of my gaming time with my PC. Since the day I purchased my PC I got quite a few games for my PC, being Bioware games the ones I enjoyed the most. From what I've seen on videos, the gameplay experience would have been quite shallower on a console and therefore I'm glad I got to play them as I did.

Now I've got ahead of me The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (6 hours in), Elders Scroll IV: Oblivion GOTY (8 hours in),  and Portal (just stared it) and I can't decide which of them I should play first. I do have FallOut 3 GOTY (used to have it on PS3, but I sold it to get it on PC) too. The Witcher 2 and Skyrim are already day one purchases for me, just as Mass Effect 3 and I'm looking foward for Deus Ex game too.

I am still pretty interested in quite a few games released this year for Wii and PS3 (Last Story, Xenogears, L.A. Noire, new Final Fantasy game if released, Uncharted 3) and I am really thrilled about Project Cafe rumors, but neither of those things keep me from feeling I might be slowly turning into one of those PC fanboys, specially as I just scratched the surface of all the great games out there.

Around the Network

screw skyrim and all those pc games you have. get wc3 forzen throne. and play dota. and after that youl becme a pc fanboy.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Good luck to you! and to the other 3 PC Lovers  on this site!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

You need team fortress in your life. You need it.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Welcome aboard the PC-gaming train. It's going to be an awesome trip for you, full of enjoyment, mods, and frags. It's great to have you on board.

Also, be sure to check the Fallout 3 mods, like the high-res texture packs.

Around the Network

If you enjoy BioWare games, you should definitely try Baldur's Gate II. In general, there's tons of older PC games you should try if you ever have the time. (Of course it's not all old games but IMO the best games, PC or not, aren't exactly new.)

Also, I guess you already know about mods but Oblivion and supposedly Fallout 3 too benefit greatly from mods. Try TESNexus for Oblivion. There's also links to Fallout and Dragon Age mods there. Of course other games benefit from mods, too, but Oblivion is possibly the most obvious example.

Starcraft II. If you like it, it will be the only game you'll play and also you'll find yourself paying to watch SC2 tournaments online.

gog.com

That's really all you need. I don't know why I ever bothered with any other PC games, really.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

NiKKoM said:

Shio,Vlad, SSJ, and...Snesboy? That's 4!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
NiKKoM said:

Shio,Vlad, SSJ, and...Snesboy? That's 4!

Me too.  I just don't talk about it...or have a crazy amount of posts   =P

Right now I could recommend a lot of games but I'll just keep it to the one that I'm hooked on right now.

Borderlands.  I got this game off of steam when the GOTY edition went on sale for around 7 dollars!  It plays a lot like a Diablo clone (there are many out there, Titan Quest being one of my favorites), but it's a first person shooter.

And if any PC gamers here have steam and want to add me, my name is, diablerie13