By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--New Super Mario Bros Wii!!

10/10 this game is perfect !

Around the Network

Cons:

- Crap/non existant story as usual
- unskippable cutscene (which happens a lot for Nintendo games)
- 4 players co-op is fun, but only a short time since it's almost impossible to finish a level after the 2nd world (or maybe already after the first)
- same for 3 players
- too easy in singleplayer, especially the boss fights (except the Bowser one)
- pretty short (although that might have something to do that it's too easy instead of not having enough levels)
- no online
- toad sucks, two of them suck even harder
- boring, annoying and often useless mini levels (the ones where you can get 3 mushrooms... or die)

Pros:

- singleplayer is good (but still nowhere near the old Marios)
- 2 player co-op however is great. Lots of fun
- pretty/classic art style
- quite nice use of the wiimote

It's a 10 imo

I played the whole game with a friend in two player co-op mode, and it was simply one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

great gameplay, both in single player and in multiplayer. good level design, better than NSMB, but nowhere near as good as SMW or SMB3. no multyplayer online. they used the same character twice for multiplayer. graphics are weak.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Around the Network

I really got bored fast with this one, only a 7.6. I would rather play suber mario bro 3 on the SN

8.0 would have been higher if it felt like the levels were designed better for co-op but they're not, still a lot of fun though I mean it is Mario

Well, the gameplay, like in pretty much every mainline 2D Mario game, is above reproach. If you die, it's your own damn fault. (Or your friend's fault, but the point is that the game can't be blamed.) Co-op is fun, regardless of the amount of players. Nothing to complain about on the level design side, and the Penguin and Propeller suits are cool.

Speaking of power-ups, however, I'm still waiting for a 2D Mario, that actually has more power-ups than *Mario 3, Nintendo. Just thought I'd let you know.

(*A game made in the FREAKING '80s)

The worlds also feel stale, despite the stellar level design. Ooh, a desert level! An ice level! A lava level! Look out, kids! It's Nintendo and their tidal wave of ingenuity!

And the music is pretty weak. Let's compare the music of NSMBW to that of Super Mario Galaxy, shall we?

It's not hard to tell which one Nintendo would rather see succeed...

All in all, it has more than it's fair share of problems, but I'm still enough of a prostitute for 2D side-scrollers to give New Super Mario Bros. Wii an...

Pros:

Brilliant difficulty

Fantastic art style

Best local multiplayer of the generation?

Amazing sound track

A lot of replay value

Cons:

- Two toads? :S

Overall, a solid 9.7 out of 10.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I'm surprised so many of you want online multiplayer.

It works for competitive games like Mario Kart or Smash Bros, but NSMBW requires teamwork. It's hard enough to get people to co-operate and not constantly throw you off a cliff (or to resist the urge of doing so yourself) when those people are sitting right next to you. How do you think it could possibly work without any form of communication? (I'm pretty sure absolutely bloody no one owns a Wii Speak.)

Besides, the Wii's online infrastructure isn't exactly renowned for its high quality.

Aaaaand I completely managed to forget about the existences of "Coin Battle" and "Free for All" modes until after writing this post. But damn it, I don't feel like erasing it.