By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--New Super Mario Bros Wii!!

I love NSMB Wii, best platformer this gen that isn't Donkey Kong Country Returns, the only problem I had was I wanted a few more levels and a little more difficulty it became hard especially once you reach World 9, but DKCR has everything I wanted from a 2D platformer.

9.5/10

Also I'm still confused on the whole thing about "lack of online" they had local co-op as an obvious fun with friends mode, which is why you can pick each other up and throw them in a pit, modes like that are meant for local, you don't want to rage at someone online for bouncing off your head. The level design was also for 1 player, though if you bought all the videos you could see some very skilled and syncronized players could make short work of the levels.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

9.5/10

Multiplayer is really fun

2D platafformer

Easy to play

-Two Toads as playable characters (Blue>Yellow)

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

2 real gripes.  Buttery controls if that makes sense and a lack of a giant world.

Outside of that, flawless.

Pixel Art can be fun.

9.0/10

Great game! Best Mario game since 64. It's just all around fun and I had a blast playing with friends :D 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network

Truly great game and one of my favourite Mario titles (just behind the two galaxies).

Multiplayer was great, ingenious level design, nice challenge and some truly brilliant moments with me and my friends. But it would've been nice to have leaderboards and more power-ups.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

9.0/10.0

Good, but not like SMB3. At least they use some concepts like the worlds.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

10/10

No problems personally. Nothing I can say was really wrong with the game.

You can say that 4 player co op didn't work, but geuss what? It's an OPTION, you don't have to go 4-players, you can go 2-players, or even 1-player. How can you people downgrade the game for giving you options?

Would you have downgraded any more if it offered 6-player co op?

I only played the game for a few levels so i am not going to rate it. But it really surprises me how some people can rate the game so high without it having online. Honestly, its something that should be in the game that should bug you guys. I agree that it might be a great game but giving it a 10 is just ridiculous. It has no online, therefore it is not perfect and could have been something way better. The game is begging for it too.

Ninpanda said:

I'm surprised so many of you want online multiplayer.

It works for competitive games like Mario Kart or Smash Bros, but NSMBW requires teamwork. It's hard enough to get people to co-operate and not constantly throw you off a cliff (or to resist the urge of doing so yourself) when those people are sitting right next to you. How do you think it could possibly work without any form of communication? (I'm pretty sure absolutely bloody no one owns a Wii Speak.)

Besides, the Wii's online infrastructure isn't exactly renowned for its high quality.

Aaaaand I completely managed to forget about the existences of "Coin Battle" and "Free for All" modes until after writing this post. But damn it, I don't feel like erasing it.

You act like all online don't require teamwork....BUT they do. Tons of them do and it could work perfectly for mario.