3DS is the best nintendo handheld period 55 12.01%

NGP and 3DS have problems in the near term 37 8.08%

We all live in a yellow .. sub.. ma.. .. 94 20.52%

Total:456
leo-j said:
Acevil said:
ninty_shareholder64 said:

You compare apples to oranges imo.

3DS is doomed because PS3 also has 3D??? NGP is praised as portable PS3 without 3D and should be the winner just cause of power? And then mobile phones with 3D will replace handhelds, but 3D on small display is shit?

Doesn't make sense imo,

everything you wrote is inconsequent!

Sorry leo-j, bad analysis.

Seriously, were you expecting good analysis from Leo-J? 

I could tell both of you didn't read the post, I really didn't want to respond to such a childish response, but I want to point out that not only did the poster you quoted nit pick what I said, and decide to throw in a couple of lines I didn't even mention "NGP should be the winner just cause of power", but he decided to throw it in a completely direction than what I was clearly going towards.

instead of coming into this thread and assuming you know who I am, and how much of an analyst I am, you should read the post and not make yourself look like someone trying to hurt someone else for the sake of a laugh, or attention.

Besides one statement, how was he incorrect? You assume that ps3 has 3d will hinder the success of the 3DS, namely with 3D glassless tv, not even factoring in the cost of such devices. You also compared 3DS games to ps3 games, showcasing that you really are comparing apple and oranges. 

Sorry but I do know how much of an analysis you are, you have made many threads in the course of your post history, showcasing your analysis of the video game industry. Infact when you get proven to be incorrect, you never respond to the errors that you made. I can understand how you hurt by this, but your history on this site is enough for me to make such statements. 

Add: Can you stop using ALTERNATE REALITY. If you are going to talk about analysis, at least use the right words. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
leo-j said:
Acevil said:
ninty_shareholder64 said:

You compare apples to oranges imo.

3DS is doomed because PS3 also has 3D??? NGP is praised as portable PS3 without 3D and should be the winner just cause of power? And then mobile phones with 3D will replace handhelds, but 3D on small display is shit?

Doesn't make sense imo,

everything you wrote is inconsequent!

Sorry leo-j, bad analysis.

Seriously, were you expecting good analysis from Leo-J? 

I could tell both of you didn't read the post, I really didn't want to respond to such a childish response, but I want to point out that not only did the poster you quoted nit pick what I said, and decide to throw in a couple of lines I didn't even mention "NGP should be the winner just cause of power", but he decided to throw it in a completely direction than what I was clearly going towards.

instead of coming into this thread and assuming you know who I am, and how much of an analyst I am, you should read the post and not make yourself look like someone trying to hurt someone else for the sake of a laugh, or attention.

Besides one statement, how was he incorrect? You assume that ps3 has 3d will hinder the success of the 3DS, namely with 3D glassless tv, not even factoring in the cost of such devices. You also compared 3DS games to ps3 games, showcasing that you really are comparing apple and oranges. 

Sorry but I do know how much of an analysis you are, you have made many threads in the course of your post history, showcasing your analysis of the video game industry. Infact when you get proven to be incorrect, you never respond to the errors that you made. I can understand how you hurt by this, but your history on this site is enough for me to make such statements. 

Add: Can you stop using ALTERNATE REALITY. If you are going to talk about analysis, at least use the right words. 

Yes this, it bugs the shit out of me when people try to build credibility and they don't even use the right words, but I honestly don't think his goal is to build credibility here, as it often isn't his purpose for these threads... 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Yeah the 3DS has only been out for a few weeks and people are already stating it has problems. I think it does, expecially since it is still a few weeks old. It doesn't got an internet browser yet, and I still can't watch those darn 3DS game trailers on it yet :( And that's a reason I got the 3DS early just so I can watch some trailers of the awesome upcoming 3DS games. Shame on you nintendo, why don't you give us the Nintendo channel yet >.<

RolStoppable said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Acevil said:

Yes this, it bugs the shit out of me when people try to build credibility and they don't even use the right words, but I honestly don't think his goal is to build credibility here, as it often isn't his purpose for these threads... 

You people need to give him an honest chance, otherwise you are no better than third parties in regards to Nintendo.

Well I can't speak for Ace but I've been here since 2007, he's had a while to prove himself, and that's more effort than any third party gave Nintendo.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Been said by many already......the software will be the determinant. @Albion, where can I get a full size image of your sig and any other similar pics?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

When I've talked to friends about the 3DS ,the feature they usually shown most interest in isn't actually the 3D. Most people are really intrigued when I tell them about street pass and how you can collect other people's mii's just by walking past other people with their 3ds' on stand-by.  The 3DS definitely does more than just 3D and it's all those other features that will carry the 3DS foward:

• Gyros and accelorometers
  • 3d and inner cameras
  • 3d classics and 3dsware
  • multitasking
  • street pass
  • more powerful hardware
  • analougue stick
  • Upgraded online system

So many different ways for developers to create fantastic new content. Success will depend on how game utilise these features and the overall quality of titles.

Well I thought that your oppening plea was pretty well laid out.

Now yes games sell consoles, but you're talking about inovation more than anything and here is my answers to that.

1) 3D: you say the 3D on small screen is underwelming... I don't know if you have a 3DS, but as someone who has alternated 3Dvision(PC), 3D movies and now 3DS, I can tell you that you are wrong. 3D in theaters is not at a high setting. There is a reason for that, high settings strain your eyes if you are not used to it. The 3DS has the capacity to go beyond what movie theaters offer. The small screen is of no importance as you focus on what you play. If it was a big issue, handhelds would not be selling like hotcakes compared to consoles.

Sure you point to 3D TVs is valid, but the average customer does not buy high end electronics, they buy the mass market device that the 3DS is instead. (And PS3 is a home console, not a handheld, so they don't really compete in audience).

So in short, the 3DS is currently a 3D offering that is highly viable and above any other option for the mass market.

2) lack of inovation: While AR is much more powerfull on the 3DS than on smartphones (PSEYE really doesn't count as the camera is fixed), it is indeed not something that will stay above competition for a long time. What is above the competition is the DS design. Indeed, Nintendo struck hard with the DS and no one has really caught up to it. On smartphones the touchscreen is not as precises (fingers/stylus) and you block part of the play area using it. Moreover the 2 screen design lets progamers offer an enhanced experience which is part of the DS sucess.. The 3DS lacks in inovation as there is no reason to, the DS design is still ahead of the cometition and a power boost is all that it really needed (NPG is just that over the PSP, the other additions to it are mostly gimicks too, as the 3D, except the 3D is currently unique on contender for gaming device).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

touch-screen had a huge part in the initial success of the DS. 3D was "in" 1 year ago, but its novelty has weared-off pretty fast (movies used to have an amazing box-office boost just because of 3D. Not anymore). I think Nintendo needed to recreate the console has a whole, and not just by putting 3D and making it look like a fat DS. So, yes, minor issues here. 

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Aside from games (fixed in a few months) I see no problem. The 3D works well and I love mine!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

PS2 hasn't introduced anything new in terms of hardware, this hasn't stopped it to be the most successfull home console of all time. As for 3D TV without glasses, those are too far, Tohsiba will be the fist company to introduce them to consumer market, the first model will come out in 2012 and will cost about 10000$, as Toshiba itself said. By the time those TVs will get really competitive 3DS will already have an enstablished user base (if Nintendo plays its cards right of course). The only threat for both NGP and 3DS are smatphones imo. However the 3DS hardware looks right to me, now it needs good content.