3DS is the most innovative product out 36 7.86%

3DS is the best nintendo handheld period 55 12.01%

NGP and 3DS have problems in the near term 37 8.08%

We all live in a yellow .. sub.. ma.. .. 94 20.52%

Total:456
JGarret said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
JGarret said:

Sorry to derail the thread, but I´d like to know your opinions....is Ridge Racer 3D worth it?...I only have Pilotwings and was thinking about a 2nd game.

For certain, one of the best 3DS launch titles, it looks great, and its fun to play.  Just lacking in a few areas like online play since I can't seem to find players locally.  Street Fighter IV is where all the buzz is if you want local and online play though.

Let me ask, if I have 2 friends with 3DSs and we all have a copy of Ridge Racer, can we three play at the same time against each other?..or does the game only allow 2 people at a time?

It's up to 4 players at a time so yes 3 people works as well

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Thanks, Maxwell, I guess RR 3D will be the 2nd 3DS game I´m getting.

Teo said:
Albion said:

Ok seriously make a better point than "Sony copies blah blah"

Sony is a huge company that publishes films, makes TVs and other home appliances. Nintendo only has the gaming market. So no, Sony has nothing to fear if the handheld market loses to smartphones. Companies like Sony do not rely on one market and thus their flexability is their strengh. Just like MS, if the 360 was a total disaster, this wouldn't affect MS at all.

1-Apple Makes new never done befor products And makes  ton's of money.

2-Nintendo although looking down and out after GC creats new never done products like Wii and DS and make a ton of money

3-Sony and MS bring the already existing PC experience to the consule and  later strap on motion controls  and have a ok generation. (thats not how you win a generation)

So Nintendo Looks like its ready to take on Iphone far more then sony and MS are ATM from this angle. (there are many angles yes its never this simple i agree)

So inovative company's are wining markets far faster then those that dont. Market leaders dont just copy other brand names. Thats our trend.

Sony can change that direction and become market leaders, yes. They haven't shown me anything to think they have or will be anytime soon. but it can do it.

To be Honest I think MS may have more chance to be  market leader next gen, over Nintendo, and Sony. They are showing signs they understand what the hell is going on far more then Sony is in my opinion.

But nothing is absolutly 100%.

Hey if you see trends of sony saying or doing things innovative to try to set itself above the current market in a way that pushes there brand forward in a big way. Feel free to share.. 

Right now Future Proofing hasent helped them all that much. 

Thats just a few reason why i dont agree with what you said in the first place =)

sorry, wrong thread...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Albion said:
Teo said:
Albion said:

Ok seriously make a better point than "Sony copies blah blah"

Sony is a huge company that publishes films, makes TVs and other home appliances. Nintendo only has the gaming market. So no, Sony has nothing to fear if the handheld market loses to smartphones. Companies like Sony do not rely on one market and thus their flexability is their strengh. Just like MS, if the 360 was a total disaster, this wouldn't affect MS at all.

1-Apple Makes new never done befor products And makes  ton's of money.

2-Nintendo although looking down and out after GC creats new never done products like Wii and DS and make a ton of money

3-Sony and MS bring the already existing PC experience to the consule and  later strap on motion controls  and have a ok generation. (thats not how you win a generation)

So Nintendo Looks like its ready to take on Iphone far more then sony and MS are ATM from this angle. (there are many angles yes its never this simple i agree)

So inovative company's are wining markets far faster then those that dont. Market leaders dont just copy other brand names. Thats our trend.

Sony can change that direction and become market leaders, yes. They haven't shown me anything to think they have or will be anytime soon. but it can do it.

To be Honest I think MS may have more chance to be  market leader next gen, over Nintendo, and Sony. They are showing signs they understand what the hell is going on far more then Sony is in my opinion.

But nothing is absolutly 100%.

Hey if you see trends of sony saying or doing things innovative to try to set itself above the current market in a way that pushes there brand forward in a big way. Feel free to share.. 

Right now Future Proofing hasent helped them all that much. 

Thats just a few reason why i dont agree with what you said in the first place =)

You are off the point, we are talking about smartphones and handhelds, but its obvious you have nothing factual to say since you are boasting about Nintendo's past and your own guesses.

The fact is, Sony and MS don't need to be in the handheld market as much as Nintendo does. The worst thing that can happen to Nintendo financially is losing the handheld market.

Around the Network
Teo said:
Albion said:
Teo said:
Albion said:

You are off the point, we are talking about smartphones and handhelds, but its obvious you have nothing factual to say since you are boasting about Nintendo's past and your own guesses.

The fact is, Sony and MS don't need to be in the handheld market as much as Nintendo does. The worst thing that can happen to Nintendo financially is losing the handheld market.

ok o.0?     lol

The simple fact is that the 3DS just has so much working against it compared to the DS when it launched, it won't share the same level of succes i'm sure.

But i don't understand people saying that 3DS being underpowered is not an issue, the only real innovation it has is the 3D, wich is a VISUAL innovation. The original DS didn't have to be very powerfull because of the dual touch screen at the time, just like the Wii didn't have to be the most advanced piece of kit because it has motion control. The 3DS doesn't have any of that, hell even the NGP will be more innovative when it comes to control/gameplay with the touchpad on the back. Not that the NGP will be a massive succes either, because by the time that picks up steam we will probably have smartphones with quad-core cpu's AND a 3D screen.

AnthonyW86 said:

The simple fact is that the 3DS just has so much working against it compared to the DS when it launched, it won't share the same level of succes i'm sure.

But i don't understand people saying that 3DS being underpowered is not an issue, the only real innovation it has is the 3D, wich is a VISUAL innovation. The original DS didn't have to be very powerfull because of the dual touch screen at the time, just like the Wii didn't have to be the most advanced piece of kit because it has motion control. The 3DS doesn't have any of that, hell even the NGP will be more innovative when it comes to control/gameplay with the touchpad on the back. Not that the NGP will be a massive succes either, because by the time that picks up steam we will probably have smartphones with quad-core cpu's AND a 3D screen.

I think ill be owning the the 3DS and eventually the  NGP once it drops to $250.   I dont have much intrest in the Iphone  at all. 

Personally when i want CPU power i go on my PC so its a none factor in buying a handheld.

oniyide said:

@fresb  i think i found my European counterpart. like you i also only had a Genesis and no SNES, sucks dont it??? Thats why im such an advocate of multi-console ownership, this whole loyaltly is retarded and played out, As a gamer your really screwing yourself by supporting just one system. My friends were a little different when Zelda for 64 came out, the excitment was palpable. We all took turns on that one. Same with SNES. Has a GB too so i was able to play the GB Zelda (the name escapes me now).

Not really, I mean now that I got into retro-gaming, I know Snes was a much better console, but at the time I just enjoyed the great Genesis games I had ( I wasn't so informed about snes games anyway).

As for Zelda (and other games as well) now I remeber, I had a BIG issue or more specifically Nintendo games had a BIG issue at the time, they weren't translated in all languages. At the time Oot came out I was like 8-9 years old so I didn't know anything about english yet. Playstation was the first console to have Italian translations in almost every game. The friend of mine, who had the N64, is some year older than me so he did't have this problem.

Its problem is software, it needs compelling software to get sales started