3DS has a problem

3DS has no problem 135 29.48%

3DS needs something more innovative 99 21.62%

3DS is the most innovative product out 36 7.86%

3DS is the best nintendo handheld period 55 12.01%

NGP and 3DS have problems in the near term 37 8.08%

We all live in a yellow .. sub.. ma.. .. 94 20.52%

Total:456

@freesb   i was a a PS1 gamer also, but i did have friends who had N64 and you bet your ass i was at their house to play the first 3d Zelda

Around the Network

@kyliedog  i think your expecting way too much from the 3DS, its online is not going to be on par with the HD consoles, Ninty could have done it but it probably would have cost more money

oniyide said:

^^^^ i think you guys arent giving gamers enough credit. Most of the high quality games that will be ported, most people have played, thats why they are high quality games. Zelda, who honestly has not played OoT by now??? MGS 3, most MG fans played it. Im not saying ports are bad but i dont want devs (Ninty included) getting lazy and resting on their laurels. we could have a Wii situation where games are ported and then we get little follow up. I dont think that will happen but you never know

Actually MGS3 is the only MGS I haven't really played simply because it was a PS2 exclusive when my PS2 burned up in a house fire, same reason I missed Kingdom Hearts 2....

So I welcome MGS3D with open arms cause I need to play it, hopefully it will be more like MGS, MGS PO, and MGS PW, rather than MGS2 and MGS4

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Acevil said:
Khuutra said:
Acevil said:
Khuutra said:
KylieDog said:

3DS is a very anti-social device.  To me that is a major problem.

I've formed conversational relationships with people I'd never really talked to before because they're on my way home from work.

StreetPass is kind of an amazing social tool all on its own.

Again, i think he was talking about the online section of the device, which many individuals outside of video game industry consider "anti-social behaviour".

I have no reason to believe that the scope of his argument is so limited; he's just monstrously wrong in asserting that it's impossible for StreetPass to be a social tool.

Also my statement did not make sense. I mean online gaming is considered (By those that might not game) to be anti-social to begin with, so the statement is self-defeating! :P

Khuutra is 100% right as Kylie posted again if you two didn't notice 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3999232

The man thinks talking to people face to face while playing your 3DS' together isn't using the device to be social (IE scope of his argument) but believes it has to have text and voice messages like Wii, PS3, and 360 to be a social device, which makes no logcial sense (btw he only listed PS3 and 360 purposely leaving out the Wii even though it sends text, voice, and pictures) 

And this is all before the big major update comes... cause... yeah... why would it have all these features like PS3 and 360 have if they weren't going to enable you to message them?  They are it will just be apart of the major update I can assure you of that.

Apparently being social with a device isn't being social in person, for whatever reason, local play is what sold the Wii, it's what sells Pokemon to this day, and what attracts people to some of the biggest FPS francises ever... cause what do you know most gamers aren't people that only socialize online... but they still want their devices to be a medium of socialization in person...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

oniyide said:

@freesb   i was a a PS1 gamer also, but i did have friends who had N64 and you bet your ass i was at their house to play the first 3d Zelda

The same for me, but we played only multiplayer games, like Goldeneye007, but mostly Mario Kart 64 as we still do today on Wii. The only single player games I had already played at the time was Super Mario 64 and Starfox 64, also I had Sega Mega Drive before not the Snes, so the first Zelda game that got me into the series was Wind Waker. (very late I know)

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
KylieDog said:

3DS is a very anti-social device.  To me that is a major problem.

I've formed conversational relationships with people I'd never really talked to before because they're on my way home from work.

StreetPass is kind of an amazing social tool all on its own.

That's incredible!!

where are you located in the world? Can you give an example of how one of these random encounters played out? I'd really love to hear other people's stories about things like this. thank you.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:

Really the ports I'm interested in are dwarfed by the original content, MGS3, Star Fox 64, OoT, and maybe Splinter Cell vs Paper Mario, Mario Kart 3D, Super Mario 3D, two Resident Evil titles, the slew JRPGs, Animal Crossing, and probably most of all Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

^THIS!!

on a more serious note, I found the humor in Super Paper Mario to be somewhat bland... which is why I have a hard time finishing it. I go back to get another gold heart every once in a while so I'll no doubt finish it, but if the other games in the series have better writing and characterization it would provide an incentive to continue with the series.

So I'm the only one who sees the tremendous potential in such a crossover??

Think about it guys, it just fits so well! Fisher has one eye too many with his night vision thing, Paper Mario has one eye too few being one sided Also, splinters are thin and flat and wooden, much like paper

It's as if they were made for each other! Not to mention the similar art styles and humor!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

If the 'real problem' of the 3DS will come when the TV manufacturers releases mass market glassesless 3D TVs, then I would suggest that it is not a problem for the 3DS at all. It will be a problem for the next Nintendo handheld, because that's the kind of timeframe we're dealing with here.

Furthermore, saying that 3D on a small screen isn't all that and then saying that 3D smartphones will steal business from Nintendo is a self defeating argument.

Another great thread here.

VGChartz

KylieDog said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Khuutra is 100% right as Kylie posted again if you two didn't notice 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3999232

The man thinks talking to people face to face while playing your 3DS' together isn't using the device to be social (IE scope of his argument) but believes it has to have text and voice messages like Wii, PS3, and 360 to be a social device, which makes no logcial sense (btw he only listed PS3 and 360 purposely leaving out the Wii even though it sends text, voice, and pictures) 

And this is all before the big major update comes... cause... yeah... why would it have all these features like PS3 and 360 have if they weren't going to enable you to message them?  They are it will just be apart of the major update I can assure you of that.

Apparently being social with a device isn't being social in person, for whatever reason, local play is what sold the Wii, it's what sells Pokemon to this day, and what attracts people to some of the biggest FPS francises ever... cause what do you know most gamers aren't people that only socialize online... but they still want their devices to be a medium of socialization in person...

If the update changes things doesn't factor into how the device is NOW.  If it implements a messaging system I would change my stance since that would allow for more social options, though still limited depending on who you can message.

...and a family sitting down to play Wii Sports together is the family being social and playing the Wii, the Wii wasn't used to get the family together, the family did it.   Try and see the difference...

Sorry, i may not be allowed to contradict, but how the hell????

Wii Sports and the whole Wii is and was always market as "family friendly". Just look at the spots for Wii Sports etc.

Man, i don't see the difference.

The family now has a activity (Wii Sports) that everybody, including grandma, little Charly, his little sister Kyli and her mom, enjoys. So the Wii was used to get the family together, or not?

Still the same old people talking about the same old stuff, I see... Not that it would be a bad thing.

And hi all! Long time no see.

On topic; it's hard to judge at this point if it has a problem or not (atleast in the long term) . So far there has been nothing that would get me to buy the device, like Brain Training did on the DS or Wii Sports on Wii. It looks like Nintendo is trying to get core gamers to buy the device, instead of getting new gamers, but maybe they have new audience games in the making as we speak.

In any case, if the game is bad or uninteresting on a 2D display, it's just as bad or uninteresting on a 3D one.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.