3DS has a problem

3DS has no problem 135 29.48%

3DS needs something more innovative 99 21.62%

3DS is the most innovative product out 36 7.86%

3DS is the best nintendo handheld period 55 12.01%

NGP and 3DS have problems in the near term 37 8.08%

We all live in a yellow .. sub.. ma.. .. 94 20.52%

Total:456

Really the ports I'm interested in are dwarfed by the original content, MGS3, Star Fox 64, OoT, and maybe Splinter Cell vs Paper Mario, Mario Kart 3D, Super Mario 3D, two Resident Evil titles, the slew JRPGs, Animal Crossing, and probably most of all Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

^THIS!!

on a more serious note, I found the humor in Super Paper Mario to be somewhat bland... which is why I have a hard time finishing it. I go back to get another gold heart every once in a while so I'll no doubt finish it, but if the other games in the series have better writing and characterization it would provide an incentive to continue with the series.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
oniyide said:

@fresb  where the hell have you been??? seriously, if you have not played OoT by now, you simply didnt want to play it. Its on WiiWare for 10 bucks for gods sake, do yourself a favor and dont wait. While your at it add Majora's Mask to that (best 3d Zelda IMO) Yeah i see your point but even then some companies throw out lazy ports (Rayman ??? oh Ubi, id hate you if it wasnt for AC).

Well, I had only Ps1 in those days and honestly I have missed a lot of great games of great games from the Snes and the N64 era, so I wanted to play OoT but it wasn't just my priority. And there is also another reason why I prefer to wait the 3DS version, I live in PAL territory so I can only buy the slower/dumber PAL version, now I don't really care that much about visual improvements ( I mean I welcome them but they are not necessary), but when it comes to frame-rate I get really picky, you can call me dumb and frame-rate whore, but I can't help it.^^

As for lazy ports, well if you are lazy by default your work will always be half-assed, Ubisoft is a leading company for that^^. But this time they managed to publish at least 1 decent game, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is getting decent reviews so far.

I do not think this is a big problem for Sony as much as it is for Nintendo. Sony went into the handheld market for the first time with the PSP and gained revenue, the NGP will most likely generate revenue at some point even if it is not the sucess Sony was aming for. If the handheld market dies due to smartphones, this will not effect Sony as much because

1) remeber the walkman? It became obsolete when the iPod came out and so sony retracted from that market, no harm done.

2) they will probably change their strategy to the new psp phone. This will work because Sony will have the appeal of unique games available that other smartphones will not have.

As for Nintendo, they are in a worst position becasue the handheld has always been their biggest revenue market since the game boy. If the 3DS does not do well, their stocks will plumet and who knows what else. Remeber when the gamecube came out and it didn't do so hot? Thanks the the gameboy advance Nintendo is still here today.

Teo said:

I do not think this is a big problem for Sony as much as it is for Nintendo. Sony went into the handheld market for the first time with the PSP and gained revenue, the NGP will most likely generate revenue at some point even if it is not the sucess Sony was aming for. If the handheld market dies due to smartphones, this will not effect Sony as much because

1) remeber the walkman? It became obsolete when the iPod came out and so sony retracted from that market, no harm done.

2) they will probably change their strategy to the new psp phone. This will work because Sony will have the appeal of unique games available that other smartphones will not have.

As for Nintendo, they are in a worst position becasue the handheld has always been their biggest revenue market since the game boy. If the 3DS does not do well, their stocks will plumet and who knows what else. Remeber when the gamecube came out and it didn't do so hot? Thanks the the gameboy advance Nintendo is still here today.

I dont share your opinion.  

1) so sony can just get out of the handheld market.  dont see why this would help sony over nintendo but ok

2) so your saying sony can copy everyones tecknology and that will help them, yes they sure dont ever come up with anything new on there own your right on spot here.

3) Nintendo stands to lose the most. Yes, but its not in the worst position for it.  

I think Sony has the most to fear, cause Iphones targuets the same people sony is targueting.  Nintendo is a hole diffrent audience, Kids first Adults second..    Just like a good Cartoon.   

KylieDog said:

3DS is a very anti-social device.  To me that is a major problem.

I've formed conversational relationships with people I'd never really talked to before because they're on my way home from work.

StreetPass is kind of an amazing social tool all on its own.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
KylieDog said:

I've formed conversational relationships with people I'd never really talked to before because they're on my way home from work.

Again, i think he was talking about the online section of the device, which many individuals outside of video game industry consider "anti-social behaviour".

Acevil said:
Khuutra said:
KylieDog said:

Again, i think he was talking about the online section of the device, which many individuals outside of video game industry consider "anti-social behaviour".

I have no reason to believe that the scope of his argument is so limited; he's just monstrously wrong in asserting that it's impossible for StreetPass to be a social tool.

Khuutra said:
Acevil said:
Khuutra said:
KylieDog said:

I have no reason to believe that the scope of his argument is so limited; he's just monstrously wrong in asserting that it's impossible for StreetPass to be a social tool.

Also my statement did not make sense. I mean online gaming is considered (By those that might not game) to be anti-social to begin with, so the statement is self-defeating! :P

Ya I felt that way about it too. It was a flame baite im almost 100% sure of it.

Albion said:

Ya I felt that way about it too. It was a flame baite im almost 100% sure of it.

While I agree and disagree with Kylie in a large amount of issues, he isn't necessarily flamebaiting. He just has a very strong opinion when it comes to things, and isn't afraid of showcasing his opinion.