3DS is the most innovative product out 36 7.86%

3DS is the best nintendo handheld period 55 12.01%

NGP and 3DS have problems in the near term 37 8.08%

We all live in a yellow .. sub.. ma.. .. 94 20.52%

Total:456
RolStoppable said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
RolStoppable said:

Augmented reality, not alternate reality. I've told you this before.

Anyway, Mr Khan already said it: Games sell video game systems, not technology.

I like that "alternate reality" slip, it gives it an awkward charm!

Anyhow I agree about games and that 3D tech isn't a problem, the only possible problems that could come from tech are a pair of shortcomings, the screen could be larger, allowing to enjoy better 3D, that's touted as its main HW feature, and battery life should be longer. Two other flaws have nothing to do with tech, but with Ninty policies, the first is region lock, bad and obsolete idea always, even worse on portables, the second is the price, quite high for a portable, but it shouldn't really be a problem for now, as long as early adopters and enthusiasts are enough to buy what Ninty wishes to sell. When they run out, Ninty is always in time to cut price, if needed.

A bigger screen would result in a bigger system as a whole, so that's always a trade-off between screen size and portability. All you can hope for is to find the right middleground that satisfies the most people. Battery life definitely is the biggest issue right now.

The region lock problem is just a result of a bigger problem and that's companies refusing to release certain games in certain regions (usually Europe and Australia). If all the games you wanted would release worldwide, nobody would care that the system is region locked. I wish publishers would have a little bit more confidence and bring their already into English translated American versions over to Europe.

About the screen, I guess the solution will come with a XL version, letting the buyer choose between smaller system and screen or both bigger.

About the lock, I know blaming Ninty for it is harsh, actuallly the problem are more some 3st  parties stuck to obsolete business models, and actually Nintendo should just be blamed for bending to them. And while I don't approve, but I can understand publishers wanting to separate their markets, due to the aforementioned obsolete business models, I really don't understand companies that after choosing to release some games only in one region, refuse the possible additional profits from gamers from other regions buying those games too. Another aspect of the problem: even if all the games people want were  released worldwide, region lock could still create problems to travelling gamers, forcing them to buy all their games in one region even if they are perfectly fine with playing a version not localized for their country. About this, I maybe have a different perception of the problem from others, as Italian localizations used to be so horrible that I got used to play English versions, and even now that the problem is a lot less serious, I often play some games in English even if Italian is available in the version I bought. (BTW, even now, the best Italian localization ever made is considered to be not an official one, but a fan project for Planescape: Torment).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

What a bunch of ungrateful people here. 

You should be glad Nintendo is selling you the same games again with a gimmick that doesn't really affect the gameplay at all.

You should be glad the 3D vision gives you headaches, makes the games more immersive and challenging.

You should be glad the software is just console ports at a higher price for lower quality in graphics. 

We don't need those mario kart or 2D mario crap we need HARDCORE games.  This is a HARDCORE system bitch, we need HARDCORE system sellers like Metal Gear Solid and the 3DS will be in first place garenteed. Finally Nintendo taking gaming away from kiddys and Casuals.  Gaming is a privilage, pay up bitch.

TripleMMM said:

Specs don't mean anything when it comes to "gaming machines", it's the games like everybody else said (so far it's bare).

Haven't you learned anything about the Game Boy era?

agreed

Dinomax said:

You should be glad Nintendo is selling you the same games again with a gimmick that doesn't really affect the gameplay at all.

You should be glad the 3D vision gives you headaches, makes the games more immersive and challenging.

You should be glad the software is just console ports at a higher price for lower quality in graphics. 

We don't need those mario kart or 2D mario crap we need HARDCORE games.  This is a HARDCORE system bitch, we need HARDCORE system sellers like Metal Gear Solid and the 3DS will be in first place garenteed. Finally Nintendo taking gaming away from kiddys and Casuals.  Gaming is a privilage, pay up bitch.

You must have had a Hell of a time acclimatizing to the DS before Brain Age or Canvas Curse came out.

3DS.... half amazing, half incomplete....

The 3D is just WOW (tried it today), but the games so far, and the lack of achievement sistem is just weak.

And this thread coming from Leo is really a surprise?

His next one will be NGP selling 2 times more than 3ds in 2012

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Dinomax said:

You must have had a Hell of a time acclimatizing to the DS before Brain Age or Canvas Curse came out.

Who plays Brain age?  You get sudoku out of the newspaper and can do maths whenever you feel like it.

Canvas curse?  You mean that Kirby game that wasn't Kirby?  Look at me I'm rolling a ball across the screen!  Weeeeeee!  Take my money Nintendo!

No the DS took off when this came out,

YEAH!  HARDCORE GAMING TO THE RESCUE!

Dinomax said:
Khuutra said:
Dinomax said:

Who plays Brain age?  You get sudoku out of the newspaper and can do maths whenever you feel like it.  I don't do maths because that gets in the way of real life.

Canvas curse?  You mean that Kirby game that wasn't Kirby?  Look at me I'm rolling a ball across the screen!  Weeeeeee!  Take my money Nintendo!

Dinomax said:
Khuutra said:

Who plays Brain age?  You get sudoku out of the newspaper and can do maths whenever you feel like it.

So that's a yes?

Acevil said:
Albion said:

Ya I felt that way about it too. It was a flame baite im almost 100% sure of it.

While I agree and disagree with Kylie in a large amount of issues, he isn't necessarily flamebaiting. He just has a very strong opinion when it comes to things, and isn't afraid of showcasing his opinion.

As much as what he's saying has a point. everyone  knows his view is limited.  Him having that Opinion leads me to belive all this guy has ever done in his hole life is, Scotialise with people almost exclusivly online.  And i gess that may be possible now a days.  >.<

Whether the problems arre real or part of leo-j's imagination, I still love mine to death, and I will only be concerned if Nintendo/large # of 3rd partiers lose faith in it.

*Knocks on wood*