3DS is the best nintendo handheld period 55 12.01%

NGP and 3DS have problems in the near term 37 8.08%

We all live in a yellow .. sub.. ma.. .. 94 20.52%

Total:456
KylieDog said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
KylieDog said:
Acevil said:

You could also responded by reversing his logic back at him, for example if PSN/XBL did not exist they would just use facebook instead. Since that is form social online communication. 

That comparison doesn't even make sense since PS3/360 main point is gaming it isn't to be social, they just have the ability to do it unlike the 3DS.  I also give up on people so defensive on Nintendo they can't (or refuse to?) see the difference between people being social and a device being social.  If you cannot be social using the device only, it isn't.

Alright I'm gonna break my own rule simply because I enjoy the lulz I get from these replies so I'm gonna ask a question.

If your basis is that the main purpose is not to be social devices just that they can communicate, then why not list Wii in there?  The Wii can send voice recordings unlike PS3, it's also the only device out of the three that notifies you that you have a new message without being turned on, so it fits the argument you laid out... There was no reason to exclude another console from your list if it justifies your stance

I'm not sure what this post is about?  Are you complaining I didn't list every single example of a device with social options, including the Wii?  I listed PS3/360 since they are also primary gaming devices and have superior social functions to other systems.  I didn't list PSP either, same reason.

PSP has no friends list that you can message and socialize, I was pointing out the obvious, and of course like always you skirt the topic and redirect attention like anyone is dumb enough to fall for that old trick.  You're wrong on so many levels, but I'm guessing you already know that as you're intelligent enough to purposely use fallacies to keep from being backed into a corner with your own flawed logic.  

This is why I told people to quit replying to you, it's pretty obvious you just like stating off the wall "horse poop" as Khuutra put it, it's only to get attention and to cause people to get in a tizzy.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

We can all agree then that.

-3DS in its current form has very limited Online soctial tools.

But

-The 3DS is a new never befor seen speciment Of soctial Machine's.

KylieDog said:

Or I just don't feel the need to make stuff up to defend a thing I buy.

*my final reply to you directly simply because you'll have just another excuse*

You certainly do buy a lot of things you hate, knowing full well what you're getting, but you "buy" them anyway only to complain about them.  People must have lots of time and money to waste on things they hate, not to mention taking the time out of their busy gaming schedule just to go online and state how much they hate everything and make replies to those who bring up flaws in said statement. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Albion said:
Teo said:

I do not think this is a big problem for Sony as much as it is for Nintendo. Sony went into the handheld market for the first time with the PSP and gained revenue, the NGP will most likely generate revenue at some point even if it is not the sucess Sony was aming for. If the handheld market dies due to smartphones, this will not effect Sony as much because

1) remeber the walkman? It became obsolete when the iPod came out and so sony retracted from that market, no harm done.

2) they will probably change their strategy to the new psp phone. This will work because Sony will have the appeal of unique games available that other smartphones will not have.

As for Nintendo, they are in a worst position becasue the handheld has always been their biggest revenue market since the game boy. If the 3DS does not do well, their stocks will plumet and who knows what else. Remeber when the gamecube came out and it didn't do so hot? Thanks the the gameboy advance Nintendo is still here today.

I dont share your opinion.  

1) so sony can just get out of the handheld market.  dont see why this would help sony over nintendo but ok

2) so your saying sony can copy everyones tecknology and that will help them, yes they sure dont ever come up with anything new on there own your right on spot here.

3) Nintendo stands to lose the most. Yes, but its not in the worst position for it.  

I think Sony has the most to fear, cause Iphones targuets the same people sony is targueting.  Nintendo is a hole diffrent audience, Kids first Adults second..    Just like a good Cartoon.   

Ok seriously make a better point than "Sony copies blah blah"

Sony is a huge company that publishes films, makes TVs and other home appliances. Nintendo only has the gaming market. So no, Sony has nothing to fear if the handheld market loses to smartphones. Companies like Sony do not rely on one market and thus their flexability is their strengh. Just like MS, if the 360 was a total disaster, this wouldn't affect MS at all.

@Teo: Yes, it's a big company, but they're not going to be sitting on their fat asses if there's no money to be made, just take a look what Stringer did to get Sony back on their feet, as the company has been a disaster for the last decade.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
Teo said:
Albion said:
Teo said:

I do not think this is a big problem for Sony as much as it is for Nintendo. Sony went into the handheld market for the first time with the PSP and gained revenue, the NGP will most likely generate revenue at some point even if it is not the sucess Sony was aming for. If the handheld market dies due to smartphones, this will not effect Sony as much because

1) remeber the walkman? It became obsolete when the iPod came out and so sony retracted from that market, no harm done.

2) they will probably change their strategy to the new psp phone. This will work because Sony will have the appeal of unique games available that other smartphones will not have.

As for Nintendo, they are in a worst position becasue the handheld has always been their biggest revenue market since the game boy. If the 3DS does not do well, their stocks will plumet and who knows what else. Remeber when the gamecube came out and it didn't do so hot? Thanks the the gameboy advance Nintendo is still here today.

I dont share your opinion.  

1) so sony can just get out of the handheld market.  dont see why this would help sony over nintendo but ok

2) so your saying sony can copy everyones tecknology and that will help them, yes they sure dont ever come up with anything new on there own your right on spot here.

3) Nintendo stands to lose the most. Yes, but its not in the worst position for it.  

I think Sony has the most to fear, cause Iphones targuets the same people sony is targueting.  Nintendo is a hole diffrent audience, Kids first Adults second..    Just like a good Cartoon.   

Ok seriously make a better point than "Sony copies blah blah"

Sony is a huge company that publishes films, makes TVs and other home appliances. Nintendo only has the gaming market. So no, Sony has nothing to fear if the handheld market loses to smartphones. Companies like Sony do not rely on one market and thus their flexability is their strengh. Just like MS, if the 360 was a total disaster, this wouldn't affect MS at all.

Last I checked Nintendo is making alot of money. Nintendo's not a small company eather. Its been making games since 1889.   

How long have sony and MS been arround?

Go find proof that Sony's stocks and MS stocks are way bigger then Nintendo's then will talk.

bdbdbd said:

@Teo: Yes, it's a big company, but they're not going to be sitting on their fat asses if there's no money to be made, just take a look what Stringer did to get Sony back on their feet, as the company has been a disaster for the last decade.

Very true, consolidating multiple branches into one, cutting staff by a lot, but those will just patch the bleeding, to heal they need more fixed and mostly around their design philosophy, mostly getting back to their roots and what made them popular (IE what made most of like them, like my Sony walkman CD player that was expensive as hell but lasted me over 10 years)

They've got other issues, one being that they're a horizontal monopoly, but that's something the government should be handling even though they're not.

But big corporations it's harder to run them out of business, but it's easier to run them out of a business venture as there are others to back them up, and games is just another venture to them, it's not their bread and butter.

My hopes are that Sony makes the NGP for games sake and not for useless additional technology sake... that design has hurt them twice already, the PS2 added technology but not too much, it kept the costs low (even if poor R&D made them sell at a loss), it kept players coming, and it was a platform more open to developers as they were already familiar with PS1 and the PS2 just built upon that.

Anyway that's my two cents on that subject since that's kinda off topic from the OP, even if it did mention Sony, NGP, PS3 and such

Sorry to derail the thread, but I´d like to know your opinions....is Ridge Racer 3D worth it?...I only have Pilotwings and was thinking about a 2nd game.

JGarret said:

Sorry to derail the thread, but I´d like to know your opinions....is Ridge Racer 3D worth it?...I only have Pilotwings and was thinking about a 2nd game.

For certain, one of the best 3DS launch titles, it looks great, and its fun to play.  Just lacking in a few areas like online play since I can't seem to find players locally.  Street Fighter IV is where all the buzz is if you want local and online play though.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
JGarret said:

For certain, one of the best 3DS launch titles, it looks great, and its fun to play.  Just lacking in a few areas like online play since I can't seem to find players locally.  Street Fighter IV is where all the buzz is if you want local and online play though.

Let me ask, if I have 2 friends with 3DSs and we all have a copy of Ridge Racer, can we three play at the same time against each other?..or does the game only allow 2 people at a time?