3DS has no problem 135 29.48%

3DS needs something more innovative 99 21.62%

3DS is the most innovative product out 36 7.86%

3DS is the best nintendo handheld period 55 12.01%

NGP and 3DS have problems in the near term 37 8.08%

We all live in a yellow .. sub.. ma.. .. 94 20.52%

Total:456
Mr Khan said:

A valid point, though i would counter that with the fact that some games that definitely benefited from motion controls (i'm really thinking of Mario Kart Wii here), had them as optional. While they might be limited by that 3D promise, that doesn't mean that games that really benefit from it can't come out

i would think mario kart wii is a different beast then whatever is on the 3DS.  i could just be lacking in imagination here but i can't think of any way to utilize 3D effects in a way that innovates gameplay while still remaining 2D compatible.

but I couldn't agree more that E3 will be interesting.  i can't possibly imagine the senerio in which the 3DS doesn't reach at least 50 M, but if it wants to get to the 150(plus) M that its little brother did it is going to need something that excites the base like brain age and nintendogs did.  that's the game i'm going to be looking for.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

3DS is a very anti-social device.  To me that is a major problem.

o.O It's the most social handheld I've ever owned.. Everyone wants to see it! Whether taking 3D photos with friends or passing it around to try the AR games or making Mii's, it gets people's attention. Besides, flicking it to 2D so multiple people can watch doesn't brick the system, it's actually something i've done often, can you believe that!?

Besides that, streetpass causes owners to be more social than they usually would, although in a non-traditional way. 

In terms of how the 3DS is doing, everybody always has an opinion of Nintendo when they launch something and if it isn't breaking records it's definitely in trouble. Nintendo have used a marketing strategy with the 3DS, they've decided how many they want to sell and positioned the system accordingly through launch titles, pricing and marketing campaigns. If they wanted the system to be selling more then it would be.

The 3DS is outpacing the DS even though the DS was $100 cheaper, was launched in the holiday season and had a fairly similar line-up of games at launch that were cheaper. The 3DS doesn't have all it's features yet, we have to wait til May, how is that a problem exactly? It's going to be solved in May and anybody waiting for an internet browser can buy one then. Just remember, since everybody loves an Apple comparison, the iPhone didn't launch with things like cut and paste and 3G support, yet it still sold well and it's still selling well now.

The games are what matter. After this many years, that should be crystal clear to everybody. The DS launched with this stand out line-up:

Sourced from Wikipedia
The first year of DS titles wasn't spectacular either but the 3DS already has a solid line-up in 2011 which will only be strengthened after E3. So yes the 3DS could be doing better, but it's going to be on the market for at least 6 years so how about stopping all the doom and gloom bullshit.

puffy said:
KylieDog said:

o.O It's the most social handheld I've ever owned.. Everyone wants to see it! Whether taking 3D photos with friends or passing it around to try the AR games or making Mii's, it gets people's attention. Besides, flicking it to 2D so multiple people can watch doesn't brick the system, it's actually something i've done often, can you believe that!?

Besides that, streetpass causes owners to be more social than they usually would, although in a non-traditional way. 

In terms of how the 3DS is doing, everybody always has an opinion of Nintendo when they launch something and if it isn't breaking records it's definitely in trouble. Nintendo have used a marketing strategy with the 3DS, they've decided how many they want to sell and positioned the system accordingly through launch titles, pricing and marketing campaigns. If they wanted the system to be selling more then it would be.

The 3DS is outpacing the DS even though the DS was $100 cheaper, was launched in the holiday season and had a fairly similar line-up of games at launch that were cheaper. The 3DS doesn't have all it's features yet, we have to wait til May, how is that a problem exactly? It's going to be solved in May and anybody waiting for an internet browser can buy one then. Just remember, since everybody loves an Apple comparison, the iPhone didn't launch with things like cut and paste and 3G support, yet it still sold well and it's still selling well now.

The games are what matter. After this many years, that should be crystal clear to everybody. The DS launched with this stand out line-up:

Sourced from Wikipedia
The first year of DS titles wasn't spectacular either but the 3DS already has a solid line-up in 2011 which will only be strengthened after E3. So yes the 3DS could be doing better, but it's going to be on the market for at least 6 years so how about stopping all the doom and gloom bullshit.

I think Kylie meant in the online sense.... given I think a lot of people consider online activities to be anti-social....so his statement might be self defeating! :P 

Games4Fun said:
Albion said:
Games4Fun said:
Albion said:

hrm Ok well this is why im confused

NDS= Nintendo DS to me

3DS= well 3DS

NGP= Next Gen Portable

what is the NGS?

>.< lol

Sorry will fix it.  =)

Stupid slight dyslexia o.0

Kicked in

Tolus619 Said:

"@Albion, where can I get a full size image of your sig and any other similar pics?"

HaloLZ.com   (that pic is  the form i found it in)

Every system ever released had several problems associated with it, as well as many clear limitations, and people looked past those issues with successful consoles and bought them anyways. Like every other system, the 3DS does have problems but I see these as being smaller than most other systems problems; and, within 18 months, they will mostly be "resolved".

The 3DS is more expensive than people are used to for a handheld device, but a price reduction and more expensive competition entering the market will (likely) reduce/eliminate this complaint.

The 3DS's battery life is too short, but there will be several battery packs introduced which limit this problem; and the first revision of the system will likely have a significantly longer battery life.

The 3DS currently lacks games, but there is strong support from third party publishers and over time games will be released to fill the current void.

Around the Network

Why compare it to everything else? The only problem with the 3DS is that it does'nt have that one big game right now,but that'll change later this year. 

puffy said:
KylieDog said:

Sourced from Wikipedia

Yeaaah when you have software built in that encourages more socialization than DS ever did you know Kylie is just trying to stir things up, it's best to ignore those comments cause they're just flat out lies >_>

The design of the system encourages you to take it with you wanting you to get coins tracking your steps, Face Raiders wants you to capture other peoples faces getting others involved, then you have streetpass, getting someone else's Miis to show up and trade puzzle pieces and do a little RPG with you and you get more levels the more you see these people.... yeah that's not encouraging socialization at all... not to mention the software encourages this too, a lot of launch games have their own streetpass modes, and they have their local wireless download modes.

So yes the device is founded on socialization and there isn't much that can be said otherwise, if someone is anti-social with their device it's on them, cause I really don't buy the whole "man others can't see the 3D with me" as a legit complaint against it being social... you can either put it in 2D mode to let others watch or you can let people hold it to see the 3D, I've done both while socializing with my device, and one person found an angle over my shoulder they can look at the screen and see the 3D... though that made me feel a bit uncomfortable lol.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Software and im not talking ports, soon as Ninty announces another Mario&Luigi im there or a new TWEWY, whichever comes first

oniyide said:

Software and im not talking ports, soon as Ninty announces another Mario&Luigi im there or a new TWEWY, whichever comes first

Paper Mario is far superior! Mario & Luigi RPGs just seem like Paper Mario without the quirky humor, rather going for the cartoonish humor, and I love them both but after the Thousand Year Door if I hear a new Paper Mario is coming I get way more excited than a Mario & Luigi, though you know it's coming lol

Also nonports are what I've been playing not sure about anyone else, Pilotwings Resort, Steel Diver, and Ridge Racer 3D are all original titles, SSFIV has yet to be on a Nintendo console, and the first time the full experience has been on the go.

Really the ports I'm interested in are dwarfed by the original content, MGS3, Star Fox 64, OoT, and maybe Splinter Cell vs Paper Mario, Mario Kart 3D, Super Mario 3D, two Resident Evil titles, the slew JRPGs, Animal Crossing, and probably most of all Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

^^^thats funny a few people said that the Wii Paper Mario was not all that, but ive never touched any of the Paper Mario games so i'll have to take your word for it, then again your test does differ wildly from mine