3DS has a problem

3DS has no problem 135 29.48%

3DS needs something more innovative 99 21.62%

3DS is the most innovative product out 36 7.86%

3DS is the best nintendo handheld period 55 12.01%

NGP and 3DS have problems in the near term 37 8.08%

We all live in a yellow .. sub.. ma.. .. 94 20.52%

Total:456

The only problem I can see the 3DS has is on the online forums.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Around the Network

I have no idea why you all keep making these '3DS is doomed' threads.  It a DS, with triple the graphical power, a widescreen and 3D added.  And if that isn't enough, just take one look at the upcoming games list.

Nintendo will be just fine.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Remember when the DS was released and had amazing games for the first year?

Like Pac-Pix? or Yoshi's Touch and Go? (was it 2 or 3 levels? I don't remember...) Or Mario 64 D-Pad edition? (at least this time Zelda will be an improvement over the original!)

We had Pokemon Dash and Electroplankton! none of them lame ass tech-demos with no replay value we get today...

Remember Ping Pals? just like pictochat only $30? Or Ubisoft's launch game "Sprung - A Game where Everyone Scores"? 

You could tell way back then those guys were going places!

Hell even EA was representing with UrbZ: Sims in the City (yep, they did the Z thing before Ubi...)

Those were the glory days, before stupid Nintendo had to go and ruin gaming by releasing the Wii...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Albion said:
Games4Fun said:
Albion said:

3DS-NDS

This is essential the same battle the Wii just won against the PS3, but with a twist that Unlike the Wii the 3DS has a visual upgread with 3D. (a Curve ball to gain 3rd party)   I dont really think slaping 3D on A portable Wii is Non-Nintendo like is it? Really?

I think the 3DS will outsell the NDS just like the Wii outsold the PS3. I dont think the market has totaly turned head over heals in the last year.   so i expect the same results.

3DS price's and game price's will be the big factor of how many units they can sell in total.    The games are a none factor in my thought prosess cause i know this things not going to get few-er then the NDS.  

Didnt your other post say 3DS will do well but wont beat NDS? Im guessing its suppose to say outsell the NGP?

My other post in this thread said:

Albion on 2011-04-09 21:34

3DS has a few small flaws that will keep it from ever selling much more then 100 million units. 

It will remain market leader this gen though. (end)

But

It is posible the NDS beats Nintendo 3DS for market leadership.  Something like

NGS 100 million unit sold

3DS 80 million unit sold

But im basing this estimation, on things that have way to many  unknown then i care to have.  but still lets go down that road so now I have to  evaluated what  new competion may take. when I add that up.

NGS 85 million

3DS 75 million 

Thats on my assumption Iphone will disrupt Sony's NGS more then it will the 3DS based on Trends. I dont think Iphone will take over.

If NGS is the leader this  next gen.    Id say thats a fare gesstimation of what it may look like after 5 years.

Based on Sony's attitude and direction in the last 5 years i dont have much faith they can do with the NGS  what it needs for it to be a market leader.   If that prove's to be true.

Id say the NGS Could look like what the PSP is today.   after 5 years.

Nintendo wont sell more then 100 millon units, unless it seriously re-thinks it price's. the sooner they do the more chance they give themself to hit 120 milllion  

hrm Ok well this is why im confused

NDS= Nintendo DS to me

3DS= well 3DS

NGP= Next Gen Portable

what is the NGS?

gumby_trucker said:

Like Pac-Pix? or Yoshi's Touch and Go? (was it 2 or 3 levels? I don't remember...) Or Mario 64 D-Pad edition? (at least this time Zelda will be an improvement over the original!)

We had Pokemon Dash and Electroplankton! none of them lame ass tech-demos with no replay value we get today...

Remember Ping Pals? just like pictochat only $30? Or Ubisoft's launch game "Sprung - A Game where Everyone Scores"? 

Hell even EA was representing with UrbZ: Sims in the City (yep, they did the Z thing before Ubi...)

Those were the glory days, before stupid Nintendo had to go and ruin gaming by releasing the Wii...

Can't tell if you're serious.  But you bring up an important point.  The original DS launched with a handful of games, almost everyone forgot about.  It wasn't until about a year in that it got some good games like Kirby's Canvas Curse, Warioware TOUCHED and Osu! Tadakae! Ouendan!  The same looks to be happening to the 3DS, with many of its major games coming out about 6 months after it launches.

Only in the case of the 3DS, we had a list of over 50 games even before the system launched.  From nearly every major Japanese series from MGS to Resident Evil to DOA to Paper Mario.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:

Nobody really remembers the early DS days. Legend says that the DS started strong out of the gate and never faced any struggles whatsoever.

Legends <3 Facts

Games4Fun said:
RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:

Nobody really remembers the early DS days. Legend says that the DS started strong out of the gate and never faced any struggles whatsoever.

Legends <3 Facts

Before the mighty DS roamed the earth, when man was still young, it is told of an abominable monster that was lost in the mysts of time... I think it was called the "phat" or something... Probably just one of those Loch Ness Monster or Sasquatch tales with no grounds in reality...

the original trolls

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

gumby_trucker said:
Games4Fun said:
RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:

Legends <3 Facts

Before the mighty DS roamed the earth, when man was still young, it is told of an abominable monster that was lost in the mysts of time... I think it was called the "phat" or something... Probably just one of those Loch Ness Monster or Sasquatch tales with no grounds in reality...

Ah so thier those wiedos. Wonder if they sell any cool souvenirs! Like a keychain made in the form of this "phat"

Acevil said:
ninty_shareholder64 said:

You compare apples to oranges imo.

3DS is doomed because PS3 also has 3D??? NGP is praised as portable PS3 without 3D and should be the winner just cause of power? And then mobile phones with 3D will replace handhelds, but 3D on small display is shit?

Doesn't make sense imo,

everything you wrote is inconsequent!

Sorry leo-j, bad analysis.

Seriously, were you expecting good analysis from Leo-J? 

I could tell both of you didn't read the post, I really didn't want to respond to such a childish response, but I want to point out that not only did the poster you quoted nit pick what I said, and decide to throw in a couple of lines I didn't even mention "NGP should be the winner just cause of power", but he decided to throw it in a completely direction than what I was clearly going towards.

instead of coming into this thread and assuming you know who I am, and how much of an analyst I am, you should read the post and not make yourself look like someone trying to hurt someone else for the sake of a laugh, or attention.

mM
Games4Fun said:

Ah so thier those wiedos. Wonder if they sell any cool souvenirs! Like a keychain made in the form of this "phat"

I wouldn't recommend that, as the form is said to be so hideous just one look could turn a man to ashes...

the original trolls