By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not buying this 3D thing

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  so screw whoever made those games becaue they know there not getting the game they really want?? Although GTA has nothing to do with Godfather??? Sounds childish to me. 

The grammar on that is really off. It makes it seem as though those making the games are the same as those wanting it.

Now going off what I think you meant, yes, the audience will screw a game if it's really not what they want. How hard is that to understand?

If a developer makes a bunch of hit games (a), and some clones ( c ) of other developers' hit games (b), it not a good idea to release C on a system that is lacking in A and B. C will look like scraps to both. And don't give me any "that's their problem for not liking it" crap. If you make a game to appeal to millions, you don't act like they are beholden to your tastes. That's business suicide.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

^^^^thats exactly why it is a good idea to release the clones, your filling a void that is left by the more popular game not being there. If you love a certain type of game, but whatever console you have doesnt have the AAA version of said game, would it not be better to at least get the AA??? Unless you dont care about said genre in the first place so it wouldnt bother you. Or you just get the console with the AAA game. THats what most people do.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Somehow this thread turned into another reason to bash the Wii.

Unbelievable.

Why do you act surprised, you were basically asking for it. I mean, come on. You pretty much implied that the Wii is a good console in your original post. If you bend the truth to a U, you have to expect people calling you out on it.

No.  I implied that the Wii was a great console in my oiginal post.  This means that I bent the truth to an O. 

Please get your facts straight next time.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

No.  I implied that the Wii was a great console in my oiginal post.  This means that I bent the truth to an O. 

Please get your facts straight next time.

Okay...

Anyways, when I wrote my "3DS weak launch, NGP doomed" thread I thought I had a winner on my hands, because talking down on two systems at the same time should lead to longwinded debates. But then you decide to make a thread and now it's close to having gotten 100 replies more than mine. This just goes to show that nothing is more offending to gaming communities than saying that the Wii is a great console.

Maybe talking badly about one system that everyone loves and good about one that everyone hates is the trick.

It is surprising to me that my thread has gotten almost 100 more replies as yours as well.  You would think that an April Fools thread from you should have taken off like a rocket.  Maybe if you called it Why the 3DS bombed, it would have done better.  :p

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Maybe talking badly about one system that everyone loves and good about one that everyone hates is the trick.

It is surprising to me that my thread has gotten almost 100 more replies as yours as well.  You would think that an April Fools thread from you should have taken off like a rocket.  Maybe if you called it Why the 3DS bombed, it would have done better.  :p

Or maybe I should just have posted on your wall to invite you to trolling in my thread in order to keep it going. I think that's the element that my thread lacked.

Fools. Both of you.

Fools!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Or maybe I should just have posted on your wall to invite you to trolling in my thread in order to keep it going. I think that's the element that my thread lacked.

Or maybe it lacked originality. 

My thread kept going without your help.  I figured that I'd invite you since the 3DS is new and you love it.  In a few years you'll be trolling on it like you constantly troll the Wii.

RolStoppable said:
Play4Fun said:
RolStoppable said:

Fools. Both of you.

Fools!

It's gullible people like you who made amp316 win this round. Well, actually it was primarily due to oniyide who will always be around when someone says positive things about the Wii.

Fool!

RolStoppable said:
Play4Fun said:
RolStoppable said:

Fools. Both of you.

Fools!

It's gullible people like you who made amp316 win this round. Well, actually it was primarily due to oniyide who will always be around when someone says positive things about the Wii.

Foolish fool who foolishy think os foolish ideas!

Above: still the best game of the year.

RolStoppable said:
Beuli2 said:
RolStoppable said:

Foolish fool who foolishy think os foolish ideas!

You are nothing without your whip, Franziska.

Just because your eyes can't see it don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. You'll feel true despair when the pain comes to you!

Above: still the best game of the year.

oniyide said:

^^^^thats exactly why it is a good idea to release the clones, your filling a void that is left by the more popular game not being there. If you love a certain type of game, but whatever console you have doesnt have the AAA version of said game, would it not be better to at least get the AA??? Unless you dont care about said genre in the first place so it wouldnt bother you. Or you just get the console with the AAA game. THats what most people do.

Just a couple AA games is not enough, nor is it really trying (as in the effort is minimal compared to the abilities of the large developers). You need lots of those.

And I know you need lots because that's almost always how you make an audience for a type of game without a killer app to make one almost instantly.

You think the flood of major games on the HD systems had nothing to do with the audience coming to them? So making what isn't even a trickle is not trying on the Wii, by any stretch, no matter the type of game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs