Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not buying this 3D thing

oniyide said:

^^^lordtheknight  Call of Duty is no where near the tech marvel of any of those games i listed not even close, hell even OTHER FPSs on the HDs put COD to shame. KZ3, Crysis 2, Halo, i would place MOH above it. im not just talking visuals i mean AI, draw distance, crap going all at once. how smooth the games run. Im not trying to shit on WIi here but from what ive seen the games look about as good as the Xbox 1 games, what are some of these high scale games you speak of??? Only thing i can think of is MHTri and that aint impressive seeing as that was a PSP game and the HD equivalent games have even more scale

MHTri is not a scale game. A scale game is something like Samurai Warriors, which did it pretty well on the Wii, and San Andreas, which was on an even less powerful system.

Sure the graphics wouldn't look anywhere near as high, but they would work on the Wii a lot better than Dead Rising, which is just scale cranked up to eleven.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Play4Fun said:

This shitty thread is still going?

No.  This one brilliant sentence seems to have ended this thread.

That's right. This one sentence is more brilliant than the whole OP.

It really should have ended there.

Play4Fun said:
amp316 said:
Play4Fun said:

This shitty thread is still going?

No.  This one brilliant sentence seems to have ended this thread.

That's right. This one sentence is more brilliant than the whole OP.

It really should have ended there.

I'll just say I don't buy 3D in a figuative sense. I don't buy it as a killer app tech. The 3DS will have a killer app that is a game that would work even without 3D, just that it will be a hell of a game that the mainstream loves. I say this because that has been a pattern with killer apps for just about any system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

This thread is a fail.... Immediately when you said your obsessed with a wii...

Dont get me wrong I aint spendin money to buy a 3d tv any time soon....

but 3d is fuckin bad ass if you got the money... and 3d movies are twice as enjoyable to me.  Avatar was insanely great so keep playing ur wii I guess.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

As Blue Pocahontas 3D is one of best seller 3D movies, and after watching the trailer of that 3D crap with Nicolas Cage, I must agree even more with amp316. I'm not against 3D, but even more than with other things, I'll wait for the initial hype to fade away before jumping on board.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

As Blue Pocahontas 3D is one of best seller 3D movies, and after watching the trailer of that 3D crap with Nicolas Cage, I must agree even more with amp316. I'm not against 3D, but even more than with other things, I'll wait for the initial hype to fade away before jumping on board.

I thought it was Blue Ferngully 3D.

@lordtheknight  thats true, but San Andreas has a kind of been there and done that thing to me. There are games on the HDs that blow even that out the water. For me those scale games on Wii, i did that that years ago, im ready to up the ante and the WIi just cant do that. but i guess if you have a Wii even that would be good enough

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  thats true, but San Andreas has a kind of been there and done that thing to me. There are games on the HDs that blow even that out the water. For me those scale games on Wii, i did that that years ago, im ready to up the ante and the WIi just cant do that. but i guess if you have a Wii even that would be good enough

I think thats one of the third parties mistakes on the Wii. The people who would be willing to buy some of these types of  games dont settle for good enough when its been proven they can be better on the same console. (though i think I took this out of context maybe)? Sorry if I did.

If you dont like what Nintendo did with the 3DS, I have a feeling your going to totally jump off a bridge when you learn what they will do with there next gen Consule.

I think Nintendo will move upmarket more then you'll like.

oniyide said:

Um, aside games like Dirt (I think that's the game with thousands of virtual square miles), and MMORPGs very few HD games match or exceed the size of San Andreas. And if you mean stuff happening on screen, the Wii could of course do more than that game. If you mean loads of effects, yes the Wii can do that.

Plus this isn't about impressing you personally. At least not in the context of developer's false reasons for not working on the Wii.