By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not buying this 3D thing

^^^ so they should have made even more sandbox games despite the ones that were release not doing so hot???

Around the Network
oniyide said:

^^^ so they should have made even more sandbox games despite the ones that were release not doing so hot???

First of all, what makes you think I meant only sanbox games? I'm clearly talking about support in general.

Second of all, how about sandbox games that weren't ports of clones? Ports of genuine hits, regardless of the genre (RE4), or original sandbox clones (either No More Heroes games outsold Scarface Wii and Godfather Wii combined), did a lot better, and showed there was an audience that was just ignored, and those two ports of clones releases were instead used as support instead of looking a the sales of the genuine hits.

Third of all, you don't use TWO games to decide the ENTIRE viability of a genre. That is a reason for people not caring about logic for justification, just flimsy evidence, and how dare you act like their pathetic attempts at supporting the Wii was geniune effort, and the Wii audience was obligated to buy those games just to satisfy developers' egoes.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I don't see how you cannot predict the magnitude of this thread was about to produce, amp. I mean, your basically giving what the people want, a good "I don't want a 3ds" with a Wii twist thread to tick your own posters. You need to study these boards more, It might have been bigger if you threw a ps3 in the title/OP, considering you don't own one.

ITs the Sweetheart effect, of the newly launched product.

That new consule smell that made this thread Viral.

You wont find anything stronger in the gaming industry to push a thread forward

Well done amp lol

@lordtheknight  why so sensitive??? we're talking about sandbox games because that was the genre i was specifying. GTA is the only big hit from last gen and it's pretty damn clear that it was never going to see a release on Wii. RS and Ninty dont exactly have the best of relations. So it just makes good sense for a company to come in and fill that obvious void, unless you suggest that they should not bother. As for other genres yeah i could see that, but you always scream about ports as being a lazy effort and not really showing support and you know i agree with you, but you praise RE4??? Is that not a port?? All they did was tack on some motion controls and send it on its way, not different than Bully, DBZ, MK, TR or any of the other ports of last gen games. Did you feel obligated to buy RE4??? 

Around the Network

@albion  im shocked that there are people who dont like 3DS. This should have been the machine to pull people together. Even if you dont like the 3D, your getting the Ninty games, the touch screen flash games and a bunch of 3rd party core games from all genres. Super Street Fighter f***ing 4!? it doesnt get more core than that

oniyide said:

@albion  im shocked that there are people who dont like 3DS. This should have been the machine to pull people together. Even if you dont like the 3D, your getting the Ninty games, the touch screen flash games and a bunch of 3rd party core games from all genres. Super Street Fighter f***ing 4!? it doesnt get more core than that

I think it is a great system for my needs. I have to send my 3DS for repaires and im still happy i have one.  My only problem with this Handheld is.. It has health warning for 6 year's old and under.  

I know this 3DS thing is great for users like us, I love it But the Industry of gaming should never forguet that its main audience are and will always be  Kids first. As that is what has Spawned and susained the industry in the first place.   Any move from that Core Hiders your chance to be market leader as most generation of consule War's have shown.

Saying "oh Nintendo is a kiddy Consule" is true. but failing to realise you wont grow very much as a company withought supporting this new wave of incoming adopters is like cuting yourself off from the Cow that was making the milk in the first place.   That make any sense to you why People dont think this thing's going to do all that great?

I still think it will be a leader. It wont sell 150Million though. I would be shocked if it sold 100million.

^^^^it needs repairs already??? thats why i never buy systems at launch. That is the crap i expect from MS maybe SOny, but Ninty??? They dont make em like they used too. Im still getting one

oniyide said:

^^^^it needs repairs already??? thats why i never buy systems at launch. That is the crap i expect from MS maybe SOny, but Ninty??? They dont make em like they used too. Im still getting one

Ya I know ;;

Its a weird glitch on only 1 game and they told me to send it in.    Im a bit shocked they told me to send it in though.

To be fair I have to say im happy they just din't tell me, Sorry Its the software GL with that.  Wich is what I totaly

expected lol.

Still iv made my peace with it. im sending it in this morning. so no 3DS for next 10 days.   That oks . I finished the one really good game i loved on it.  Next good lgame out is....... No idea. ya =)

About Shity producs:  Thats globalisation for ya.   

Who  convinced us that was the way to go anyways?

Albion said:
oniyide said:

Ya I know ;;

Its a weird glitch on only 1 game and they told me to send it in.    Im a bit shocked they told me to send it in though.

To be fair I have to say im happy they just din't tell me, Sorry Its the software GL with that.  Wich is what I totaly

expected lol.

Still iv made my peace with it. im sending it in this morning. so no 3DS for next 10 days.   That oks . I finished the one really good game i loved on it.  Next good lgame out is....... No idea. ya =)

About Shity producs:  Thats globalisation for ya.   

Who  convinced us that was the way to go anyways?

So, the 3DS only has one really good game and already needs to be sent in for repairs?

Sounds like a wise purchase.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger