By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not buying this 3D thing

Play4Fun said:

This shitty thread is still going?

No.  This one brilliant sentence seems to have ended this thread.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
oniyide said:

^^^^ um.... no not really, Wii Sports got boring after about a week for me and my buds. You cant tell me that the boxing portion didnt blow, That part demanded 1:1 precision and the wiimote just cant manage which sucks cause that was my fav part. Yes there is a motion , but that brings me to another problem i have, WTH was that not implemented in the first place??  Was it to keep the cost low?? screw that i want a quality product not a half assed tech charge me the extra 50 or was it laziness?? or was it that they just didnt know??(more R&D, por favor) and no one (not even Ninty) really supports the damn thing and as people love to say what is hardware without software?? it might as well not exist. I know i need my flame retarded suit for this but i like the MOve better, not cause its made by Sony but it works better. after playing ping pong on it i cannot go back to those wii games. i will try that Grand slam tennis cause i have heard good things. (or just wait for the PS3 followup). Killzone3 with Move blows away any FPS ive played on Wii. Doesnt matter how far i am from the TV i never get that stuid stop sign or i get stuck where i cant move(looking at you GE). I give Ninty credit for getting the ball rolling.

Your looking to far into this graphics thing, your making the same mistakes that some Wii owners and even PS360 owners do when it comes to graphics, its about hardware. Thats the magic, people are not really pumped because 3DS is in 3D there pumped becaue more powerful hardware means potentially better games. Look at SSF4 no way in hell would that game be able to work on DS, not in the form its in. It would have been cut to pieces and it would suck. Just like say Just Cause 2 cant exist on Wii, couldnt handle it. Hell look no further than Dead Rising for Wii, WTH was that??

I think that you are trying to say flame retardent.  I have never heard of a suit becoming unintelligent around flames.

Anyhow, you complaining that the Wii Remote didn't have 1:1 controls and that it was half assed tech is hilarious since no other system had any tech like this at all (unless you want to count Sixaxis which wan't nearly as effective).  About Move being better, I've tried Move and it works perfectly fine (it better since they came out with it WAY later than the Wii), but it's pointer controls definitely aren't as good as the Wii Remote (they are laggy).  Look at The Shoot for instance.  Speaking of The Shoot, this the type of "quality" software that is being released for the Move and you complain that the Wii isn't getting quality software for it?  That thing isn't getting supported at all.

Also, you picked Dead Rising for the Wii  as an example to prove that the Wii has graphical limitations?  I'll pick that same game as an example that the Wii gets crappy 3rd party support.  That game could have been much better with more time and effort.    

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
oniyide said:

^^^^ um.... no not really, Wii Sports got boring after about a week for me and my buds. You cant tell me that the boxing portion didnt blow, That part demanded 1:1 precision and the wiimote just cant manage which sucks cause that was my fav part. Yes there is a motion , but that brings me to another problem i have, WTH was that not implemented in the first place??  Was it to keep the cost low?? screw that i want a quality product not a half assed tech charge me the extra 50 or was it laziness?? or was it that they just didnt know??(more R&D, por favor) and no one (not even Ninty) really supports the damn thing and as people love to say what is hardware without software?? it might as well not exist. I know i need my flame retarded suit for this but i like the MOve better, not cause its made by Sony but it works better. after playing ping pong on it i cannot go back to those wii games. i will try that Grand slam tennis cause i have heard good things. (or just wait for the PS3 followup). Killzone3 with Move blows away any FPS ive played on Wii. Doesnt matter how far i am from the TV i never get that stuid stop sign or i get stuck where i cant move(looking at you GE). I give Ninty credit for getting the ball rolling.

Your looking to far into this graphics thing, your making the same mistakes that some Wii owners and even PS360 owners do when it comes to graphics, its about hardware. Thats the magic, people are not really pumped because 3DS is in 3D there pumped becaue more powerful hardware means potentially better games. Look at SSF4 no way in hell would that game be able to work on DS, not in the form its in. It would have been cut to pieces and it would suck. Just like say Just Cause 2 cant exist on Wii, couldnt handle it. Hell look no further than Dead Rising for Wii, WTH was that??

I think that you are trying to say flame retardent.  I have never heard of a suit becoming unintelligent around flames.

Anyhow, you complaining that the Wii Remote didn't have 1:1 controls and that it was half assed tech is hilarious since no other system had any tech like this at all (unless you want to count Sixaxis which wan't nearly as effective).  About Move being better, I've tried Move and it works perfectly fine (it better since they came out with it WAY later than the Wii), but it's pointer controls definitely aren't as good as the Wii Remote (they are laggy).  Look at The Shoot for instance.  Speaking of The Shoot, this the type of "quality" software that is being released for the Move and you complain that the Wii isn't getting quality software for it?  That thing isn't getting supported at all.

Also, you picked Dead Rising for the Wii  as an example to prove that the Wii has graphical limitations?  I'll pick that same game as an example that the Wii gets crappy 3rd party support.  That game could have been much better with more time and effort.    

Also, Chop Till You Drop isn't a fair comparison with other games. The zombies, Frank, Survivors, items, and all the different areas in any section, are all loaded into the RAM at once, no streaming (even RE4 and the original Dead Rising use streaming). And the original color setting is crap. Anything under 8 is muddy as hell.

That doesn't mean Capcom didn't blow it in other ways with that game. I was just adding some information.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@amp316  so the WIimote was 1:1???? it doesnt matter to me that there isnt anything out there like it, i just care that it works well and the Wiimote at times did not work well, This cant really be denied. You played a crappy Shoot game of course you think the pointer controls suck. Play Killzone 3 with Move then make a decision, that FPS has the best pointer controls i have ever played, the only thing to come close is RS2. Move doesnt get support??? I respect people's opinion but if you dont have Move then you obviously dont know what your speaking about, there are more Move compatable games than there are motion ones and seeing as how Move came later thats damn pathetic. 

Again you keep harping on graphics, im talking hardware, Wii's hardware is much weaker than the HDs, thats a fact. Thats why DR turned out the way it did. you think they could fit all that choas on the WII??? the damn think will break. GTA4, Just Cause 2, Assassins Creed Fallout,etc you can make a list of HD games that are simply not possible on WIi, and its not cause of graphics, the WIi is simply not strong enough to run them. not in there intended form anyway

oniyide said:

@amp316  so the WIimote was 1:1???? it doesnt matter to me that there isnt anything out there like it, i just care that it works well and the Wiimote at times did not work well, This cant really be denied. You played a crappy Shoot game of course you think the pointer controls suck. Play Killzone 3 with Move then make a decision, that FPS has the best pointer controls i have ever played, the only thing to come close is RS2. Move doesnt get support??? I respect people's opinion but if you dont have Move then you obviously dont know what your speaking about, there are more Move compatable games than there are motion ones and seeing as how Move came later thats damn pathetic. 

Again you keep harping on graphics, im talking hardware, Wii's hardware is much weaker than the HDs, thats a fact. Thats why DR turned out the way it did. you think they could fit all that choas on the WII??? the damn think will break. GTA4, Just Cause 2, Assassins Creed Fallout,etc you can make a list of HD games that are simply not possible on WIi, and its not cause of graphics, the WIi is simply not strong enough to run them. not in there intended form anyway

The loads of AI on those games isn't as high as Dead Rising. Plus the Wii has shown it can handle high scale games when the developers actually work on it. It's just few do (Call of Duty shows how much can be done) and prefer to let their preconceptions remain untested so they can pretend they are therefore proven.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

^^^lordtheknight  Call of Duty is no where near the tech marvel of any of those games i listed not even close, hell even OTHER FPSs on the HDs put COD to shame. KZ3, Crysis 2, Halo, i would place MOH above it. im not just talking visuals i mean AI, draw distance, crap going all at once. how smooth the games run. Im not trying to shit on WIi here but from what ive seen the games look about as good as the Xbox 1 games, what are some of these high scale games you speak of??? Only thing i can think of is MHTri and that aint impressive seeing as that was a PSP game and the HD equivalent games have even more scale

oniyide said:

^^^lordtheknight  Call of Duty is no where near the tech marvel of any of those games i listed not even close, hell even OTHER FPSs on the HDs put COD to shame. KZ3, Crysis 2, Halo, i would place MOH above it. im not just talking visuals i mean AI, draw distance, crap going all at once. how smooth the games run. Im not trying to shit on WIi here but from what ive seen the games look about as good as the Xbox 1 games, what are some of these high scale games you speak of??? Only thing i can think of is MHTri and that aint impressive seeing as that was a PSP game and the HD equivalent games have even more scale

MHTri is not a scale game. A scale game is something like Samurai Warriors, which did it pretty well on the Wii, and San Andreas, which was on an even less powerful system.

Sure the graphics wouldn't look anywhere near as high, but they would work on the Wii a lot better than Dead Rising, which is just scale cranked up to eleven.

amp316 said:
Play4Fun said:

That's right. This one sentence is more brilliant than the whole OP.

It really should have ended there.

Play4Fun said:
amp316 said:
Play4Fun said:

That's right. This one sentence is more brilliant than the whole OP.

It really should have ended there.

I'll just say I don't buy 3D in a figuative sense. I don't buy it as a killer app tech. The 3DS will have a killer app that is a game that would work even without 3D, just that it will be a hell of a game that the mainstream loves. I say this because that has been a pattern with killer apps for just about any system.

This thread is a fail.... Immediately when you said your obsessed with a wii...

Dont get me wrong I aint spendin money to buy a 3d tv any time soon....

but 3d is fuckin bad ass if you got the money... and 3d movies are twice as enjoyable to me.  Avatar was insanely great so keep playing ur wii I guess.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???