By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not buying this 3D thing

As Blue Pocahontas 3D is one of best seller 3D movies, and after watching the trailer of that 3D crap with Nicolas Cage, I must agree even more with amp316. I'm not against 3D, but even more than with other things, I'll wait for the initial hype to fade away before jumping on board.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

As Blue Pocahontas 3D is one of best seller 3D movies, and after watching the trailer of that 3D crap with Nicolas Cage, I must agree even more with amp316. I'm not against 3D, but even more than with other things, I'll wait for the initial hype to fade away before jumping on board.

I thought it was Blue Ferngully 3D.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@lordtheknight  thats true, but San Andreas has a kind of been there and done that thing to me. There are games on the HDs that blow even that out the water. For me those scale games on Wii, i did that that years ago, im ready to up the ante and the WIi just cant do that. but i guess if you have a Wii even that would be good enough

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  thats true, but San Andreas has a kind of been there and done that thing to me. There are games on the HDs that blow even that out the water. For me those scale games on Wii, i did that that years ago, im ready to up the ante and the WIi just cant do that. but i guess if you have a Wii even that would be good enough

I think thats one of the third parties mistakes on the Wii. The people who would be willing to buy some of these types of  games dont settle for good enough when its been proven they can be better on the same console. (though i think I took this out of context maybe)? Sorry if I did.

If you dont like what Nintendo did with the 3DS, I have a feeling your going to totally jump off a bridge when you learn what they will do with there next gen Consule.

I think Nintendo will move upmarket more then you'll like.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

Um, aside games like Dirt (I think that's the game with thousands of virtual square miles), and MMORPGs very few HD games match or exceed the size of San Andreas. And if you mean stuff happening on screen, the Wii could of course do more than that game. If you mean loads of effects, yes the Wii can do that.

Plus this isn't about impressing you personally. At least not in the context of developer's false reasons for not working on the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

@games4fun  thats a ? in of itself, can it be better on WIi??? Will it be worth It??? Bully, Godfather, Scarface are all games that are scale and are done well on Wii, the problem is that they were all done already. Can the Wii do better than that?? The Wii can have a GTA San Andreas game, but that was done years ago. IMHO due to the limitations of the hardware thats as good as its going to get, which isnt really that bad. I think the thing with 3rd parties is that they dont see a point, multiplat games in general sell better on HDs because they look and play better (most of the time). 

@lordtheknight  Just Cause 2 blows San Andreas out the water, by alot. Where are these Wii games that have loads of effects without the hiccups, even my Bully game wigs out sometimes.  Its not about being impressed, if your hardware is weaker your going to be limited by what games you cant and can play on said hardware, that goes for any gen. PS1 couldnt run a FPS as good as N64, only thing close was MOH.

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  Just Cause 2 blows San Andreas out the water, by alot. Where are these Wii games that have loads of effects without the hiccups, even my Bully game wigs out sometimes.  Its not about being impressed, if your hardware is weaker your going to be limited by what games you cant and can play on said hardware, that goes for any gen. PS1 couldnt run a FPS as good as N64, only thing close was MOH.

First of all, in what way do you mean that?

Second of all, lack of games means lack of trying. Bully isn't a good example, as both ports were notoriously glitchy, so that just shows Take Two slapped it together, or else it would mean the 360 somehow couldn't handle it.

Third, I admit the Wii has limits, but it's not as big as many claim, since they often claim it can't even handle PS2 games.

^^^^Just Cause 2 more vehicles, MUCH bigger world, if San Adreas is the size of a small state, then Just Cause 2 is a country, and not one of the small ones. more AI on screen, no pop up, no slow down. no in game loading (minus cut scenes) you have to play the game and when you see it, you'll say this cant be done on Wii.

Your right about Bully, but despite that the 360 far outsold the Wii one despite the glithches on both and Wii having a bigger install base. so that means that either Wii owners are smarter and didnt buy glitchy crap, or there were games out they rather play instead or most of them dont care about that kind of game. Godfather and Scarface also sold worse on Wii. So some publishers did in fact try. Why would they keep on trying with those kinds of results

I dont know who saying it cant handle PS2, thats absurd, im saying it cant handle some HD games. FF13, Bioshock, Assassins Creed, GTA4, ME, KZ3, Crysis2. just to name a few. and when i mean handle im not talking about slapping some engine together throwing it out the door and slapping the name of an HD to fool some people (believe or not this works some times)