By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - George Hotz Runs Away to South America; Lies About Having PSN Account

After the judge demanded George Hotz gives in his devices and hard drives, the PlayStation 3 hacker ran away to South America to avoid handing his possessions in and now has put his case in extreme jeopardy. The hacker also lied about having a PlayStation Network account. GeoHot has finally been caught out.

http://vghq.net/2011/03/23/george-hotz-runs-away-to-south-america-lies-about-having-psn-account/

anyone who donated him money regret it?

Around the Network

Just like the Nazis!

Not surprised ftw.

badgenome said:

Just like the Nazis!

Lol, my first thought too.

I suppose that this is something that his lawyers suggested that he should do? Or is it the way the donated money went?

maybe kevin butler sent him a rap video of his own in an email, and it was that badass it made hotz leave town

Around the Network

o_O   

he's screwed now.

btw, just an fyi.  i looked up the possible penalties for the new crimes he has committed over and above hacking.

Tampering with evidence: Third degree felonies in Texas carry a penalty of between two and ten years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00.

perjury: In the United States, under Federal law, the general perjury statute provides for a sentence of up to 5 years in prison, 18 USC 1621.

kitler53 said:

o_O   

he's screwed now.

Yeaaaaaah, just a little.  If he truly fleed the country....a bit incriminating lmao

This is quite amusing

Carl2291 said:

This is quite amusing

Aye!

(almost like your sig ;) )

Oh boy, he is most definitely screwed now. Sooo.... too all the monkeys who supposedly "donated" to this jack ass. Are you happy that he stole it to run away to another country?

He'll be caught eventually and he'll be sentenced like he deserves to be.