By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2. Actual Retail Gameplay. First 30 mins on 360.

CGI-Quality said:
Oblivion86 said:
CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

Can you provide a link showing me that Killzone 3 is the best looking FPS out there? I don't remember reading this in any reviews. Official Playstation Mag doesn't count. I want to see it in a non biased review.

Not a problem:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=124035

The Official KZ3 Review Thread right here on our site. MANY reviews said it. I don't think any game has topped how many reviewers called Killzone 3 not only the best looking PS3 game (or FPS on consoles), but the best looking game on consoles period (and make sure to read tthrough the entire thread).

Now even though that's irrelevant, no review has said that for Crysis 2 yet.

The retail game is not even out yet, nor is the DX11 patch so stop with these comparisions..

A DX11 patch means nothing to console owners. We're not talking about console vs PC, but console vs console. Try to keep up.

Edit: And really, if a game needed a patch to be the best looking game on consoles, the game wasn't ready to launch. Since there's never been a case like that, that bit is (again) irrelevant.

We know you're diehard Killzone fanatic, stfu about it already. All I said was that the game isn't out so you can't make any comparisions BECAUSE you haven't played it. I stated about the DX11 because I am personally looking forward to it, your posting in general is irrelevent so please just stop. You type like an undenibly chauvinistic snob and I am honestly tired of reading your repeatedly condescending dribble.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmm...

GameInformer:

"Technically, Killzone 3 reaches a new benchmark for which other games should strive. The graphical fidelity is high despite the overload of activity taking place onscreen at any one time. It’s a visual smorgasbord of action and lights, filled with oversaturated colors that are likely a response to critiques that found the earlier games too drab. Stack on all the independently moving characters and vehicles, and the game is a sight to behold".

NZGamer:

"Visually, KZ3 is a masterpiece. The level of detail in the environments is staggering and sets the benchmark for all games on all platforms that are to follow it. There’s just so much stuff and it’s everywhere, even floating around in the air or whizzing by overhead. Smoke trails will have you searching your living room for the fire, while the tracer rounds whizzing overhead will make you want to hide behind your couch - this without being in 3D, which the title supports but my TV does not".

ZTGD:

"The Killzone series has always excelled in the area of visuals. KZ3 is a damn fine looking game. The environments feel worn and lived-in and, of course, shattered by war. The animations are absolutely incredible and everything moves at a smooth clip. The main characters look great, but still shy of that infamous target video from E3 a few years ago. You will be hard pressed to find a better looking game outside of the PS3, though. This one is up there with the likes of Uncharted. As for sound, I mentioned earlier about the solid voice acting ,and the musical score is also well done. The highlights, though, are the explosions and other sound effects. Hearing buildings crumble and guns recoil on the proper setup is definitely an audio delight".

MACHINIMA:

"I’ll go out on a limb and say that Killzone 3 is easily one of the best looking console games I’ve ever seen. Period. From a technical perspective the fidelity of the animations and textures are unmatched. But it’s Killzone’s art direction that makes it so enjoyable. The game’s lighting, motion blur, and particle effects combined with the bold color palette of whites and reds really do a lot to enhance the otherwise dull gunmetal gray that has dominated the Killzone universe".

THE GAMER'S TEMPLE:

"The one area in which Killzone 3 is without reproach is the graphics. I'll put it as plainly as I know how: This is the best looking console game ever released. There isn't really anything else to say about the graphics; they're the best ever. End of story".

5 trusted (Metacritic approved) sites. Perhaps this may silence your tired excuses.

lol, you say metacritic approved like it has any meaning, plus you said dey said it was da "best looking game on consoles", 4/5 of those are just saying the game has good graphics,at this point it's da gamers temple vs cvg on the boxart

every crysis 2 review so far has said the same thing (supa gfx and tech) and one of them has confirmed "best looking game on console"  its da game to beat

CGI-Quality said:
mendozahotness said:
CGI-Quality said:

If you're going to try and downplay the game, at least do it honestly:

PushSquare.com (11th review down):

Perhaps it’s shallow to open a review referencing a game’s visuals, but in Killzone 3’s case it is entirely justified. We’ve debated the merit of Killzone 3’s technical proficiency since beating the game, and we’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the best looking game available on the PS3 right now. Yes, including Uncharted 2. Despite some very minor technical hiccups — temporary freezing, very slight frame-rate drops — the game is an absolute technical master-piece. Textures are bold and attractive, while colours are bright and punchy. The lighting model is delightful, adding real depth to the world as colours flare and bleed into each other. The game drops some of the oppressive, industrial design of Killzone 2, opting for a more futuristic, technological setting. That said, Killzone 3 is much more varied than previous games in the franchise, exploring jungle, scrap and ice-capped locales. It all results in a campaign with much more visual diversity than previous games, concluding in an environment that’s both brilliant and insane.

oh i guess da crysis 2 demo wasn't available then and is it a blog site, its no cvg

Hmmm...

GameInformer:

"Technically, Killzone 3 reaches a new benchmark for which other games should strive. The graphical fidelity is high despite the overload of activity taking place onscreen at any one time. It’s a visual smorgasbord of action and lights, filled with oversaturated colors that are likely a response to critiques that found the earlier games too drab. Stack on all the independently moving characters and vehicles, and the game is a sight to behold".

NZGamer:

"Visually, KZ3 is a masterpiece. The level of detail in the environments is staggering and sets the benchmark for all games on all platforms that are to follow it. There’s just so much stuff and it’s everywhere, even floating around in the air or whizzing by overhead. Smoke trails will have you searching your living room for the fire, while the tracer rounds whizzing overhead will make you want to hide behind your couch - this without being in 3D, which the title supports but my TV does not".

ZTGD:

"The Killzone series has always excelled in the area of visuals. KZ3 is a damn fine looking game. The environments feel worn and lived-in and, of course, shattered by war. The animations are absolutely incredible and everything moves at a smooth clip. The main characters look great, but still shy of that infamous target video from E3 a few years ago. You will be hard pressed to find a better looking game outside of the PS3, though. This one is up there with the likes of Uncharted. As for sound, I mentioned earlier about the solid voice acting ,and the musical score is also well done. The highlights, though, are the explosions and other sound effects. Hearing buildings crumble and guns recoil on the proper setup is definitely an audio delight".

MACHINIMA:

"I’ll go out on a limb and say that Killzone 3 is easily one of the best looking console games I’ve ever seen. Period. From a technical perspective the fidelity of the animations and textures are unmatched. But it’s Killzone’s art direction that makes it so enjoyable. The game’s lighting, motion blur, and particle effects combined with the bold color palette of whites and reds really do a lot to enhance the otherwise dull gunmetal gray that has dominated the Killzone universe".

THE GAMER'S TEMPLE:

"The one area in which Killzone 3 is without reproach is the graphics. I'll put it as plainly as I know how: This is the best looking console game ever released. There isn't really anything else to say about the graphics; they're the best ever. End of story".

5 trusted (Metacritic approved) sites. Perhaps this may silence your tired excuses.

killzone is one of the best from what these reviews are saying.

Oblivion86 said:

We know you're diehard Killzone fanatic, stfu about it already. All I said was that the game isn't out so you can't make any comparisions BECAUSE you haven't played it. I stated about the DX11 because I am personally looking forward to it, your posting in general is irrelevent so please just stop. You type like an undenibly chauvinistic snob and I am honestly tired of reading your repeatedly condescending dribble.

i agree, IMO da dude is ruining the thread, all we are is quoting the reviews/boxart that crysis 2 is "da best looking game on consoles" and the dude be in here trying to make killzone 3 like its even relevant. dis is a crysis topic about its visuals, stop bringing up da has beens like kz3

Now this is impressive! If that really was the X360 version then Crysis 2 undoubdtedly is the best looking game on consoles.

Never thought this gen could look so good.

Around the Network

Oh, fo sheezy. Itz allz be like da best game homiez. cvgizzle says soz mang. Cryziz 2 ROX!

Gonz bye dos copiez. yo shuld tu.

PS3 Trophies

Pjams said:

Just watched the videos and it looks good, it has great lighting and everything has nice sharp look to it. And it may have open environments, but the gameplay that was shown the character was being funneled down a predetermined path. I still haven't had that OMG I need this game moment, I still may get it though.

The first video is just pre-rendered bs. The gameplay doesn't start till the second video.

Ummm. It's player controlled in the first video part when the lights flash red after the submarine is hit. That was not pre rendered. There is 6 mins of pure gameplay in the first video.

CGI-Quality said:
mendozahotness said:
CGI-Quality said:

Funny, they haven't actually said that since mid 2010

It's the quote on the box. Legally it has to be from a review and from these visuals, you can see why, they're completely unprecedented on consoles.

CGI-Quality said:

and OPM didn't say it at all.

soz, i meant that it looks better than KZ3, they said that.

Its in the review.

Really, link it.

And none of what I've seen from Crysis 2 on console is "unprecedented". In fact, it's been getting hammered for it's visuals through and through (and not just from PS fans). And CVG hasn't reviewed it.

Edit - OPM describes Crysis 2 as “Excellent – technically strong, visually outstanding and full of welcome fresh ideas.”

I'm not seeing any mention of Killzone 3.

I have to disagre on your hammered for visuals comment. As far as the ~PC version. Yes. Because the PC Community wanted Crysis 1 x 2. Not somethingsimilar in Graphics level or slightly worse.

As far as the consoles versions go. For the last year media has been very positive. In fact alot of media point out just how much more realtime stuff the engine is doing than current console games. Most console games use tricks, as well as tight level design. Rather than the vastness media talk about with Crysis 2. The thing you here the most is how CryEngine 3 has no smoke and mirrors. It lends itself to critiscm because it is and honest realtime engine.

i think for the ppl saying about rage's graphics being equal on the ps3 and 360, it should be very close. but the 360 might have a slight advantage since john carmack has stated a few times, that he really likes the 360 the best. so i am assuming since he said that, the 360 will have better visuals, if they are only slightly better. since the 360 is more pc, which is what he knows best. 

on-topic, will get crysis 2 and cant wait to experience the game. but i want duke nukem forever even more : hail to the king baby  :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

I have to disagre on your hammered for visuals comment. As far as the ~PC version. Yes. Because the PC Community wanted Crysis 1 x 2. Not somethingsimilar in Graphics level or slightly worse.

As far as the consoles versions go. For the last year media has been very positive. In fact alot of media point out just how much more realtime stuff the engine is doing than current console games. Most console games use tricks, as well as tight level design. Rather than the vastness media talk about with Crysis 2. The thing you here the most is how CryEngine 3 has no smoke and mirrors. It lends itself to critiscm because it is and honest realtime engine.

You really need to see what's being said of the game, it hasn't been as positive as you think. Sure, maybe the demo is an early build (on PS3), but the demo should represent what you want people to shell out $60 on. Right now, many gamers aren't happy with the demo (and it was similar with the original 360 demo too).

It was obvious to me the demo did not represent the games graphics. It was nothing more than testing the gamers waters to see how the online would work.

Even the poorest quality Crysis 2 singleplayer video will show you this.

More importantly, The media who have played the game are positive so far. And if the rumours are true, other big media reviewers will state some big things.