By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2. Actual Retail Gameplay. First 30 mins on 360.

Very sexy graphics and I enjoyed online play. I'm half tempted to pick it up.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
mendozahotness said:
CGI-Quality said:

Funny, they haven't actually said that since mid 2010

It's the quote on the box. Legally it has to be from a review and from these visuals, you can see why, they're completely unprecedented on consoles.

CGI-Quality said:

and OPM didn't say it at all.

soz, i meant that it looks better than KZ3, they said that.

Its in the review.

Really, link it.

And none of what I've seen from Crysis 2 on console is "unprecedented". In fact, it's been getting hammered for it's visuals through and through (and not just from PS fans). And CVG hasn't reviewed it.

Edit - OPM describes Crysis 2 as “Excellent – technically strong, visually outstanding and full of welcome fresh ideas.”

I'm not seeing any mention of Killzone 3.

Can you provide a link showing me that Killzone 3 is the best looking FPS out there? I don't remember reading this in any reviews. Official Playstation Mag doesn't count. I want to see it in a non biased review.

Edit: Best looking GAME. Not best looking FPS.

CGI-Quality said:

Really, link it.

Can't, scans. You could import the mag i guess. Basically they say, "it looks marginally better than Killzone 3", which for the worst version of a multiplatform game is pretty great imo

CGI-Quality said:

And none of what I've seen from Crysis 2 on console is "unprecedented".

That's nice love, everything from the first 15 seconds in part 2 of the game in video 2 has yet to be replicated by anything else. I love real-time global illumination.

CGI-Quality said:

And CVG hasn't reviewed it.

They have, it's just under embargo until the 22nd or 23rd. You can read part of it in this thread. Its on the boxart.

CGI-Quality said:

Edit - OPM describes Crysis 2 as “Excellent – technically strong, visually outstanding and full of welcome fresh ideas.”

I'm not seeing any mention of Killzone 3.

That's not the full review, they tend to be longer then a sentence. 

Is the guy above me for real? LOL

CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

Can you provide a link showing me that Killzone 3 is the best looking FPS out there? I don't remember reading this in any reviews. Official Playstation Mag doesn't count. I want to see it in a non biased review.

Not a problem:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=124035

The Official KZ3 Review Thread right here on our site. MANY reviews said it. I don't think any game has topped how many reviewers called Killzone 3 not only the best looking PS3 game (or FPS on consoles), but the best looking game on consoles period (and make sure to read tthrough the entire thread).

Now even though that's irrelevant, no review has said that for Crysis 2 yet.

Hmm im 15 reviews in and not one has said it yet. Will update

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

Not a problem:

The Official KZ3 Review Thread right here on our site. MANY reviews said it. I don't think any game has topped how many reviewers called Killzone 3 not only the best looking PS3 game (or FPS on consoles), but the best looking game on consoles period (and make sure to read tthrough the entire thread).

Crysis 2 hasn't been released yet, there aren't any major reviews out for it yet so obviously no reviews state its the best looking game because those reviews don't exist. Now if we want to go by past comments and use that as a review then Rage is the best looking game because IGN said so. Right now Killzone 3 might be the best looking console game but its not better than Crysis 2 yet because we haven't actually seen the full game nor has it been reviewed. If Crysis 2 doesn't take the crown fine but lets not say its not up there until its released. This is going to be a long year because there are literally 5-6 games that could take the crown this year. Killzone 3, Crysis 2 (probably not), Rage (good chance), Skyrim (probably not), Mass Effect 3 (possibly), Gears of War 3 (good chance), Uncharted 3 (good chance).

CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

Not a problem:

The retail game is not even out yet, nor is the DX11 patch so stop with these comparisions..

CGI-Quality said:

If you're going to try and downplay the game, at least do it honestly:

PushSquare.com (11th review down):

Perhaps it’s shallow to open a review referencing a game’s visuals, but in Killzone 3’s case it is entirely justified. We’ve debated the merit of Killzone 3’s technical proficiency since beating the game, and we’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the best looking game available on the PS3 right now. Yes, including Uncharted 2. Despite some very minor technical hiccups — temporary freezing, very slight frame-rate drops — the game is an absolute technical master-piece. Textures are bold and attractive, while colours are bright and punchy. The lighting model is delightful, adding real depth to the world as colours flare and bleed into each other. The game drops some of the oppressive, industrial design of Killzone 2, opting for a more futuristic, technological setting. That said, Killzone 3 is much more varied than previous games in the franchise, exploring jungle, scrap and ice-capped locales. It all results in a campaign with much more visual diversity than previous games, concluding in an environment that’s both brilliant and insane.

oh i guess da crysis 2 demo wasn't available then and is it a blog site, its no cvg

CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:
CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

Not a problem:

Crysis 2 hasn't been released yet, there aren't any major reviews out for it yet so obviously no reviews state its the best looking game because those reviews don't exist. Now if we want to go by past comments and use that as a review then Rage is the best looking game because IGN said so. Right now Killzone 3 might be the best looking console game but its not better than Crysis 2 yet because we haven't actually seen the full game nor has it been reviewed. If Crysis 2 doesn't take the crown fine but lets not say its not up there until its released. This is going to be a long year because there are literally 5-6 games that could take the crown this year. Killzone 3, Crysis 2 (probably not), Rage (good chance), Skyrim (probably not), Mass Effect 3 (possibly), Gears of War 3 (good chance), Uncharted 3 (good chance).

A lot of that is irrelevant, you asked for links, you got THE link. KZ3 is the current bar setter. Whether or not Crysis 2 sets it remains to be seen, but early, pre-embargo lift reviews also called KZ3 the best looker. Take that for what you will.

I'm not going to click on every link for every KZ3 review. I'm also not going to count the reviews of a site run by 5 guys who live in their parent's basement. I'll take your word on Killzone 3 being the best and thats fine but next week I'll be looking at IGN, Gamepot, Giant-Bomb, and possibly a couple others to see what they have to say about Crysis 2. If its not the best looking console game that is fine because honestly I don't care too much. I actually want Gears of War 3 to be the best looking game because its my most anticipated game and I want it to be perfect. Same with Uncharted 3 except its slightly behind Gears of War 3 for me because I like Gears multi better. If those two games tie for best looking console game then I'll be happy.

Ahh, it's always funny to see someone return to VGChartz with a new profile and you know immediatly who he had been before he was permabanned

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3