By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2. Actual Retail Gameplay. First 30 mins on 360.

Wow. The environments are huge. And fully realtime. Physics, lighting, destruction. Etc.

Did Epic just get hugely owned?

Around the Network

LOL.

Is it really the retail gameplay, or is it on the PC using the 360 graphics setting?

I am guessing its the second since the retail graphics can be seen here in gamespot now playing:

Doesn't look anything special, just an upgraded Halo.

mantlepiecek said:

Is it really the retail gameplay, or is it on the PC using the 360 graphics setting?

I am guessing its the second since the retail graphics can be seen here in gamespot now playing:

It's a burnt copy being played on the 360. Downloaded. Good old 360 piracy.

The Germans always get it first that way. It's explained in German. Just used a translater on his Youtube page.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Cool, added. I won't be watching (as I don't want it ruined), but I'm sure it looks nice. Sadly, the game may get swept aside considering much of the controversy surrounding the PS3 version and because HomeFront looks to be the first major sleeper hit of the year.

If you dont want to spoil anything. Just watch the first 2 mins of part 2. Nothing happens. Just shows the scale and beauty.

selnor said:
mantlepiecek said:

The Germans always get it first that way. It's explained in German. Just used a translater on his Youtube page.

No its not. Here is his reply to one of the comments translated through google translate:

"The video shows the Sanbox 3 x64 Edition XBOX360 developer mode.

So everything you see here, too, is what you see on the box later, if you play the game at home on the 360​​."

That means that he is playing on the PC with the 360 settings turned on which is a rough estimation of how the 360 version will look.

mantlepiecek said:
selnor said:
mantlepiecek said:

No its not. Here is his reply to one of the comments translated through google translate:

"The video shows the Sanbox 3 x64 Edition XBOX360 developer mode.

So everything you see here, too, is what you see on the box later, if you play the game at home on the 360​​."

That means that he is playing on the PC with the 360 settings turned on which is a rough estimation of how the 360 version will look.

Thats the same thing. How do you think the developers test the game on each platform?

In other words the version he's playing is not PC with 360 settings. It's the 360 developer mode. There is no scalable or changable options. It's a preset graphics group solely for the retail 360 disc.

Sigh.

I actually may purchase Crysis 2 just to play the single player and see how good it looks on my tv and then make my own decision. I didn't enjoy the mp much but I'll try it out. If it sucks then I sell the game after I beat the single player and won't lose out on too much money. :) Either way next month I'll be playing the Gears of War 3 beta everyday its available to every game will take a back seat.

I was really hoping that crytek could surpass killzone 3. :(

Still, the game is beautiful overall and has a lot going for it which easily makes it one of the most beautiful games on consoles. Been looking forward to this. I'm just waiting to make sure that the fps holds up.

PS3 Trophies