By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2. Actual Retail Gameplay. First 30 mins on 360.

mantlepiecek said:
tuscaniman said:

IF that is what the 360 version actually looks like then you can call the graphics war over. That destroys anything I've seen on console including anything on the PS3. I guess I will be buyinng this game to see if this is real or not.

Do you want to see how the 360 version looks? Here:

As I said, looks nothing special. Its the official 360 version running on a 360 shown off by crytek whereas everything else is running on the PC with leaked version of the beta, with 360 settings turned on.

Indeed.. nothing special :(

Around the Network
Pjams said:

Digital Foundry said that many of the innovations that Crytek is claiming to have made were already done by Bungie in Halo: Reach. So I expect comparisons will be made between the two.

I thought that Crytek was developing for each console seperately and now it 's pretty obvious that the PS3 got a port, my question is, is Rage being developed for each console or will the PS3 get a gimped port. It seems like in order to fully take advantage of the PS3 archeticture it needs it's own development cycle.

I really doubt that! Look at games like Batman AA and Bulletstorm, even though they are both running Unreal engine, there is minimal performance difference on the PS3/360, only the fanboys and the truly nitpicky would complain about those game. I think it come down to two things really. Familiarity with the engine and familitarity with the console. Crytek was showing off their engine for the first time and delving into PS3 coding for the first time, both are factor again them and I think they did a fairly respectable job. They will improve on their next attempt and the expirience will soon be sublime.

OT, looks actually very nice. However I will be getting this on the PC once DX11 support has been implimented. I need something to benchmark my rig xD

CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:
CGI-Quality said:

^ ^ I've seen that. No doubt it's impressive, just not anything mind blowing.

Except if that is actual console gameplay it has Killzone 3 beat. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Well that's your opinion, which is fine. I just disagree. I'm not sure why you brought KZ3 back up though.

Because you think that is the best looking console game. That clip of single player in the dark in New York no doubt looks better than anything on console its no contest. Will Crysis 2 look like that on console? Probably not.

mantlepiecek said:
tuscaniman said:

IF that is what the 360 version actually looks like then you can call the graphics war over. That destroys anything I've seen on console including anything on the PS3. I guess I will be buyinng this game to see if this is real or not.

Do you want to see how the 360 version looks? Here:

As I said, looks nothing special. Its the official 360 version running on a 360 shown off by crytek whereas everything else is running on the PC with leaked version of the beta, with 360 settings turned on.

The funny thing is. This video looks the same. It's just of a completely uninteresting spot in the game. The quality looks exactly the same as the video you claim is to good for 360.

Well I have a 360. And cant wait to play this a week today. Gamespots video only confirms the videos I posted.

Thankyou.

tuscaniman said:
CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:
CGI-Quality said:

^ ^ I've seen that. No doubt it's impressive, just not anything mind blowing.

Except if that is actual console gameplay it has Killzone 3 beat. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Well that's your opinion, which is fine. I just disagree. I'm not sure why you brought KZ3 back up though.

Because you think that is the best looking console game. That clip of single player in the dark in New York no doubt looks better than anything on console its no contest. Will Crysis 2 look like that on console? Probably not.

CGI thinks its the best / one of the top dawgs and he's supported by the majority of the reviews..

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:
CGI-Quality said:

Raelly? Show me where it said I, me, think Killzone 3 is the best looking console game. Then tell me why it mattered in context to what I said to selnor.

So you've been spouting all this info about Killzone 3 being the best looking console game out there, being a technical marvel, etc and you really don't believe it? Do you have a split personality becuase I could have sworn the past 3 days you have been providing links and explaining to people how Killzone 3 is the best looking console game.

How does that apply to what you have been talking to selnor about? Its very simple. If Killzone 3 is #1 from reviews etc. and you have been saying so the past few days, then Crysis 2 would therefore beat #1 (Killzone 3) if that is in fact what the 360 version will look like. You can deny that footage doesn't look as good in your opinion but its obvious it destroys anything out there on console. I find it hard to believe you even watched that footage of night gameplay. I also find it hard to believe its 360 and when its all said and done its probably PC gameplay max settings. If it looked the exact same and said PC Max Setting above the video you would have agreed it was much better looking but since it says 360 above the video you don't want it to be the best looking. I see how your mind works. A closet PS3 defender even though you won't admit otherwise. I know Crysis 2 is on both platforms but you don't want to see your exclusive babies defeated.

Here is the footage. Do yourself a favor and watch it in 720p full screen. I'm reposting it since I believe you didn't watch it.

CGI-Quality said:
Oblivion86 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Oblivion86 said:
CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

Can you provide a link showing me that Killzone 3 is the best looking FPS out there? I don't remember reading this in any reviews. Official Playstation Mag doesn't count. I want to see it in a non biased review.

Not a problem:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=124035

The Official KZ3 Review Thread right here on our site. MANY reviews said it. I don't think any game has topped how many reviewers called Killzone 3 not only the best looking PS3 game (or FPS on consoles), but the best looking game on consoles period (and make sure to read tthrough the entire thread).

Now even though that's irrelevant, no review has said that for Crysis 2 yet.

The retail game is not even out yet, nor is the DX11 patch so stop with these comparisions..

A DX11 patch means nothing to console owners. We're not talking about console vs PC, but console vs console. Try to keep up.

Edit: And really, if a game needed a patch to be the best looking game on consoles, the game wasn't ready to launch. Since there's never been a case like that, that bit is (again) irrelevant.

We know you're diehard Killzone fanatic, stfu about it already. All I said was that the game isn't out so you can't make any comparisions BECAUSE you haven't played it. I stated about the DX11 because I am personally looking forward to it, your posting in general is irrelevent so please just stop. You type like an undenibly chauvinistic snob and I am honestly tired of reading your repeatedly condescending dribble.

That's funny, I didn't mention KZ3 in a reply to you. I made it simple that DX11 means nothing to console owners.

As for your flaming, you probably know what results from that.

I'm sorry someone tells the truth about you trolling every thread and you cry to the mods, I'm sorry if what I said hit home for you because it 100% true I've had several people agree with me in this thread. You are down putting everyone elses comments as irrelevent when the fact that your every post in this thread and so many others are entirely irrelevent. Also, I don't care if you have 50,000 posts you still don't have the right to type and insult the way you do with no reprocussions, enjoy your vacation.

CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

So you've been spouting all this info about Killzone 3 being the best looking console game out there, being a technical marvel, etc and you really don't believe it? Do you have a split personality becuase I could have sworn the past 3 days you have been providing links and explaining to people how Killzone 3 is the best looking console game.

How does that apply to what you have been talking to selnor about? Its very simple. If Killzone 3 is #1 from reviews etc. and you have been saying so the past few days, then Crysis 2 would therefore beat #1 (Killzone 3) if that is in fact what the 360 version will look like. You can deny that footage doesn't look as good in your opinion but its obvious it destroys anything out there on console. I find it hard to believe you even watched that footage of night gameplay. I also find it hard to believe its 360 and when its all said and done its probably PC gameplay max settings. If it looked the exact same and said PC Max Setting above the video you would have agreed it was much better looking but since it says 360 above the video you don't want it to be the best looking. I see how your mind works. A closet PS3 defender even though you won't admit otherwise.

I've said plenty of times that the industry calls KZ3 the new benchmark, but I have my own personal preference in top console visuals. The links only serve to prove a point. What I don't understand is your flamebait comment when selnor and I's discussion had moved far beyond the pointless bickering about KZ3 or whatever else.

As I've said, I don't personally think it looks better than some other games already out, you do. There isn't a problem with that. The problem arises from your attitude. You can call me whatever you want (as judging by your last few sentences, you have thrown out petty insults), but here's how I see it: you seem to be threatened by the idea that not everyone thinks that footage is benchmark setting. There's nothing you can do about an opinion, and continuing to pointlessly derail the thread won't change anything.

Edit: Adding a video (that I've already watched) will not change anything. Just accept that not everyone thinks that looks as good as you do.

Well you're the only one who has commented on it besides me so by "everyone" you mean you. How old are you? What do you do for a living that makes you the end of be all of graphics discussions? And if you think my last post had insults in it then I feel sorry for what you feel like when you step out into the real world. Go ahead and report me. If I get banned for typing what I did that just shows how petty this website and its mods are, and not my post.

Edit: Yeah,you can go ahead and end the discussion. That was PC footage since I found the exact same vid that explains its PC. So if you honestly believe that Killzone 3/Uncharted 2/Heavy Rain on outdated 5 year old hardware is better than Crysis 2 on PC max settings then you truly are delusional.

tuscaniman said:
CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

How does that apply to what you have been talking to selnor about? Its very simple. If Killzone 3 is #1 from reviews etc. and you have been saying so the past few days, then Crysis 2 would therefore beat #1 (Killzone 3) if that is in fact what the 360 version will look like. You can deny that footage doesn't look as good in your opinion but its obvious it destroys anything out there on console. I find it hard to believe you even watched that footage of night gameplay. I also find it hard to believe its 360 and when its all said and done its probably PC gameplay max settings. If it looked the exact same and said PC Max Setting above the video you would have agreed it was much better looking but since it says 360 above the video you don't want it to be the best looking. I see how your mind works. A closet PS3 defender even though you won't admit otherwise.

I've said plenty of times that the industry calls KZ3 the new benchmark, but I have my own personal preference in top console visuals. The links only serve to prove a point. What I don't understand is your flamebait comment when selnor and I's discussion had moved far beyond the pointless bickering about KZ3 or whatever else.

As I've said, I don't personally think it looks better than some other games already out, you do. There isn't a problem with that. The problem arises from your attitude. You can call me whatever you want (as judging by your last few sentences, you have thrown out petty insults), but here's how I see it: you seem to be threatened by the idea that not everyone thinks that footage is benchmark setting. There's nothing you can do about an opinion, and continuing to pointlessly derail the thread won't change anything.

Edit: Adding a video (that I've already watched) will not change anything. Just accept that not everyone thinks that looks as good as you do.

Well you're the only one who has commented on it besides me so by "everyone" you mean you. How old are you? What do you do for a living that makes you the end of be all of graphics discussions? And if you think my last post had insults in it then I feel sorry for what you feel like when you step out into the real world. Go ahead and report me. If I get banned for typing what I did that just shows how petty this website and its mods are, and not my post.

Look yet another person that is tired of your degrading dribble, I feel sorry for you CGI because I can't imagine how worthless your real life must be. Please everyone who is tired of his condescending snobbish remarks report him, I am tired of it.

CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman said:

My age is irrelevant. What I do for a living is irrelevant. Never claimed to be the "end all, be all" of graphics discussions either. My view is mine and strictly that. If people agree, that just means they agree.

The debate seems to be dying though, so I can conclude my end by saying you have your view, I have mine. All is well.

Yeah the debate is over. Read my edit. It was PC Max Settings.