By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Popular games that you don't like/don't understand the hype

Angry Birds: I really can't understand why it's so damn popular. >_> Some levels were fun but the majority of them was mediocre and some was just terrible.

Halo CE: I have only played the first one and...I never really got into it. I'll play it again sometime, or try out any of the sequels to see if it can hook me.

Heavy Rain: I don't know if HR counts as a popular or hyped game but I couldn't get through the demo before giving up on it. Crappy tank controls and a storm of QTE's...*shrugs* I really do like Adventure games in general but I just can't get myself to like this one...I might revisit it some other time though and see if it gets any better.

Around the Network

FPS especially HALO & COD series

GTA4, God of war 3 and MGS 4

pokemon

Gears of War

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Halo

Mario

Killzone

Zelda

and everything else anyone likes here. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

haxxiy said:

Call of Duty

Zelda

Wii series

Half-life

There hasn't been a Half-Life game in almost a decade.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii- why people are paying 50 bucks for a 2d mario game with no online component(its 2011, people!) multiplayer that imo just screams laziness(two toads, you could have at least had the Warios) its not even the best 2d Mario, that honor goes to Mario 3 followed closey by World. Better off just playing those again. or get one of the Galaxy games (love those)

Mario Kart Wii IMHO if that thing didnt come wiht that cheap wheel no one would care as much. I get that the online is good but the game itself feels like a step back from DD. the DD element added strategy imo. Mario Kart Wii lacks that. Mario Kart DS is just a rehash of old Kart levels, dont see why this is so popular

Halo- got bored after the 2nd one. 3 was just a better looking version of 2 to me. skipped ODST played Reach, it just felt sluggish to me. I think COD spoliled me.

COD 4 was great. MW2 was a huge letdown. worst story ive seen for a game in some time. spec ops mode sucked. online was unbalanced. maps werent all that. DLC was expensive. Black OPs is better but this series shouldnt be that popular

Gran Turismo-I tried to play it when it first came out on PS1(girlfriend at the time loved it) but man I was bored. too much simulation for me.

Around the Network

Can't believe i forgot GTA 4. I loved number 3, but 4 bored me

Portal and BioShock.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

all new 2d platformers

fallout 3/new vegas

final fantasy series.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

i know i will get a lot of hate for this but this is just my opinion.

Pokemon, Gears of War 1&2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassins Creed Brotherhood and many others

I trust no one, not even myself.

Red Dead Redemption!!! :(

I trust no one, not even myself.