By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Popular games that you don't like/don't understand the hype

So I've decided that due to chris.m95's thread here --> http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=125792&page=1, that it might be a good idea to get these opinions out in the open.

In case you don't understand this thread is for you to post your opinions about popular games that you find overrated and unworthy of the praise they get.

I'll start, I think that ever since Call of Duty 4, the Call of Duty franchise has become completely overrated and although the leveling system in multiplayer is outstanding it should not be as popular as it is, it's stealing the limelight from other great games that aren't as mainstream but are still worthy of praise. Now thats not to say that I don't like COD or don't play it, but I think we can all admit that it is indeed overrated.

Around the Network

I think Gears of War fits that discription mainly due to the fact, that I don't understand hype for that game. Given I am SP gamer first, and Gears of War seems to MP focused. Still people hype the SP experience as well, and it really isn't that great of game SP wise. 

RolStoppable said:

Everything on the 360 and the PS3, except Heavy Rain and Metal Gear Solid 4.

This.

And I'm not trying to troll.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Immortal said:
RolStoppable said:

This.

You'd like quite a few XBLA titles, I'm sure.

Every game released this gen that wasn't called Brutal Legend or No More Heroes. Oh yeah, those games weren't hyped.

The last game I was actually hyped for was Twilight Princess 5 years ago.

Khuutra said:

You'd like quite a few XBLA titles, I'm sure.

I guess I'll take your word for that. It took a while for me to get hooked to Nintendo this generation so I doubt I'd manage to do the same with much else.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
RolStoppable said:

This.

Really? Not even a single game you'd like to at least try? Wow you're a harsh critic :P

Call of Duty

Zelda

Wii series

Half-life