By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Popular games that you don't like/don't understand the hype

Little Big Planet 2: I got the collector's edition. I honestly thought this was going to be good. The series got so much praise but I soon found out that it's for a certain audience. The game bored me to tears. I cannot understand how people like it honestly.

Limbo: I've said this so many times. The game, other than the awesome presentation, has nothing going for it. It didn't introduce anything special nor anything I haven't already played in a platformer.

Oblivion and Fallout: Betheda(I think that's what they're called) have this weird formula for games that I cannot comprehend or enjoy.

... I do however understand FF XIII's success but I would probably get banned if I expressed it.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

Little Big Planet 2: I got the collector's edition. I honestly thought this was going to be good. The series got so much praise but I soon found out that it's for a certain audience. The game bored me to tears. I cannot understand how people like it honestly.

Limbo: I've said this so many times. The game, other than the awesome presentation, has nothing going for it. It didn't introduce anything special nor anything I haven't already played in a platformer.

Oblivion and Fallout: Betheda(I think that's what they're called) have this weird formula for games that I cannot comprehend or enjoy.

... I do however understand FF XIII's success but I would probably get banned if I expressed it.

Bethesda my dear ... they called Bethesda,

One of the most overrated developer of all time , their formula doesn't appeal to me to which is ok ,  but I'd never understand how can all the reviews and fans overlook so many flaws in their games , but I'm not here to argue with anyone -_-

I like the FPS genre, infact it's one of my favorite genres

Not speaking for other FPS kind of games like, SIngle player experience like BioShock, or great Co-op/Multiply games like Left 4 Dead or Halo 3 or Reach (class based Halo). But...

Modern warfare games.. How many more can people play?????? I got my fill with COD4, and I can understand buying another modern warfare game like COD MW 2... some Battlefield but after that... wouldn't they get sick of it? But noooo COD BO sold massively. I don't get that. I'd get sick to my stomache playing a game that's well that similair. I don't get them.

That's my only problem. I don't think it's over-rated, just think that they would be over-played by now, like people would've moved unto something different.

I guess not.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Oh also most hack and slash games, the only one I could actually play was Darksiders. Really don't see the appeal of God of War other than the colossal bosses. Other than that I find hack and slash boring, also Ninja Gaiden II was pretty good.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Basically all the modern WRPGS (ME, Fallout 3, DA2) as well as shooters like COD and Halo and Gears. It should be noted I understand the appeal of the titles (allowing people with no game experience pretend that they HARDCORE GAMERS and aren't playing games more casual than wii sports). It just makes me very sad for the future of games. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
VXIII said:
hatmoza said:

Bethesda my dear ... they called Bethesda,

One of the most overrated developer of all time , their formula doesn't appeal to me to which is ok ,  but I'd never understand how can all the reviews and fans overlook so many flaws in their games , but I'm not here to argue with anyone -_-

Yea their formula of glitchy, broken games that still get favorable reviews doesn't appeal to me either.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

zgamer5 said:

final fantasy series.

What don't you get about FF?

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

i almost forgot about Metroid. I played Metroid 2 (the Game Boy one) years ago. I remember being very bored with it. I wouldnt play another Metroid game till the original Prime. I wanted to like it, it wasnt like the game was bad quite the opposite. but IMO it was just a boring FPS. I tried to play it more, but was just too bored. The DS one is alright considering the time it came out. Ironically i like Other M, even though thats probably the most hated game in the series, im weird like that. (Played the SNES one once. its pretty good)

I can always understand why a certain game is hyped or liked, just because I dislike it, it does't mean that it's flaws or pros can't be overlooked or praised more based on that specific persons taste.

I hate Red Dead Redemption, but I understand why it was hyped and why it is liked, the same thing applies to Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors or Grand Theft Auto.

Also, I'm not immature enough to troll a whole consoles library by saying none of them are interesting, without knowing anything about them or playing them.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

^^^^Amen to your last point.