By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Popular games that you don't like/don't understand the hype

welcome to:

===== http://www.clothes6.org  ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $15

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $15

New era cap $12

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20

accept paypal and free shipping

====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

http://www.clothes6.org

Around the Network
oniyide said:

i almost forgot about Metroid. I played Metroid 2 (the Game Boy one) years ago. I remember being very bored with it. I wouldnt play another Metroid game till the original Prime. I wanted to like it, it wasnt like the game was bad quite the opposite. but IMO it was just a boring FPS. I tried to play it more, but was just too bored. The DS one is alright considering the time it came out. Ironically i like Other M, even though thats probably the most hated game in the series, im weird like that. (Played the SNES one once. its pretty good)

To be fair, among most Metroid fans... Metroid 2 is regarded as the worst in the series.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

MW2/BO of course, gets way too much praise for being what we've seen since counter-strike and they're exactly the same as the first MW.

MW2 = Copy of MW

BO = copy of a copy

Other shooting games I think are overrated are Killzone-series, GoW-series, Halo-series, Battlefield-series. All just feel like a graphical pissing contest to me, without any worthwhile new ideas. They have one good idea that they just use in the next 3 games in the series with minor graphical updates and they sell overpriced-DLC, like map packs containing maps from the earlier game...

I also dislike nintendo's rotation of the same games, Zelda peaked in OoT for N64 and Mario in SMB3 for NES. Pokemon is also the most overrated series imo, I got bored of it after the first game I had for Gameboy Color 10 years ago. I have no interest in metroid.

Bethesda/Obsidian for ruining Fallout by making it an oblivion-clone, the customization is simplistic and roleplaying aspect is as weak as Oblivions was. It also has some horrible voice-actors straight from oblivion.

FFXIII for having a terrible storyline/Characters and the game was just a long pipe-run, I'm still struggling to finish the damn thing! I stopped playing during chapter 12. I also dislike the automated battles, they could have added some AI-control commands like in Dragon Age Origins, FGS! and when PC-dies = game over, I hate that too.

Bayonetta, too much fanservice for my taste and yet again terrible storyline/characters.

Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors = Recycle, recycle, recycle...

Motion Control/Casual-games, I'd prefer if devs would use their cash trying to make a good videogame in all aspects (with awesome story/characters, solid gameplay and lot of content) rather than a casual: "It's fun for 15 minutes, after that you've seen all it has to offer"-games.

Pretty much everything ever released by Rockstar

Of the titles I own, definitely GTAIV and Red Dead Redeption.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Gran Turismo= never understood the popularity of this game

Super mario brothers Wii= mediocre at best, missing so many features big games should have.

Demon souls= Hoorible game hidden through difficulty.

ICO= never got it

Any Final fantasy espacially 7, my god what trashy story. 

Monster Hunter = popular does not make things good, horrible camera, controls, just plain messy. 

I can't comment on COD, I havent bought one since COD4. 

LBP= Little big online mess.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Let's see...

Final Fantasy 9: It's an ok game, but it's a disgrace compared to the rest of the series, horrible story, cliched characters, boring battle system

Dragon Quest 8: Worst game I've played, and let's leave it to that

Halo CE: To be fair, I hate most FPSes, and this one epitomizes all I hate about the genre

Super Mario games (and SM64 in particular): I just can't get into them, I hate the total lack of anything like a story, and the mechanics don't feel right to me, it's just not fun

Zelda OOT: The game was good, but it was just that, I never understood why they call it one of the best games ever, it's a good game with a world that never really got interesting

Mass Effect: Ok, I don't like shooters and I don't like WRPGs, I tried to like this one, but I didn't get hooked at all. Plus, it was very glitchy

Okami: I dunno if it's superhyped, but everyone says that it's an amazing game. I liked the art style, but it was boring, you'd do the same over and over again

Pokemon Diamond: I like the older pokemon games, but by this one the series had already become really stale and the new pokemons sucked

Metal Gear Solid 3: I didn't like the gameplay changes, it tried to do too much, I preferred the simplicity of MGS1 and 2

i dont get why fable gets hyped. I played the first and really liked it it was interesting and enjoyable but the series skyrocketed downhill afterwards and must be put to sleep and never revieved. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

zexen_lowe said:

Let's see...

Final Fantasy 9: It's an ok game, but it's a disgrace compared to the rest of the series, horrible story, cliched characters, boring battle system

(gets out my pitch fork).  I've always thought FF9 was underrated.  Recently, though, it has gained some popularity.  It does remain one of my favorite games ever.

OT:  For me, it's about 95% of FPS games.  I find it sad that the new generation of gamers close themselves off to anything that's non an FPS / TPS.  I personally get very bored playing FPS games compared to other genres.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
zexen_lowe said:

Let's see...

(gets out my pitch fork).  I've always thought FF9 was underrated.  Recently, though, it has gained some popularity.  It does remain one of my favorite games ever.

It has the highest metacritic of any FF ever, so I doubt it is