By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Popular games that you don't like/don't understand the hype

Left 4 Dead 2, a glorified expansion and terrible A.I. Your A.I. partners won't do shit to revive you, while in the previous game they were very helpful, funny as hell LFD2 took so many steps backwards, oh and the new characters sucked.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:

Let's see...

Final Fantasy 9: It's an ok game, but it's a disgrace compared to the rest of the series, horrible story, cliched characters, boring battle system

Dragon Quest 8: Worst game I've played, and let's leave it to that

Okami: I dunno if it's superhyped, but everyone says that it's an amazing game. I liked the art style, but it was boring, you'd do the same over and over again

Metal Gear Solid 3: I didn't like the gameplay changes, it tried to do too much, I preferred the simplicity of MGS1 and 2

These are some of he Best Games ever made.

FFIX is considered by meany including Sakaguchi Hironobu san himself to be one of the best in the Final Fantasy Series and it is Sakaguchi san's personal favorite and the first traditional FInal Fantasy since Final Fantasy V or IV depending on who you talk to.

Dragon Quest VIII is on of the best Dragon Quest Games ever made and one of the beat Japanese RPGs ever made.

Okami is one of the ultimate examples of Gaming at its purest sense and one of the most beautiful Games ever made and also a testament to what the current Gen lacks. 

Metal Gear Solid 3 like all other Metal Gear and Meal Gear Solid Games is a masterpiece.               

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Speaking just this gen, the one that stands out the most to me is Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Also, for anyone who said Bioshock, I'm sending a Big Daddy your way! 

Mario since it went 3D, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros, and mostly any Nintendo game

Final Fantasy games, JRPGs, and in general RPGs

Hack and slash games like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, with the exception of God of War

Fighting games with the exception or realistic boxing games

THere are very few games that are well-liked but that I can't understand why they're so liked; in fact, I can't think of any offhand.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy IX, VII, IV, Pikmin, some Zelda games (ALttP, OoT), Dragon Quest games, Battlefield and Call of Duty games, Gears of War... that about covers it.

Since I only play Nintendo, I feel obligated to only list from Nintendo:

Pikmin

Star Fox

F-Zero

Metroid

Fire Emblem

hikaruchan said:
zgamer5 said:

final fantasy series.

What don't you get about FF?

why western men have a fetish for boys that look like girls.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Halo and well just about all FPS. Couple good ones, but there are so many now.THis is kind of funny really. I love Contra/Sin & Punishment/Star Fox and other games like these.

GT- I enjoyed the first  one even bought the 2nd one.After that yawn

3D Zelda- Just no. How a company can manage to make me dislike anything to do with a series  once in my top 5 is beyond me.

Need for Speed- Hasnt been a good one since PS1

GTA and games like it.- I just dont see the point and find them boring.

Star Craft- This is just mostly the genre.

Metal Gear

Monster Hunter- You would think I would love a game about hunting huge monsters, but no couldnt stand it

The Sims- all my GF's have liked it a lot. I find it boring.

WRPG's in general

Rockband/GH - brother enjoys them like they are crack. I played maybe one song and just walked away.

Pikman- Dont think i have ever disliked a Nintendo series as much as this one. The fact it may be one of the last bigger releases along with Zelda on Wii depresses me.

Im sure I could add to this list, but I think this is enough.

all kinect, majority of wii and most of the psmove exclusive (not games like killzone, ruse, RE5) games.

fallout 3, new vegas (crap graphics, bugs glitches)

all games using source engine (outdated - no fun)

mario (most milked game in history? copy paste, too easy, lame story)

final fantasy - just doesnt interest me at all.

i thought COD4 was good and MW2 was ok. black ops = fail, you can get more recoil firing a paintball gun.

i would have put halo CE but because i played it late i dont think it would be fair.