By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Popular games that you don't like/don't understand the hype

mibuokami said:

Really? Not even a single game you'd like to at least try? Wow you're a harsh critic :P

Well, I've tried a few PS3 titles here and there (not enough to actually judge the games, mind you) and I didn't exactly fall in love with them. I haven't seen anything on 360 that interests me at all except Kinect (which I tried and didn't enjoy either... must be my fanboyishness) since, y'know, it's a shooterbox with no other games, :P.

So my hatred is only mostly unreasonable, not completely, xD.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Call of Duty

Zelda

Wii series

Half-life

I've never seen a wii-series game get hyped up.

pretty  much the entire FPS genre 

Immortal said:
mibuokami said:

Really? Not even a single game you'd like to at least try? Wow you're a harsh critic :P

Well, I've tried a few PS3 titles here and there (not enough to actually judge the games, mind you) and I didn't exactly fall in love with them. I haven't seen anything on 360 that interests me at all except Kinect (which I tried and didn't enjoy either... must be my fanboyishness) since, y'know, it's a shooterbox with no other games, :P.

So my hatred is only mostly unreasonable, not completely, xD.

Ah! I understand! Irrational hatred is what make us human, be proud that you can officially call yourself a human being :P

Incidently, I will be joining you as a human being as I recently developed an irrational and all consuming hatred of left handed mongolians who prefer to ride horses backward. Damn those left hand backward horse riding mongolians!

*Shake fist*

Final Fantasy X, The worst final fantasy game I ever played.

-

Around the Network
Acevil said:

I think Gears of War fits that discription mainly due to the fact, that I don't understand hype for that game. Given I am SP gamer first, and Gears of War seems to MP focused. Still people hype the SP experience as well, and it really isn't that great of game SP wise. 

You're not alone on that one. I didn't think the Gears of War SP was all that either. The first one was great, just not amazing.

OT: COD since MW, to some extent Halo, and God of War. This generation, that's how it is so far.

It's not that I don't LIKE them, I just never understood the hype.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Call Of Duty FTW!!!

Call of Duty.

COD 4 Modern Warfare was incredible at the time but since then the series graphically hasn't gotten any better at all, multiplayer has become a mess of glitching, cheating, and just overall spamming.  And the SP campaigns have pretty much just been an on rails frag fest with virtually no story of any worth. 

Gears of War and God of War. Great looking games, but I just can't bare to play them. Maybe it's something to do with camera angles or something :/

GTA.