By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Brink just became the greatest game ever

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Less powerful snipers. Great!

But did they make the graphics even more cartoon/cel-shaded?

No, they've always looked that way, they just look DAMN good now! I've had my eye on this since they first unveiled it, and it remains a Day 1 buy!

Uhm... cool. Brink loans much from ET: Quake Wars, my favorite shooter of all time, so the objective based team & based gameplay is going to be insanely good. But the graphics style... do you like cel-shaded? Did you like Borderlands?

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
goforgold said:
Zkuq said:

I'm pretty cautions with them nerfing snipers and strengthening hip-shooting. So far I've liked almost everything I've heard about this game but now I'm not so sure anymore. It really sounded pretty casual-focused this time. Guess I'll just have to trust Splash Damage here, I really liked their previous games.

are you joking, it was one hit kills, super snipers, and HAVE to aim down sights that casualized multiplayer shooters.

this game is gonna be way more skill based.

Funny, I've never had a problem with one-hit kills or effective snipers. Naturally in some games there are some maps that really favor snipers but that's bad map design, not necessarily game design. And I'm not saying aiming down the sights should be the most effective course of action in all cases, I just don't think making shooting from the hip equally effective to be a very nice idea. And I'm not sure where you got the idea that the things I mentioned casualized multiplayer shooters. There are other ways than just the CoD way to handle those things.

I've always had a problem with it, it reduces all conflict to simply see the enemy first and there isn't any skill in that. And also promotes massive camping and that NEVER gets fun.

and having someone run into you at close range and seeing all of your bullets take 90 degree turns simply because your firing from the hip is fundamentally stupid. There is no such thing as relative bullet spread, the only reason bullets are inaccurate while firing from the hip is simply because you don't know where the barrel of your gun is, when you aim down the sights you then know exactly where the barrel of your gun is leading to more accurate shots. The thing about shooters is with the cross-hair you ALWAYS know where the barrel of you gun is, and I don't see the big deal about firing from the hip.

Mythe said:

idk... sounds kinda lame if there are no one hit kills.... if i shoot someone in the head and they don't die i'd be pretty pissed.

This

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory only had hip-shooting (except for the sniper rifle) and it's a great game and anything but casual. In Quake Wars you only need to aim down the sight at long to mid range, and it was a great hardcore game as well. And in both those games you need 3 headshots to kill somebody (or 5-6 bodyshots).

Narishma said:

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory only had hip-shooting (except for the sniper rifle) and it's a great game and anything but casual. In Quake Wars you only need to aim down the sight at long to mid range, and it was a great hardcore game as well. And in both those games you need 3 headshots to kill somebody (or 5-6 bodyshots).

True, but not everything was equally effective in those games. This time, it seems like they're going to make everything more or less equally effective. And there were practically one-hit kills in both of those games and it was never an issue.

Around the Network

I love the artstyle of this game

Brink just became Chrono Trigger?

I'm not one for reading OP's, clicking videos, or gettin' the gist of things.

No one hit kills? Pass ;)

I'm the sniper type he's talking about, I'm using sights 95% of the time in any shooter that you can use it in them.

I'm sold on this game, just now I need a friend to get it with me. 

Lol I thought the exact same thing then I played the closed beta. Ouch prepare to be disappointed and thats all I'm going to say.