By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Brink just became the greatest game ever

goforgold said:

I've always had a problem with it, it reduces all conflict to simply see the enemy first and there isn't any skill in that. And also promotes massive camping and that NEVER gets fun.

and having someone run into you at close range and seeing all of your bullets take 90 degree turns simply because your firing from the hip is fundamentally stupid. There is no such thing as relative bullet spread, the only reason bullets are inaccurate while firing from the hip is simply because you don't know where the barrel of your gun is, when you aim down the sights you then know exactly where the barrel of your gun is leading to more accurate shots. The thing about shooters is with the cross-hair you ALWAYS know where the barrel of you gun is, and I don't see the big deal about firing from the hip.

STFU, where does that happen?

Around the Network
ithis said:
goforgold said:

I've always had a problem with it, it reduces all conflict to simply see the enemy first and there isn't any skill in that. And also promotes massive camping and that NEVER gets fun.

and having someone run into you at close range and seeing all of your bullets take 90 degree turns simply because your firing from the hip is fundamentally stupid. There is no such thing as relative bullet spread, the only reason bullets are inaccurate while firing from the hip is simply because you don't know where the barrel of your gun is, when you aim down the sights you then know exactly where the barrel of your gun is leading to more accurate shots. The thing about shooters is with the cross-hair you ALWAYS know where the barrel of you gun is, and I don't see the big deal about firing from the hip.

STFU, where does that happen?

call of duty (all of them), battlefield bad company 2, and MAG (the worst of them all after a patch) just to name a few

goforgold said:

call of duty (all of them), battlefield bad company 2, and MAG (the worst of them all after a patch) just to name a few

I haven't had much of a chance to try BC2 or MAG but at least in the first CoD I don't remember such problems. Seems you really don't have much MP experience outside of this gen, or care to name some examples?

Zkuq said:
goforgold said:

I haven't had much of a chance to try BC2 or MAG but at least in the first CoD I don't remember such problems. Seems you really don't have much MP experience outside of this gen, or care to name some examples?

in the first COD...yeah. which means you noticed it in all the others, and your ignoring it in the first since all the games where built off the first -_-

your second statement is a failed insult because COD 4 was the FIRST game to intentionally nurf hip fire. So it seems YOU have no multiplayer experience outside of this gen, (which is common, people who have know idea what their talking about talking about things as if they do, it's sad...but what can you do)

And example......ok ummm how bout to damn perk in COD that makes you more accurate when firing from the hip. Makes you think how they INTENTIONALLY nurfed hip fire to make that perk useless dont-cha-think. Try removing it and shooing from the hip you'll see what I'm talking about.

Actually I have very little experience INSIDE this gen, but much more before. Precisely the reason why I brought up the first CoD and not the rest.

Around the Network

I've been excited about this game since the August 2009 OXM edition, where they had a special preview on it. To be honest. It's been a year and a half now. I just don't care anymore.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

ehhh, not sure how to feel about this. seems like it will be more balanced and frendlier to those just starting out, but the "no one0hit kill" thing doesnt have me super excited. spose ill wait for some reviews.

Mythe said:

idk... sounds kinda lame if there are no one hit kills.... if i shoot someone in the head and they don't die i'd be pretty pissed.

With the amount of emphasis they seem to be putting on being able to fire from the hip, that'd probably be a bad idea.

Anyways, not sure what to say. This game seems to scream "HEY COD PLAYERS, COME HITHER!"  Games where hipfire is too effective can easily become spray'n'pray fests.

Hipfire is good in BC2 at close range, but because the maps are so damn huge it's hardly ever a good idea.

Hipfire is almost always the better choice in most CoD games because the maps are small as hell and players drop like flies due to being killed in 1-3 shots.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

should all fps have to follow the same formula? if its good its good, it just offers a different play experience than your typical fps nothing wrong with that.

wait so does no 1 hit kills mean that we're back to

Bazooka >>> punch? oh that's so lame ^^ I'm gonna miss the days of knifing without skill ^^

on the one hit kill snipers... this will always be a problem until there is partitioned body damage... if it's a headshot fine, but dying from a foot shot....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO