By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic's next victim

I don't blame PC gamers for being mad, it does feel dumbed down, compared to the first one. It basically takes a lot from Mass Effect, but doesn't really seem to execute that well either. 

My opinion might change, when I play more. 

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Boutros said:
yo_john117 said:

Why are the PC boys so uppity with this game?

Because it is said that the game was "dumbed down" for consoles.

Why of course it is >_>

Well the first Dragon Age was made with the PC version as the main focus but it's the other way around with Dragon Age II or so it seems.

Everyone hatin'

And lol at ps3 user score. Did someone forget to tell the 360 crowd DA2 wasn't a playstation exclusive?

Boutros said:
yo_john117 said:
Boutros said:
yo_john117 said:

Why of course it is >_>

Well the first Dragon Age was made with the PC version as the main focus but it's the other way around with Dragon Age II or so it seems.

Ah ok I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't be happy.

Boutros said:
yo_john117 said:

that isn't true, while the console versions play like a hack and slash, the PC version plays exactly like the old game.

Around the Network
patapon said:

Everyone hatin'

And lol at ps3 user score. Did someone forget to tell the 360 crowd DA2 wasn't a playstation exclusive?

seems like the ps3 crowd didn't realize its not a 360 exclusive either. O well i guess fanboys will be fanboys...

enrageorange said:
patapon said:

Everyone hatin'

seems like the ps3 crowd didn't realize its not a 360 exclusive either. O well i guess fanboys will be fanboys...

Mistake 1: Took me srsly

Mistake 2: See mistake 1

That's too bad, I've got the game but I haven't started playing it yet. I'm pretty sure I will still enjoy it, it just might not match up to DA1.

PullusPardus said:
Boutros said:
yo_john117 said:

that isn't true, while the console versions play like a hack and slash, the PC version plays exactly like the old game.

"Despite what you may have heard, Dragon Age II on PC does not have the same tactical pause-and-play combat as its predecessor. The battle system is essentially ported straight from the console iterations."

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dragon_age_ii/b/pc/archive/2011/03/08/dragon-age-ii-pc-review-a-port-caught-in-the-middle.aspx

Snesboy said:
Boutros said:
noname2200 said:
Boutros said:

Someone pissed off the PC community.

Yeah, Bioware, but what else is new?

I thought the PC community was dead.

Only Bioware knows how to bring them back!

And Blizzard Entertainment. The best company ever. <3

We'll see if they dumb down Diablo3...