By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic's next victim

Boutros said:
zarx said:

why are we blaming this on the PC community? from reading user reviews it seems people on all platforms are finding a lot to hate, in fact it seems like PS3 users are the ones that are really tearing the game a new one, and the PC version has the most positive user reviews.

There's always someone to blame.

It's less troublesome to blame the PC community. No one ever disagrees.

ok...

I will just go cry in the corner then and get out of your way

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

people actually trust metacritic?

seriously... people actually take notice of user views? I personally don't take notice

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:

seriously... people actually take notice of user views? I personally don't take notice

Well, when the differences are so much they have to be taken notice. Pretty much everyone is flaming this game and its not even an exclusive so its not like someone has an agenda or something, besides there are some really good user reviews, especially from the PC gamers reviews on metacritics. They explain how many levels are re-used, and to me that's settled the decision. I won't be getting this game.

Reviews have been biased before for some games its no wonder some people think developers/publishers paid for it, Call of duty is the first one that comes to mind, this one feels suspiciously similar.

pezus said:

Crysis 2 (PC/PS3) to be next up on the hate train.

You forgot to include Xbox360 in there.

Crysis 2 PC version is also a port from its console counterpart.

Around the Network

i think reviews should stop giving scores all together.

1) Scores are impossible to compare with other games on the market. (you wouldnt compare a pc game do a ds game)

2) Scores are impossible to use as a comparison between games on the same platform. (you wouldnt compare halo to limbo)

3) Scores do not represent differences between an original game and its sequel. (ton of improved sequels getting lower scores than predecesor while other games are getting worse but are beating the scores of their predecessors)

they are good for nothing, have zero accuracy and all it leads to are rants.

i prefer reviewers telling us about the gameplay mechanics, basic plot (without spoilers) and show us the graphics....from that we can all decide our selves and there will be no need for biased comments or emotions and more importantly no randomly picked scores (because thats what they are....random, you cant convert qualitative information into numeric without bias)

Galaki said:
pezus said:

Crysis 2 (PC/PS3) to be next up on the hate train.

You forgot to include Xbox360 in there.

Crysis 2 PC version is also a port from its console counterpart.

Meh you overestimate Crysis. Most people only treated the first game as funny benchmark to measure computer power and almost noone cares about it as a game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I've enjoyed DA1a lot on my PS3. However, after I saw the PC version, I was definitely disappointed with my purchase and I was planning to get the PC version this time. If they changed the interface to clone the console version, I can clearly understand why PC gamers will consider this game a rather poor sequel.

It makes much more sense that this game is just objectively bad. Occams razor folks.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Zlejedi said:

Meh you overestimate Crysis. Most people only treated the first game as funny benchmark to measure computer power and almost noone cares about it as a game.

False.  It's actually a pretty damn good shooter, and it's disappointing most people go into it expecting flashy graphics and nothing else.

OT:

Everything I've heard about DAII implies it's a lesser game compared to the original, even on consoles.  Making the PC version nothing more than a better looking console version makes it all the worse.

Though I'm not sure how true that is.