By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EARLY Killzone 3 Week 1 Estimates in - 500K!

EARLY Killzone 3 Week 1 Estimates in - 500K!

Good 92 26.82%

Meh 128 37.32%

Crap 93 27.11%

trololol I'm a robot so no opinion! 30 8.75%

Total:343

Ive seen many adverts for it here in Germany, but they were totally crap, but all my friends love it so far, i think it will benefit from very good word of mouth

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:

These disappointing sales are not worthy of an exclamation point!

Hopefully it shows better legs than Killzone 2.

Disappointing? didn't we all expect lower week 1's

given the reception killzone 2 got (many people thinking it was overhyped and not liking the controls) i guess it's not surprising.  after playing Killzone 3 though it difinately deserves so much more.

played it with move and at first found it awkward, being used to a controller but once i got used to it, it difinately felt better than Killzone 2 and any other shooter I have played to date.  I may still need to come of the thrill of playing but right now it is right up there with Uncharted 2 as being one of the best games I have ever played.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

I think people forget the utterly massive hype train behind killzone 2. And then the controls turned people away. This will be the opposite. Worse opening, better legs. 3- 3.5 million WW.

Or it could be a total flop, who knows.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

So this means Wii wins worldwide again this week?

Above: still the best game of the year.

darthdevidem01 said:

Holiday season is Resistance 3 mania time.

They couldn't have 2 major 1st party FPS' unless Resistance 3 had to be delayed (but its already been through a 3 year dev cycle)

That is an issue, yes, but I'm sure they could've figured something out.

Ultimately, the game was mishandled.  It was not given enough development time, and was released near too many other titles in one of the slowest seasons of the year.

I'm hoping the game will do better than I expect thanks to legs, but at this point I doubt the game will top 3 million.

Even a summer release probably would've been better, given that window still seems pretty quiet, and an axtra several months probably would've allowed GG to release a complete game, rather than one missing features AFTER getting huge post-launch patches.

Around the Network

But what i find interesting is, that its in the Top 10 of every amazon bestseller list, and the user reviews are very good 4 1/2-5 stars thats better than killzone 2 !

hopefully it has good legs and sell over 40k in japan

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

They couldn't have 2 major 1st party FPS' unless Resistance 3 had to be delayed (but its already been through a 3 year dev cycle)

Ultimately, the game was mishandled.  It was not given enough development time, and was released near too many other titles in one of the slowest seasons of the year.

I'm hoping the game will do better than I expect thanks to legs, but at this point I doubt the game will top 3 million.

Even a summer release probably would've been better, given that window still seems pretty quiet, and an axtra several months probably would've allowed GG to release a complete game, rather than one missing features AFTER getting huge post-launch patches.

I doubt it's a Killzone issue though, look at LBP 2, i expected better numbers there too. I'm just not feeling so many sequals. I am craving something new already. I feel sorry for Uncharted, thank God it gets a november release.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I doubt it's a Killzone issue though, look at LBP 2, i expected better numbers there too. I'm just not feeling so many sequals. I am craving something new already. I feel sorry for Uncharted, thank God it gets a november release.

LBP2 is showing better holds than LBP1 in UK now, if its the same worldwide then it can still sell as much hopefully.

@makingmusic

it does sound mismanaged. Maybe at some point SONY decided Resistance 3 gets priority?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

just OK opening....

I was originally expecting it to do better than KZ2 but hey 500k isn't bad anyways so yeh.

i believe there is a reason that part of killzone 2 owner felt dissappointed thats why give up on this sequal, but the main reason is US this biggest region, i found that PS3 software sells at US is getting much lower recently, i think is because of the xbox360 userbase getting more and more hype ever since xbox360 slim and kinect launched, PS3 is just too difficult to get people's attention over there...