By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EARLY Killzone 3 Week 1 Estimates in - 500K!

EARLY Killzone 3 Week 1 Estimates in - 500K!

Good 92 26.82%

Meh 128 37.32%

Crap 93 27.11%

trololol I'm a robot so no opinion! 30 8.75%

Total:343

I figured itd perform worse, there was alot of hype for the second one but it was nothing special and most people knew that. So thats why the third underperformed.

But then again LBP2 did aswell and that was widely liked.

Around the Network
Tallgeese101 said:

I thought it would do much better than KZ2 since the install base is much higher and many big sequels do better this gen.

Yeah i thought the same thing, sales should improve because of the good word of mouth its been getting!

pezus said:
Doobie_wop said:
pezus said:
Dr.Grass said:

Its also worth considering that there was *almost* NOTHING to buy on the PS3 when Killzone2 launched.

Wat?

His kind of right. The only competition it really had was F.E.A.R. 2 and maybe Resident Evil 5, but that release was couple of weeks later. Every game up until the release of Infamous was kind of niche, mediocre or at best, Sacred 2 level of quality.

On the other hand, Killzone 3 has Bulletstorm, MVC3 and a slew of big releases from the month before (Dead Space 2 and LBP2). It also doesn't help that Dragon Age 2, Yakuza 4, Homefront and Crysis 2 release in about a week or two.

Killzone 2 came out at the right time, but I doubt much would of helped Killzone 3, it will most likely start with a smaller opening and then get picked up throughout the year and get bundled and then I'm sure it could leg it past Killzone 2 numbers eventually.

So are we going to ignore the games that released before Killzone 2?

Pretty much nothing released in the month of January, unless you think Afro Samurai is a big title.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

The game deserves so so much more.

NotStan said:
Jay520 said:
NotStan said:
Jay520 said:

Fucking non-believers. This low FW means nothing. Word of Mouth will be epic and this game will reach FIVE MILLIONS

How about a bet?

Why?

Well you seem to be pretty confident that it will reach those sales, whereas I am a bit confident that it won't reach sales that high.

I don't bet unless I'm 95% sure

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

I have mixed feelings about the sales. I overestimated this game by a huge margin and it didn't even have a better opening then Killzone 2. ( I expect better legs ) The sales aren't terrible but they aren't great either.
Although, 50,000 PS3's sold ? I didn't expect those Killzone 3 bundles to do much tbh.

I thought the game was being bundled for free in some places in the US? Buy a 160gb PS3 KZ3 for $299, the same price as the 160gb PS3 by itself.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/15/new-ps3-160gb-killzone-3-bundle-available-february-22nd/

Yeah it was. But many AA - AAA  games being bundled don't usually result in a modest bump.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E