By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EARLY Killzone 3 Week 1 Estimates in - 500K!

EARLY Killzone 3 Week 1 Estimates in - 500K!

Good 92 26.82%

Meh 128 37.32%

Crap 93 27.11%

trololol I'm a robot so no opinion! 30 8.75%

Total:343

This game is being heavily, heavily, heavily advertised in the US by the way, so no excuses please.

Around the Network

its undertracked 

ElGranCabeza said:

This game is being heavily, heavily, heavily advertised in the US by the way, so no excuses please.

I wouldn't say "heavily, heavily, heavily"

I wouldn't even say heavily. It's no GOW3 / U2 type advertising. I saw a few comercials on spike and some other channel arouund 8:00 Pm

Sales not great for an FPS game.  I think it is more of an effect of the FPS genre being much more glutted than ever before.

I disagree with everyone that says this game should have launched in Christmas-time.  Strong titles hold up in sales regardless of their time of release.  Just look at God of War 3 sales last year which it launched about the same time as KZ3.

Fall and Christmas season are already too front-loaded with FPS games-- KZ3 wasn't likely to do much better then either.   I would say that a shooter game has to hit at least 5 million in sales to be considered premier like Halo, Gears of War, Medal of Honor, Bad Company, and Call of Duty. 

A few reasons for Killzone 3's decline:

1.  Less than stellar reviews. 

2.  Too many other FPS games people are looking forward too:  Bulletstorm, Homefront, Crysis 2, Brink, BF 3, MW3, Rage, SOCOM 4, etc. 

3.  People are still enjoying their other FPS games like Black Ops and Bad Company 2 : Vietnam

4.  A lot of people that played Killzone 2 were let down by the experience

5.  The entire game was recently leaked onto the internet.  Maybe piracy is finally taken its toll on PS3 software sales?

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Fucking non-believers. This low FW means nothing. Word of Mouth will be epic and this game will reach FIVE MILLIONS

Around the Network
biggamejames79 said:
FattyDingDong said:

if this was a 360 exclusive it would of sold 2.3m first week

Yup!

If it was a 360 exclusive it wouldn't exist

ZIng!

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
biggamejames79 said:
FattyDingDong said:

if this was a 360 exclusive it would of sold 2.3m first week

Yup!

If it was a 360 exclusive it wouldn't exist

ZIng!

LMFAO!!!! hahahahhahaha ok you got me there hahaha well played

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

makingmusic476 said:
ultraslick said:

I think Sony could have hyped this game more, but they realize what the Killzone franchise is capable of and, imo, it is a building block to the eventual mega franchise that Sony will someday have.

Whether or not that is the new ip Guerilla is working on or not- remains to be seen.

What we do know is that it is almost definitely the best exclusive shooter on the ps3, and that is something.

Triple the marketing budeget and release during the holiday season and I think Sony will have their version of a Halo or Gears in a few years time.

I think they realized that potential when the first game broke 2 million, which is why they bought GG.

The fact that the sequel has barely outsold the first game and the third is looking to not do any better is a problem.

This game should've been delayed to the holidays, so GG could've polished it up, fixing all the graphical bugs and adding in features like online co-op, while also giving the game the benefit of a near-holiday release window.

I mean, hell, Medal of Honor had a better opening week.

Are the problems so bad that they can't be patched in?

I haven't played it yet.

Pretty poor launch to be honest.

And doesn't bode well for the future of the franchise, especially if the Killzone that launches on the NGP does poorly as well.  Which is unfortunate because KZ3 was an imporvement over KZ2 in every single way.