By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EARLY Killzone 3 Week 1 Estimates in - 500K!

EARLY Killzone 3 Week 1 Estimates in - 500K!

Good 92 26.82%

Meh 128 37.32%

Crap 93 27.11%

trololol I'm a robot so no opinion! 30 8.75%

Total:343
darthdevidem01 said:

Did it launch in Japan this week?

If not Killzone 2 did 700K in NA/EMEAA Week 1

Its a 200K difference, it could be made up if it has better legs.

Nope but I doubt aligning first week sales with Japan could turn tables tbh.

As you say, it's gotta have better legs. So for those anyone who played the game, get those Uncharted 2-level-word-of-mouth-talking. LOL

Around the Network

When I bought my PS3, Killzone 2 was one of the games I bought with it (along with UC2 and LBP) and, frankly,the game just did not live up to the hype surrounding it. I attempted to play it through on two separate occasions but couldn't get half way through because it was just so tedious (and I don't particularly like the PS controller). So I won't be buying 3. Perhaps there are a lot of people who feel the same way, especially as this one has scored lower.

I think Sony could have hyped this game more, but they realize what the Killzone franchise is capable of and, imo, it is a building block to the eventual mega franchise that Sony will someday have.

Whether or not that is the new ip Guerilla is working on or not- remains to be seen.

What we do know is that it is almost definitely the best exclusive shooter on the ps3, and that is something.

Triple the marketing budeget and release during the holiday season and I think Sony will have their version of a Halo or Gears in a few years time.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Boutros said:

As I have said on the article page, it's too bad it didn't outsell Killzone 2 but I kind of see it having better legs considering there's a bundle this time and there's Move.

Bulletstorm might have eaten on Killzone 3's first week numbers as well.

All in all those sales aren't too bad considering it didn't quite get received as well as Killzone 2.

By EMEAA chartz... not.

ethomaz said:
Boutros said:

As I have said on the article page, it's too bad it didn't outsell Killzone 2 but I kind of see it having better legs considering there's a bundle this time and there's Move.

Bulletstorm might have eaten on Killzone 3's first week numbers as well.

All in all those sales aren't too bad considering it didn't quite get received as well as Killzone 2.

By EMEAA chartz... not.

This means Bulletstorm has possibly done less than 250K PS360 combined in EMEAA Week 1?

Oh dear...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

when did it come out? 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
ultraslick said:

I think Sony could have hyped this game more, but they realize what the Killzone franchise is capable of and, imo, it is a building block to the eventual mega franchise that Sony will someday have.

Whether or not that is the new ip Guerilla is working on or not- remains to be seen.

What we do know is that it is almost definitely the best exclusive shooter on the ps3, and that is something.

Triple the marketing budeget and release during the holiday season and I think Sony will have their version of a Halo or Gears in a few years time.

I think they realized that potential when the first game broke 2 million, which is why they bought GG.

The fact that the sequel has barely outsold the first game and the third is looking to not do any better is a problem.

This game should've been delayed to the holidays, so GG could've polished it up, fixing all the graphical bugs and adding in features like online co-op, while also giving the game the benefit of a near-holiday release window.

I mean, hell, Medal of Honor had a better opening week.

psrock said:

when did it come out? 

Wednesday in mainland Europe, Friday in the UK.

Same as Killzone 2.

makingmusic476 said:
ultraslick said:

This game should've been delayed to the holidays, so GG could've polished it up, fixing all the graphical bugs and adding in features like online co-op, while also giving the game the benefit of a near-holiday release window.

This has been a recurring problem on PS3 exclusives. Idgi.

makingmusic476 said:
ultraslick said:

I think they realized that potential when the first game broke 2 million, which is why they bought GG.

The fact that the sequel has barely outsold the first game and the third is looking to not do any better is a problem.

I mean, hell, Medal of Honor had a better opening week.

Holiday season is Resistance 3 mania time.

They couldn't have 2 major 1st party FPS' unless Resistance 3 had to be delayed (but its already been through a 3 year dev cycle)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey